dazmond

bluetooth headphones for the winter months......
« on: October 21, 2020, 06:59:11 pm »
i bought some bang and olufsen headphones at the airport on the way to greece and ive just started to wear one of them while im working.......much better than wire ones!ive never had a set before.....

great for music.........but what podcasts/audio books do you guys listen too/recommend for the long weeks,months ahead?
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

Re: bluetooth headphones for the winter months......
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 07:05:04 pm »
I listen to Spotify music , all different sorts so I don’t get bored. Mainly ‘beast mode’ playlist- it’s a high intensity gym music playlist. Usually helps the day whizz by!

Ched

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 07:13:05 pm »
I listen to Spotify music , all different sorts so I don’t get bored. Mainly ‘beast mode’ playlist- it’s a high intensity gym music playlist. Usually helps the day whizz by!
Any idea what sort of data allowance you use a month using spotify?

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 07:22:41 pm »
i bought some bang and olufsen headphones at the airport on the way to greece and ive just started to wear one of them while im working.......much better than wire ones!ive never had a set before.....

great for music.........but what podcasts/audio books do you guys listen too/recommend for the long weeks,months ahead?

I can see how you can get away with wearing just one  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 07:40:50 pm »

I’m with sky mobile , 10gb data , unlimited calls & txts for £10 a month. Every 30 days , whatever data is left over gets banked and can use it at any time I like in the next 2 years (I think).
Anyway , it’s 5 days until my data gets renewed and Iv still got 6.4gb left!  I use Spotify around 5-6 hours a day maybe 5 days a week (6 recently 😅).
Soo... possibly at that usage 4gb a month , but google maps and loads of other apps use my data so it’ll be less than 4gb a month.
Spotify is free as well , as long as you don’t mind adverts every now and again.
HTH 👍

Ched

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 08:29:25 pm »

I’m with sky mobile , 10gb data , unlimited calls & txts for £10 a month. Every 30 days , whatever data is left over gets banked and can use it at any time I like in the next 2 years (I think).
Anyway , it’s 5 days until my data gets renewed and Iv still got 6.4gb left!  I use Spotify around 5-6 hours a day maybe 5 days a week (6 recently 😅).
Soo... possibly at that usage 4gb a month , but google maps and loads of other apps use my data so it’ll be less than 4gb a month.
Spotify is free as well , as long as you don’t mind adverts every now and again.
HTH 👍
Cheers thats very helpful.

deeege

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:50:34 pm »
Download audible and get a book every month. I’m also hooked on true crime podcasts, there’s literally thousands and thousands of hours of free podcasts to download.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 08:51:54 pm »
Smarty, owned by Three is £10 a month. You get 30gb data, unlimited calls & texts. Sim only. £9 a month if you get at leadt on other family member on it too.8) No data carry over though but who needs it with 30gb allowance?

Download your podcasts over wifi before you go to work if you don’t want to use your data.

I subscribe to the Peter Crouch podcast, newscast, americast, martin lewis moneysaver & David Dimbleby’s the Fault line about the iraq war amongst others. Makes the day fly by along with music & talksport.

Airpod pros are great. I just wear one so i can still hear customers etc. Great for phone calls too.  They have the grommets so actually stay in my ears unlike the ordinary ones which i had but lost. Have also lost an airpod pro in a custy’s pond. Cost me £100 for a replacement :( I don’t think I could clean windows without music/radio or similar.

Ched

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 09:06:04 pm »
Smarty, owned by Three is £10 a month. You get 30gb data, unlimited calls & texts. Sim only. £9 a month if you get at leadt on other family member on it too.8) No data carry over though but who needs it with 30gb allowance?

Download your podcasts over wifi before you go to work if you don’t want to use your data.

I subscribe to the Peter Crouch podcast, newscast, americast, martin lewis moneysaver & David Dimbleby’s the Fault line about the iraq war amongst others. Makes the day fly by along with music & talksport.

Airpod pros are great. I just wear one so i can still hear customers etc. Great for phone calls too.  They have the grommets so actually stay in my ears unlike the ordinary ones which i had but lost. Have also lost an airpod pro in a custy’s pond. Cost me £100 for a replacement :( I don’t think I could clean windows without music/radio or similar.
Podcasts that sounds interesting  where do I get them and what app do they need - Android? Cheers

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 09:08:21 pm »
I use the bbc sounds app & spotify. I’m on ios but i guess they’re the same on android?

I only actually discovered podcasts recently. I always wondered what they were lol.

james peters

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 09:55:40 pm »
I listen to an app to learn .... dweud rhybeth yn gymraeg...
stop going on google transalate lol...

markymark

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 11:59:32 pm »
I use the Podbean podcast download from the Google play store. Tonnes and tonnes of good podcasts - currently on the History of Rome and History of Byzantium podcasts again. Always worth a third listen.
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 08:32:37 am »

I've downloaded spotify but I really dont like the beast mode playlists.....I really cant stand that type of so called music...mainly black guys rapping gibberish and annoying little drum loops.... ;D

I do like the fact that theres loads of free audio books and podcasts to listen to though.....

I have an apple music subscription....it costs me £99 a year and I can download as much music as I want throughout the year....

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 08:54:57 am »
I wear a garmin watch too and love the fact I can answer my phone on it and carry on working while I'm talking  rather than faffing about trying to get my phone out in time.....I dont know why I didnt buy bluetooth headphones earlier!👍😄

Complete_Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 12:47:02 pm »
I recently got wireless headphones too,I went for over-ear ones though which cancel out noise. They're great apart from I never hear if anyone is around me resulting in lots of making myself jump. :)

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 12:54:44 pm »

I've downloaded spotify but I really dont like the beast mode playlists.....I really cant stand that type of so called music...mainly black guys rapping gibberish and annoying little drum loops.... ;D

I do like the fact that theres loads of free audio books and podcasts to listen to though.....

I have an apple music subscription....it costs me £99 a year and I can download as much music as I want throughout the year....
Do white guys not do gibberish rap?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jonboywalton75

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 03:23:32 pm »

Me Moir, Vic Reeves autobiography
If u like comedy

60s/70s prog for music

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 03:49:34 pm »

Do white guys not do gibberish rap?

of course but its mainly black people with the nonsense rapping IMO! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 03:53:48 pm »
Download audible and get a book every month. I’m also hooked on true crime podcasts, there’s literally thousands and thousands of hours of free podcasts to download.

ive downloaded audible Danny but amazon want £8 a month off me subscription PLUS they charge for the books too...some of them are like £16 a pop...... ::)roll......i get a month free so i think ill cancel it after 4 weeks.....

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 04:10:06 pm »

The thing with Spotify is that it learns your taste in music after a while. So if you listen to your favourite artists, then these will slowly be added to other playlists . If you search workout , there’s a whole load of different workout music. I can’t get into podcasts, it takes my mind off the job.