mister bit

Correct technique for pole
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:36:26 am »
I was just having a little think about this because my two poles are fairly heavy. The thoughts I had are thus

i) what is the optimum angle for the pole 3:1? 2:1? Do you stand well back or fairly close? In which case flex in the pole could be quite useful - giving extra pressure at the brush?

ii) rather than involve the arms and shoulders in the scrubbing action. Would it be better to use less arm action and more leg action? You might look like a twit but if it was more a squatting motion using the buttocks and thigh muscles - which are more used to doing repetitive lifting - there would be less strain on the neck? (And women love tight buns muscled thighs, don't they?)

iii) wearing a baseball hat or anything with a peak seems to make you look up with the neck rather than the eyeballs. Has anyone tried those sunglasses  8) fisherman use to take away the reflection from the sun?

Just a few thoughts whilst I had a few days off  ;D everyone banging on about equipment and I like to think the most valuable equipment is me  ;) . Is it called ergonomics or something? Anybody else have any thoughts/ideas to share?

Pope vader

Re: Correct technique for pole
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:41:59 am »
1  55 degrees

2  ha ha

3  ha ha

mister bit

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:35:46 am »
1) 55 degrees - who says? Do you have a link?

2) Are you Alan Partridge?  :D

3) Are you a Norwegian pop group?  :) can see lots of puns flying in now. Negating my serious research   >:( are you trying to "Take On Me" ?

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:38:54 am »
stand further back if space will allow.stop you getting too much neck ache!

get some decent  polorised sunglasses for sunny days and a cap for light rain.

rock the body instead of arm movements at anything higher than first floor work.

get a light sturdy pole like a SLX full carbon fibre.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Pope vader

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:12 am »
the is a thing on gardiners web site abotu working at 55 degrees angle, at over 35 ft,  this seems about right below as well workouts out to be about 35 or 55 degrees depening on which way you look at it,

i wasnt having a go at you, but what every you do dont start "Crying in the Rain" as you got to remember "The Sun Always Shines on T.V."  and remember that "The Blood That Moves the Body" will help the legs when you are cleaning

mister bit

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:31 am »
"Rock the Body" was that a song too?

So more a motion like pulling the rigging on a sail boat using legs not arms.

Therefore wouldn't it be better to have the jets positioned above the brush? Instead of in the brush for rinsing purposes. Then you wouldn't have to lean back/ take the strain of moving the brush off the glass.

Pope vader

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:17:00 am »
rinse on the glass

james51174

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 11:04:29 am »
most of my jobs i stand at the angle the property allows!!

side of houses with fences too close!!

pitched roofs

flower beds

etc etc...it all changes the angles for me drastically

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 04:50:24 pm »
Defo James...
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"