Grafters Cleaning Services

working on a sunday
« on: November 05, 2006, 04:48:08 pm »
for the first time in this job i've had to work today (sunday) as i have so much work coming in,
it is not the sort of thing i would like to do every week as i like to have at least 1 day off a week.

having said that, no one complained about me working today (except her indoors) and even picked up 2 new jobs.

all said and done i can't complain, normally i don't discuss my earnings but surfice to say this week has been in the 4 figure bracket.
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

supernova77

Re: working on a sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 04:57:45 pm »
Jay,

Did you work Saturday as well?

Andy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:20:28 pm »
Jay,

Did you work Saturday as well?

Andy

i did work on sat andy but not window cleaning
(my other job as a part time entertainer)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:23:20 pm »
What do you do Jay?
Stand up and say "wfp cleans windows properly!"

Must drive them hysterical! ;D

;)

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:53:09 pm »
What do you do Jay?
Stand up and say "wfp cleans windows properly!"

Must drive the hysterical! ;D

;)
believe it or not discos etc, the moneys good ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 06:07:29 pm »
I only work Monday to Thursday and this week I had to work Friday morning. That felt like a Sunday.

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 07:28:27 pm »
for the first time in this job i've had to work today (sunday) as i have so much work coming in,
it is not the sort of thing i would like to do every week as i like to have at least 1 day off a week.

having said that, no one complained about me working today (except her indoors) and even picked up 2 new jobs.

all said and done i can't complain, normally i don't discuss my earnings but surfice to say this week has been in the 4 figure bracket.

You dont have to work Sundays, just because you got so much coming in it is acceptable to say that little word NO, and to compound  matters you even picked up another 2 jobs, all work and no play etc etc :o

fishman

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 09:35:39 pm »
You are obviously in the entertainment business mate!, you say that this week you earned four figures, surely that means you didnt have to work today but chose to! KEEP EM ROLLING, youve got me rolling in the aisles already

Majestic

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:45:18 pm »
I had to work today, I do a shopping centre and part of it needs to be cleaned using a cherry picker.

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 09:50:00 pm »

KJG

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:56:20 pm »
I worked today and yesterday, nowt new or a big deal to me. Mind you, it was commercial work. Don't think I'd feel comfortable doing domestic stuff on a Sunday.

busydaffodil

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 05:46:17 am »
my businesses operate 7 days a week.   

gary evans

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:03 am »
Hi All

We just worked sat & sun, same for me last week & week before, off this coming weekend cant wait.

Some reason we have been in-undated with jobs that should have been done aug sept.

I have to do paperwork most sundays am anyway, worst when i,ve been out on vans all week working then have to do business side. 80+ hours this week, sometimes wonder if it would be easier for someone else

All commercial windows or high level cleaning.

Gary.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 07:31:47 am »
In a previous occupation I've worked long hours, 7 days a week, sometimes for long periods at a time; but now Sundays are 'sacred'.

I'll work - quite happily - for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning, collecting and giving quotes (I save them up for Saturday mornings), but never on a Sunday.

It's now Monday morning, and I've got to be at my first account for 8.00 am; and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into todays work.

I think you need one day per week, at least, to re-charge your batteries.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 07:52:25 am »
all work and no play makes jack......
wildstyles

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 10:34:55 am »
I hate working on sundays!

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 02:41:32 pm »

I've worked a sunday before now. I know that shops, pubs, restaurants are open and I know that taxi/bus/train drivers work sundays but somehow being up a ladder at 9am on a sunday didn't "feel" right....dunno why....!!

petetaylor56

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 04:35:41 pm »
 :)monday to friday no weekends or am i just be getting lazy ;D
today i be mostly wfp

LSB

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 04:40:55 pm »
i do mainly domestic , and wouldnt feel right cleaning houses on a sunday ! although over the years there have been many times when i have been behind and could have done with adding an extra day to my working week ! i also tried collecting on sundays a few years ago , and although ( as hoped ) people were in to pay , many of them commented that i must be skint to be hounding customers for money on a sunday !

Majestic

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 05:04:03 pm »
Last month I did a high level internal clean in a shopping centre. That had to be done between 6pm and 8 am.
You just price accordingly

tatman

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 06:24:46 pm »
Who wants to work weekends ??? i like my life never work saturday certainly not SUNDAY :'( Must be hard up or unhappy at home. Your a long time dead :-X

tatman

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 03:10:31 pm »
dont let the greed monster take over. Who cares how much you earnt youll never get that sunday back i spend mine with wife and kids ;D And no i dont need to work sundys ::)

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 03:18:57 pm »
dont let the greed monster take over. Who cares how much you earnt youll never get that sunday back i spend mine with wife and kids ;D And no i dont need to work sundys ::)
Well said, you might THINK you need to catch up but is it really going to make that much of a difference to your work. If so then really you need to get your life in order that's what i think!!

P®oPole™

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 05:17:39 pm »
You guys just dont get it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ProPole

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:54 pm »
Had to delete a couple of posts, sorry fellas, you know the part of the forum to go for that kind of chat.
Stay on topic please guys.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 06:03:53 pm »
You sods keep posting faster than I can delete!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

D woods

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 06:15:53 pm »
Hi Propole
I agree with you Sundays are a great day for work (no traffic wardens)

When you are older and living in a 5 bed det house and driving a new Merck. you will notice all the people that told you not to work 7 days a
week, are now saying what a lucky git you are.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 01:56:40 pm »
When you are older and living in a 5 bed det house and driving a new Merck. you will notice all the people that told you not to work 7 days a

I do live in a 5 Bed house and ok, its not a merc but a BMW but thats my personal choice, and guess what, probably worked about 5 weekends in the 15 years I have been in this industry.

I employed people, reason being, work smarter, not HARDER!!!

My wife and children know the score, MON - Friday = BUSINESS, Friday evening til Monday morning FAMILY TIME!! If you get the balance wrong you will either end up rich but lonely or happy and poor!

Take your sunday propole, if the money was that good, why not sub it out, earn over the weekend and spend time with your family, everyone's a winner!!!! And yes, I do several blue chip clients, so I know the going rate  ;)

Money is a great motivator but is also a selfish drug that once you are absorbed by it you cant see the woods for the trees.

Each to their own I guess  :-\
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

D woods

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 02:13:00 pm »
That's a fair point Trever. I think the reason I always liked working on a Sunday
was because the commercial buildings in London that we work on are so much
easier to get round when there is no one around . Also no traffic wardens
giving us grief.

Plus you make a lot more money working seven days instead of five.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 06:58:13 pm »
Plus you make a lot more money working seven days instead of five.
And you will make a lot more by employing people!!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

D woods

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »
Hi Trevor
I agree about making more money by employing people.

Get your employees to work seven days a week then the
money roles in faster than you can spend it.

Then you can spend as much time as you want doing other things.

Londoner

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 08:21:07 pm »
Round here ( London suburbs ) a lot of people are out all day and the weekends are the only time you will catch them in.
I do some weekend work but the jobs got to be worth the hassle.

Ladders

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 09:27:21 pm »
I work one sunday each month, and thats only because it,s a commercal.

I would have time to do it during the week, but cant get near the building for parked cars,except for sunday. :'(

I do live in a 5 Bed house and ok, its not a merc but a BMW but thats my personal choice, and guess what, probably worked about 5 weekends in the 15 years I have been in this industry.

I employed people, reason being, work smarter, not HARDER!!!

My wife and children know the score, MON - Friday = BUSINESS, Friday evening til Monday morning FAMILY TIME!! If you get the balance wrong you will either end up rich but lonely or happy and poor!

Take your sunday propole, if the money was that good, why not sub it out, earn over the weekend and spend time with your family, everyone's a winner!!!! And yes, I do several blue chip clients, so I know the going rate  ;)

Money is a great motivator but is also a selfish drug that once you are absorbed by it you cant see the woods for the trees.

Each to their own I guess  :-\

Very good post Trevor.

Read many posts on here before,where the only reason people have started window cleaning.
WAS TO GET OUT OF THE RAT RACE.......

Cheers Jeff.
For every problem there is a solution