Simon Trapani

Re: Late payments
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 09:09:51 pm »
What like a debt list? lol.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 07:43:52 am »
Some are over 2 months overdue. I was talking to one when I was there doing the windows and told them it was 2 months. As far as letting them pay when they want and some if you having 509_1000 debt, more fool you, customers can't go to the supermarket/petrol station/vehicle repair garage and pay when they like,so why should they be allowed go do it sits window cleaners?. A  plumber it any tradesman coming to work in your house will want paid on completion of the job.  Give them an inch zeds they will take a mile. I am a sole trader and that is too much to have outstanding.

Rolling debt is rolling debt, i dont know why you are afraid of it. You sound nervous that you are not going to get it.

I regularly have £1000 outstanding which may sound alarming but really its not. I dont let anyone go more than 1 clean without payment.

I just dont stress about it, im not constantly checking my account everyday to see if that payment had come in yet.

I sit down once a week on a sunday and mark off payments and send a text to anyone thats been cleaned more than 7 days ago. It sorts itself out because if by next clean they havent paid they are paused given a few more reminders then if still havent paid they are off the round, debt letter sent and replaced.

If you are that bothered use go cardless, personally i decided the go cardless fees were not worth paying.

Wow, are you a CLONE of me!????  ;D

STEVE-UK

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 09:56:33 am »
Is there a setting on Aworka that automatically chases up outstanding invoices?

does anyone use software that links to aworka?

Can cleaner planner chase up outstanding invoices automatically?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 11:24:05 am »
[when you go in Tesco to do shopping most pay by credit card they then owe the credit card card company when do you pay that off ?.... generally 28 days later 😂😂😂😂😂

sorry but that's really not the same thing at all

when you go to tesco they expect payment at the time you take the goods.

if you use a credit card you are in a credit arrangement with a separate company who will charge you for that service
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 10:36:20 pm »
Guys, sort your ‘there’ & ‘theirs’ out. It’s really annoying ;D
Really
Bigger things to get annoyed over

Yep. Writing 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

Eye wood of eggs pecked Ted groan adults mite of used a spell cheque bee four po sting.
It's a game of three halves!

RPCCS

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 10:51:43 pm »
Some are over 2 months overdue. I was talking to one when I was there doing the windows and told them it was 2 months. As far as letting them pay when they want and some if you having 509_1000 debt, more fool you, customers can't go to the supermarket/petrol station/vehicle repair garage and pay when they like,so why should they be allowed go do it sits window cleaners?. A  plumber it any tradesman coming to work in your house will want paid on completion of the job.  Give them an inch zeds they will take a mile. I am a sole trader and that is too much to have outstanding.

Rolling debt is rolling debt, i dont know why you are afraid of it. You sound nervous that you are not going to get it.

I regularly have £1000 outstanding which may sound alarming but really its not. I dont let anyone go more than 1 clean without payment.

I just dont stress about it, im not constantly checking my account everyday to see if that payment had come in yet.

I sit down once a week on a sunday and mark off payments and send a text to anyone thats been cleaned more than 7 days ago. It sorts itself out because if by next clean they havent paid they are paused given a few more reminders then if still havent paid they are off the round, debt letter sent and replaced.

If you are that bothered use go cardless, personally i decided the go cardless fees were not worth paying.

Wow, are you a CLONE of me!????  ;D
who,me or Stoots?
Cheers Rich

jonboywalton75

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2020, 12:51:34 am »
Stoots ;D

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 04:02:04 pm »
How do you all deal with late payers? Since I returned to work after the first lockdown restrictions eased in May,the majority of customers now pay me by bacs. Unfortunately this allows them to take the pi55  and just pay when they feel like it. These last two months up to the start of October have left me win £350+ of work unpaid. Needless to say it's time go get tough, so I want to add a note for all bacs payers saying payment due within7 days or an extra £1/2charge depending on amount owing will  be added on the next visit, but I want go be polite about it. Do any of you do this and how do you word it?

Build up an emergency fund of at least £4000-£5000 then you wont be bothered about a few hundred quid outstanding.....

Stipulate PLEASE PAY WITHIN 14 DAYS on your slips for domestic jobs....

Send a polite text reminder after this time....any shorter time frame just smacks of desperation IMO.....

REMEMBER as you get busier and acquire more better paying jobs your debt list will grow....mines usually between £500-£1500 at any one time...currently it's as low as its been for ages (just over £300)as I'm on holiday in greece in a 5 star hotel.....😁👍👌.....I'm having a full 2 weeks off so itll be even lower by the time I'm back to work!
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2020, 04:05:49 pm »
DO NOT add a late payment charge for your late payment jobs....you ll pee them off and you'll lose customers over time and put customer relations in jeopardy IMO.....
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2020, 04:27:27 pm »
How do you all deal with late payers? Since I returned to work after the first lockdown restrictions eased in May,the majority of customers now pay me by bacs. Unfortunately this allows them to take the pi55  and just pay when they feel like it. These last two months up to the start of October have left me win £350+ of work unpaid. Needless to say it's time go get tough, so I want to add a note for all bacs payers saying payment due within7 days or an extra £1/2charge depending on amount owing will  be added on the next visit, but I want go be polite about it. Do any of you do this and how do you word it?

Build up an emergency fund of at least £4000-£5000 then you wont be bothered about a few hundred quid outstanding.....

Stipulate PLEASE PAY WITHIN 14 DAYS on your slips for domestic jobs....

Send a polite text reminder after this time....any shorter time frame just smacks of desperation IMO.....

REMEMBER as you get busier and acquire more better paying jobs your debt list will grow....mines usually between £500-£1500 at any one time...currently it's as low as its been for ages (just over £300)as I'm on holiday in greece in a 5 star hotel.....😁👍👌.....I'm having a full 2 weeks off so itll be even lower by the time I'm back to work!

You’re wrong daz , I usually have a debt list of zero at the end of the month.

Bungle

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 05:02:13 pm »
Really?

It’s you’re by the way  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 06:20:30 pm »
I wondered where Dazmond had disappeared to. I should have known...

Shrek

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 06:29:00 pm »
Really?

What are you talking about  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2020, 07:26:11 pm »
Really?

What are you talking about  ;D

Wish I’d quoted you now 😛
We look at them, they look through them.