robbo333

Re: Guttervac genny hire
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2022, 05:56:11 pm »
Guy's
have a big commercial gutter clear early Jan
Gonna be using a 28 watt g/v and a 36 watt g/v
Can you advise on 2 things please

What size generator we'll need to hire to run them both, best type ect.
And any idea's about removing all the gutter debris,  it's town centre's so know handy foliage for tipping, nor brown bins..

Thanks

If It were me (you are obviously using 2 gennys), I would ask the hire company which gennys they would recommend given the initial and continuous wattage. If you want to 'wing it' then bag up the waste and take it to a commercial recycling centre (cost in the additional charge).
However, If the building is in a built up area, then all of the other factors come in to play and I would consider if it's actually worth the additional hassle (now you've agreed a price).
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2022, 10:35:52 pm »
Other thing to consider is weather - very easy for them to be frozen

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2022, 08:23:32 am »
I would have thought all theses questions should have been asked before quoting the  job , surely if you do this kind of work regularly then you should already have or know what kva generator you will need . Also if this is commercial work then you should be using 110 volt vacs not 240 but again as a contractor you should already know this . As for removing rubbish from  site again you should know that if you are transporting it yourself  you need a waist carriers licence obtained from  the council usually theses are free . If using a skip hire company then they will sort it out . If cordoning off a section of pavement then again you have to inform the  council and have the appropriate signage and diversion  routes for pedestrians and possibly consider traffic lights if needed . I dont feel that you really have the skill set for this type of work and could very easily drop yourself in it with the local authority probably best to pass on the job and get a firm to do it that know what they are doing .

I bet he can spell though!
You have people here replying to you who do this type of work for a living. Instead of bring a dick why don't you try and pick their brains to the processes you need to follow to do this type of work?

lee_dewing

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2022, 09:45:05 am »
Good luck Anderclean 👍

Spruce and Smudger have all the knowledge on this.

Sorry but if I was 99% residential gutters
I wouldn’t go to all this aggro for 1%

Could you flush the gutter crap down their communal toilets 🚽🤔😁

Good luck 🎄⛄️👍🥳
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

DJW

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2022, 09:59:48 am »
Do it Christmas day. Nobody about to moan.

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2022, 03:13:50 pm »
Do it Christmas day. Nobody about to moan.

;D
Heard that solution many times in many different circumstances.

When ICI had a noxious gas to burn off, do it on a weekend when there is no one working to complain to. By the time Monday came, no one knew about any gas burn off occurring over the weekend. We will look in the job logs! Couldn't find a record of anything like that happening. Sorry. :o
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ggh

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2022, 09:05:20 pm »
I heard a rumour HSE only turn up on normal working hours……..
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2022, 11:28:35 pm »

They will turn up 24/7 if something dangerous is reported or a serious accident or death occurs, we have them come out on some shouts we attend .

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2022, 08:06:22 am »
From what I've read I'd say stick to cleaning 3 bed semis. What a performance! Voltage regulations, Hse, waste carriers license. I couldn't be arsed.

DJW

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2022, 08:42:04 am »
Half of it is just chest puffing!

Ggh

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2022, 11:22:32 am »

They will turn up 24/7 if something dangerous is reported or a serious accident or death occurs, we have them come out on some shouts we attend .

RIDDOR?

I can still do a good BA shuffle!😄
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2022, 11:27:33 am »

RIDDOR?

I can still do a good BA shuffle!😄

😂😂

DJW

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2022, 12:05:21 pm »

lol

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2022, 01:13:27 pm »
From what I've read I'd say stick to cleaning 3 bed semis. What a performance! Voltage regulations, Hse, waste carriers license. I couldn't be arsed.

But then you’re not getting ££££’s per clear only ££ or £££

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk