john martin

Re: Best In Line Heater? New
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 11:05:58 pm »
some heater comparisons here  ...   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBo8AgCR_44
your diesel scores highest mike .

2400w is the max practical in the usa 120v so you could add a bit more to his score if it was 230v 3kw

i have heaters to cannibalize  ... gonna build a 6000w two corder pretty soon .

Productive day  , i finished a heater  , instead of a two cord i decided to put together a 4000w(approx) one cord .
Its switchable from about 3000w to 4000w   ....  and i still have my powerflite so i can try some 7000w fun by joining them inline .
In the pic the current is 15.2 amps ...  earlier in the day the voltage was about 239v  ... domestic voltage seems to vary .

john martin

Re: Best In Line Heater?
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 11:10:15 pm »
guts

The lower power setting

steve swinney

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »
I'm on with a few heater projects myself , 1 using diesel & 1 is vacuum recovery ( as a pre heat booster)...any chance of a video of your project

john martin

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 04:44:03 pm »
I'm on with a few heater projects myself , 1 using diesel & 1 is vacuum recovery ( as a pre heat booster)...any chance of a video of your project
Like a video of it working ?  i still have to test it  , i didnt even put water through it yet .  Im generally off like everyone but i have bits to do ongoing in an empty hotel  ....  il try it out tomorrow .
And likewise , would be great to see pics/video of the escape in action and your heatings systems .

steve swinney

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 05:01:07 pm »
I will do a video when I've got it all done

john martin

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 08:21:45 pm »
Dreadful video  , but heater working well

https://vimeo.com/411820411

mjm

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2020, 08:59:20 pm »
Wow  that's heat    you dont use the handle o the wand either never found them useful    are you going to sell the heaters

john martin

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2020, 09:18:13 pm »
Never cared for the handle  .... although i use it on the 2" wand   ... cause its awkward to grab .

No ... not selling the heaters , just trying to make life as easy as possible for myself  ,  if someone has an inline heater though , if they combine it with another heater they get the same results  , like pick up even an old 2000w heater or whatever and combine it with what you got.
Mytee have gone and copied steambrites experimental modified mytee turbo ... and are now selling it  ( a twin cord ) it might be offered in the uk , buy god knows they will add a few hundred .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96BJCTxK1p4

mjm

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2020, 09:35:22 pm »
So  basically my magma heater link it to the    box and have 2 heares running  :o

john martin

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2020, 10:09:08 pm »
yeah , the mytee would not be quite as powerfull as two magmas ... that would be about 23amps ... the mytee twin would be about 20 amps  .
I can still put my other heater with the new one for 26 amps ( still have to try that )
You have to consider whats practical to plug into the house also .

If you come across another lower-powered heater used perhaps .... i would put that with your magma , should be plenty .

mjm

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2020, 10:37:38 pm »
Aaah ok I was thinking of the tripping of fuse boxes 
I have a lot of plugs and wires going on at the moment machine vac pod maga heater  agitator spinner
sebo 
 I dont want to risk it yet  iam really not use to this machines power I only have it on 150psi   forcarpets    but I have the spinner and squeegee  and brush from westpak I put it on 800psi and cleaned  the hard floor and tiles on the floor of the shower in my place it's got some kick this beast iam going to stay with one magma for  now   dont want to curse my work at the moment I have little of it just like the rest 😳
Thanks for the advice anyway keep it coming  brother 😎