֍Winp®oClean֍

Dazmond....
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:52:53 pm »
Come on man, I've got tea on hold, tv progs set to record, turned the phone off etc..... ;D
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

Re: Dazmond....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:56:05 pm »
the ruddy heater doesnt work mate!hopefully itll all get sorted tomorrow morning.
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »
No way!

Did it not get demonstrated while you were there and all up and running? That’s disappointing!
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:25 pm »
No way!

Did it not get demonstrated while you were there and all up and running? That’s disappointing!

yep but i just couldnt get it to work for longer than 5 mins when plugged into my pole today(the burner kept cutting out and fault codes 1 or 2 flashed up)its getting sorted tomorrow hopefully jonny.

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:07:33 pm »
Cut your loses, will give £200 cash no questions asked.

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 07:09:14 pm »
No way!

yep but i just couldnt get it to work for longer than 5 mins when plugged into my pole today(the burner kept cutting out and fault codes 1 or 2 flashed up)its getting sorted tomorrow hopefully jonny.

Just a teething problem!

Happens with everything that has a bit of technology to it. You can drive a brand new bmw worth 50k off the forecourt and have to take it back for a little niggle. Then it could run flawless for 10 years.

Same principle mate. It’ll get sorted.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:15:45 pm »
Just bung in a 3kw Immersion, plug in during night. No faff next day nor stress n away you merrily go  ;D ;D

Feel for you though, hope it gets sorted
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 08:22:08 pm »
Just teething problems Dazmond, they sell lots of these things so I'm sure it will just be a minor niggle.👍
Comfortably Numb!

lal

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 10:02:10 pm »

It must be very soul destroying first day and this happens dazmond, just look at it as a minor setback, the Grippa engineer
  will have you up and running tomorrow, and you won't look back, its probably something  trivial, all the best mate.

Lal

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 10:35:25 pm »
How much fuel have you in your tank?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

andyM

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 06:04:15 am »
the ruddy heater doesnt work mate!hopefully itll all get sorted tomorrow morning.

You didn't put unleaded in it......did you Daz?
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 07:50:10 am »
How much fuel have you in your tank?

full tank and full charge on batteries spruce

NWH

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 10:29:02 am »
Could be something as simple as a loose plug there’s 3 that go into the top of the heater unit,it could take 2 hours to sort or 30 seconds.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 10:31:01 am »
A loose plug will give the same symptoms works for 5 minutes and switches off if it’s not solid on top of the right hand side of the heater where they plug in I’ve had the same problem,took it off re seated it and away it went.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 11:27:52 am »
Try to familiarise how it works in conjunction with the system it will save you headache after headache,read the manuals and like I say get an idea of what wires etc work together and with what. I’ve had the simplest things stop it working over the years and without having read what goes where and troubleshooting trial and error of the years I’d have been stuffed.

andyM

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 02:29:39 pm »
Stick some Redex in it!
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 04:01:41 pm »
fuel issue.grippa are picking my van up next thursday.the heater works fine when the engines running but as soon as i stop the van and start working within 5 mins the heater is starved of diesel and stops working.something to do with the fuel pump/diesel tank/ pick up pipe.just needs a new part fitting and a different place to go in the diesel tank methinks.

i worked with hot all day today but with the engine running and doors locked.(heater was running for a solid 4 hours plus)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 04:08:06 pm »
Glad to hear it's getting sorted, I hear good things about Grippa.👍
Comfortably Numb!

p1w1

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 04:10:27 pm »
fuel issue.grippa are picking my van up next thursday.the heater works fine when the engines running but as soon as i stop the van and start working within 5 mins the heater is starved of diesel and stops working.something to do with the fuel pump/diesel tank/ pick up pipe.just needs a new part fitting and a different place to go in the diesel tank methinks.

i worked with hot all day today but with the engine running and doors locked.(heater was running for a solid 4 hours plus)
are they leaving you a van so you can work still? What temp did it get up too

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »
yep mate.theyll drive up to me and leave me a van and system to keep me working while they sort it.they ve been great to deal with.good customer service.

no idea what temperature but warm to the touch and quite hot when reel virtually fully wound in(it was very cold today).the reel hose was nice and warm.i forgot how great it is to have supple manageable hoses! :)