Ian101

Can you call before you come next time
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »
Came outta the blue from a customer this afternoon.  :o

Reason being last time I came I scared her daughter who was in the bathroom as "the noise on the window sounded like world war 3"  and she would like to be able to let other family members that the window cleaner is calling the next day as "they have a lot on and are busy people"

Why she didnt call me at the time 2 months ago I dont know as my numbers are on my slips ??

No access issues. ok price and reasonable payers online ... been cleaning em for well over a year.

I reminded her that she had changed me from middle of every other month to the end of every other month - this she couldnt recall.

If I bother to go back Im sure it will turn into a not this time so may just save myself the hassle and dump ??

H S and Son

Re: Can you call before you come next time
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 07:41:26 pm »
No way.

If the worst comes to the worst tell her you'll ring the bell before you start next time. Even that is pushing the boat out, but no way do you want to have to ring.

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »
Nearly told her to find another windie there and then but she pays online  ;)

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »
so what was your reply when she phoned?       

mister bit

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »
can you get a jingle like the ice cream van man? this would be cool and all those disappointed kiddies faces come the summer hols ... i can't beleive you didn't think of this before

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:52 pm »
Mountain out of a molehill, is it really that bad to have to call the odd customer? Its a wonder any of you have any customers left the way you talk about dumping....

Steve Sed

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 08:52:09 pm »

So? I don't understand how paying online is better than any other payment method.

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
we have all seen this type of customer for some reason the just want to put obstacles in your path
no matter what size round you have you dont need this

dump

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:56:00 pm »
If its the first obsticle surely a bit of customer service is no big deal, I agree if they keep on putting up obsticles then could be an issue but she has been a good customer for over a year....

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 08:59:30 pm »
serious question ;D
how do we define customer service ???
or what are the acceptable limits of customer service

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 09:02:39 pm »
Flip the question, if you were the customer would you think it was too much to ask? I wouldnt.... I agree that you guys shouldnt jump through hoops and but the odd phone call is not beyond anyone....

p1w1

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 09:04:14 pm »
Mountain out of a molehill, is it really that bad to have to call the odd customer? Its a wonder any of you have any customers left the way you talk about dumping....
totally agree

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
text her - but explain its not a reason for her to say she doesnt want a clean that day
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »
have we created our own problems ???
many years ago window cleaners would just call and do the job
now i do appreciate that times have moved on and we need to adapt or die,technology as played a big part in this,ie texting but in our quest to be different from other windies are we not just compounding the situation and giving more power to the customer
this is a devils advocate question :P

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »
Just politely manage her expectations:-

I'd say - "I'm sorry your daughter was startled and I understand your family are busy people. So I'm sure you appreciate I'm extremely busy too. If I called all my customers before cleaning I'd be making 20 calls a day!

I hope you don't mind if I call as agreed and ring the doorbell to let you know I'm here?

She may well agree. If she doesn't then is she really the sort of custy you want?

Your decision of course ...
It's a game of three halves!

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »
now i do appreciate that times have moved on and we need to adapt or die,technology as played a big part in this,ie texting but in our quest to be different from other windies are we not just compounding the situation and giving more power to the customer

Any business is customer led, I think too many on here forget that and think they are in charge. No customers equals no business...

If someone came in and offered a more customer led experience then the customers would follow....

I have said for a long time that sooner or later someone will set up a "super" company in the domestic market that competes on price and customer service and totally change the industry....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 10:05:32 pm »

Any business is customer led, I think too many on here forget that and think they are in charge. No customers equals no business...

If someone came in and offered a more customer led experience then the customers would follow....

I have said for a long time that sooner or later someone will set up a "super" company in the domestic market that competes on price and customer service and totally change the industry....

The problem with that bit in red is that  "Super Company" "Competing on Price" "Customer Service" are uneasy bedfellows.
It's a game of three halves!

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »
It can be done...

Ian101

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 10:06:41 pm »
so what was your reply when she phoned?       

Wasnt over phone ... was when I was there this afternoon ... she wasnt in when I started and arrived home just as I was finishing.

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »

So? I don't understand how paying online is better than any other payment method.

its not its the the way I typed it .... get paid then dump