redstarwindowcleaners

buying poles straight out of china
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:01:35 pm »
Has any one had any experince of buying wfp direct from manufacturers in china
The prices bring banded about   / quality of the products  make it seem a viable option

Chances are the uk suppliers source their products from there anyway so you are effectively cutting out the middle man and saving yourself a large pile of cash
Stand before my gates and be judged

sglods

Re: buying poles straight out of china
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 02:05:32 pm »
ANY ONE GET ANY LINKS/WEB ADDRESS FOR CHINA SUPPLYS

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »
Has any one had any experince of buying wfp direct from manufacturers in china
The prices bring banded about   / quality of the products  make it seem a viable option

Chances are the uk suppliers source their products from there anyway so you are effectively cutting out the middle man and saving yourself a large pile of cash
but the middle man is probably buying in bulk your not going to be able to go to a manufactures in china to buy a couple of poles or 2-3 wfp systems there will be minimum orders etc. And to be honest prices now are not that bad really especially the poles.

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »
Briefly looking looking into it  via  sources thro tradekey etc a number of suppliers are willing to supply for personnal use ie 1 2 3 etc pole not in bulk
The savings seem significant even on single purchases
Even when taking  into acount exchange rates sterling to us dollar taxes and shipping
On a 50ft full carbon jobbie the possible saving could be 300 / 350 on retail in the uk

Its something I reckon could be worth investigating further if a saving of this amount could be made

wightsurf

Cliff perkins

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 02:52:45 pm »
and for gutter vac poles mate
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »
Briefly looking looking into it  via  sources thro tradekey etc a number of suppliers are willing to supply for personnal use ie 1 2 3 etc pole not in bulk
Even when taking  into acount exchange rates sterling to us dollar taxes and shipping
On a 50ft full carbon jobbie the possible saving could be 300 / 350 on retail in the uk

Its something I reckon could be worth investigating further if a saving of this amount could be made

Going by that then yes maybe worth a look have you taken import duty into consideration as well .

ben M

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 04:09:03 pm »

you forget the shipping, very expensive!

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »
No its in the equation
Theres no doubt they can be brought cheaper
Its finding a trusted seller where parts are also avaliable and the quality can be assured

windiewasher

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »
The import taxes are the killer
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »
you mark the item down for the lowest price possible and say its a present.

think it works out cheaper that way
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 05:41:34 pm »
A lot of scammers. You would need to send a verification agent to the factory to see if they are actually legit before u send 400over to someone accross the world and hear nothing ever again!

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 06:08:13 pm »
Anyone purchased from china direct !

kevinc

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 06:25:12 pm »
yes it can be done,it doesn't work out too much cheaper to be honest than buying from the uk,i have just imported two 18's and a 23 foot pole,all needed brushes and hose but no big issue their,they came with an alloy gooseneck weighing in at 108 grams for around the £8.00 extra on top of the pole,pole wise its brilliant and much easier and quicker to use than anything here in the uk-simples.
it is however let down by the near six foot collapsed lenght and its only really an issue on small areas etc.
if you were to go down this route there is a lot of research to be done-its not all to do with price its the clamps/make up of all the sections and of which type of carbon they use/how many wraps of one type and how many of another,this dictates whether you are buying a good pole or not,-would i do this again,yes i would and i am in the new year,i would say 99%of the poles we buy here in the uk come from china,ok they have shorter lenght sections different clamps some even embossed with logo's still all made in china,these are specified by the suppliers to make them unique and keep you loyal to one brand because one thing fits all scenario.
think of it what you will but for me and a few others we would not buy from the uk suppliers again,as for scammers yes i guess there are about to be honest again its down to research,mine came from chian with tracking in under five days from a paypal payment

wightsurf

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 06:52:48 pm »
yes it can be done,it doesn't work out too much cheaper to be honest than buying from the uk,i have just imported two 18's and a 23 foot pole,all needed brushes and hose but no big issue their,they came with an alloy gooseneck weighing in at 108 grams for around the £8.00 extra on top of the pole,pole wise its brilliant and much easier and quicker to use than anything here in the uk-simples.
it is however let down by the near six foot collapsed lenght and its only really an issue on small areas etc.
if you were to go down this route there is a lot of research to be done-its not all to do with price its the clamps/make up of all the sections and of which type of carbon they use/how many wraps of one type and how many of another,this dictates whether you are buying a good pole or not,-would i do this again,yes i would and i am in the new year,i would say 99%of the poles we buy here in the uk come from china,ok they have shorter lenght sections different clamps some even embossed with logo's still all made in china,these are specified by the suppliers to make them unique and keep you loyal to one brand because one thing fits all scenario.
think of it what you will but for me and a few others we would not buy from the uk suppliers again,as for scammers yes i guess there are about to be honest again its down to research,mine came from chian with tracking in under five days from a paypal payment

Could we have details of the supplier ?

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
i dont get it.if its not that much cheaper than buying from a uk supplier then why bother?why dont you want to buy from a uk supplier like gardiners who have excellent customer service and shorter collapsed length poles?

id rather pay a bit extra and give business to uk suppliers myself.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »
i dont get it.if its not that much cheaper than buying from a uk supplier then why bother?why dont you want to buy from a uk supplier like gardiners who have excellent customer service and shorter collapsed length poles?

regards

dazmond
Exact same for me too

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 08:23:11 pm »

regards

dazmond
Exact same for me too

And me too too.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

kevinc

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 08:26:14 pm »
for an 18 footer the savings are about £50 but as you get higher in the range the savings are better,sub £300 mark for a 45' pole weighing in at under 2kg's-these can be made on request in high modular at extra cost,,have  poles made by the uk suppliers and to be honest i find the chinese poles better in use and much more intuative

ben M

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 08:34:02 pm »

regards

dazmond
Exact same for me too

And me too too.

+2

Buying direct from china is all wong.
lol where do you think gardiner poles come from?
China!