Stoots

Re: Leaflet conversion rates
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 08:08:05 am »
The key to Facebook is volume, don't mess about with a handful of enquiries, you need a response like this.

That's 41 enquires, from 1 post to 1 group  which took all of 5 mins to type out... There's are dozens of groups in my area, granted this is one of the biggest ones.

Of course you get messers, I don't take on every enquiry.

They send pics of their house and I give them a quote.

Yes you are right, half of them don't reply when you give them the price. So what I don't want those that won't pay my prices.

That leaves me with the ones that accept to go at.

If you get a phone call you are likely going to have to physically quote them or ask for pics or just guess, how is that less labour intensive that sat at home on your phone.

How much does 600k leaflets cost to be delivered?

You’re limiting yourself to people that use Facebook though. Leaflets will go to every house and business.

You are right but at what cost?  The fb target audience is far too big for a solo operator to handle.

Of course if you are a multi van operation then you will want multiple advertising streams.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 09:23:17 am »
600k with royal mail will cost about £42,000?
Hes expecting about 1000 customers so maybe at 20 quid average that's £20k worth of work might break even in 6 months ?
It's a serious amount of leafleting cost and the numbers look good but it's making it work

Oh and theres There's a lot of messers generally everywhere fb and online prob the most tho.
As they're shopping about for cheapest quotes

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:51 am »
Ok

1000 customers from fb paid ads would probably cost him 5k tops.

Each to their own of course I know where I would put my money but then I have a limited budget and need to watch it, someome like Lee Pryor has it to burn so I can understand why he would spend multiple thousands it's tax deductable anyway.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2020, 09:39:02 am »
Ok

1000 customers from fb paid ads would probably cost him 5k tops.

Each to their own of course I know where I would put my money but then I have a limited budget and need to watch it, someome like Lee Pryor has it to burn so I can understand why he would spend multiple thousands it's tax deductable anyway.

profit is profit whichever way you look at it.
Even if Lee Pryor has money to burn or not he would always choose £5,000 over £50,000.
And so would any multi millionaire or person on a budget the fact people are choosing to spend upwards Close to £100k a year on leafleting prob says facebook ain't as good.
I dont know about fb haven't actually tried it though so dont know. I know leaflets work but they can also bite you back if you aren't careful or unlucky.

Mike Burd

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2020, 10:25:35 am »
The key to Facebook is volume, don't mess about with a handful of enquiries, you need a response like this.

That's 41 enquires, from 1 post to 1 group  which took all of 5 mins to type out... There's are dozens of groups in my area, granted this is one of the biggest ones.

Yes you are right, half of them don't reply when you give them the price. So what I don't want those that won't pay my prices.

If you get a phone call you are likely going to have to physically quote them or ask for pics or just guess, how is that less labour intensive that sat at home on your phone.

£59 per thousand.

Imagine the overhead of managing Facebook pages over 2,500 square miles. It’s not a practical proposition. What you’re doing works fine in a small area but not on a larger scale without a couple of people dealing with it full time and out of hours.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2020, 11:11:25 am »
Birdy on that sort of amount of leaflets it surely will stretch you too tho? How do you cope and also you will get your fair share of messers see you tomorrow cancelling last minute.
That's why I would prefer to to do the leaflets in small stages it's not the work it's the enquiries and the amount of potential messed around that puts me off any suggestions?

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2020, 12:10:21 pm »

£59 per thousand.

Imagine the overhead of managing Facebook pages over 2,500 square miles. It’s not a practical proposition. What you’re doing works fine in a small area but not on a larger scale without a couple of people dealing with it full time and out of hours.

Depends how you run the adds

You can do a lead generation add with a form for them to fill their details. You just download it and call them.

Or you can direct them to your website and get them to fill in forms or instant quotes.

Loads you can do

But I get your point, leaflets you only have to answer the phone.

Mike Burd

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 12:32:43 pm »
Birdy on that sort of amount of leaflets it surely will stretch you too tho? How do you cope and also you will get your fair share of messers see you tomorrow cancelling last minute.
That's why I would prefer to to do the leaflets in small stages it's not the work it's the enquiries and the amount of potential messed around that puts me off any suggestions?
There’s always messers. I charge 1/2 again first clean so that stops some and drop any that cause any issue at all at first clean stage.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2020, 01:35:53 pm »

hey gomo, could you get in touch with me so i can have 10 min picking your brain about facebook. it sounds like you're obviously doing something right, and i'd love to hear some of your ideas and findings. it you have the time drop me an email on rleechest96@gmail.com, cheers

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 01:52:53 pm »
There’s always messers. I charge 1/2 again first clean so that stops some and drop any that cause any issue at all at first clean stage.
Yeah it ain't that I charge double which filters out too.
It's more the amount of enquiries and they all come at crazy time emails text messages at midnight even phone calls at 10 p.m. and that's only on a small scale that I did a few thousand.
How do you cope with the enquiries

Mike Burd

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 02:17:03 pm »
Yeah it ain't that I charge double which filters out too.
It's more the amount of enquiries and they all come at crazy time emails text messages at midnight even phone calls at 10 p.m. and that's only on a small scale that I did a few thousand.
How do you cope with the enquiries
It's fine. I cope. Phone's off out of hours so no problem there. If you're cleaning windows too you'll struggle. But other than wind the gammons up on this forum, it's all I'm doing at the moment.   ;D

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 05:35:35 pm »

hey gomo, could you get in touch with me so i can have 10 min picking your brain about facebook. it sounds like you're obviously doing something right, and i'd love to hear some of your ideas and findings. it you have the time drop me an email on rleechest96@gmail.com, cheers

R

Ive sent you an email

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 06:34:27 pm »

R

Ive sent you an email

i've not had one? did you send it thru the website or on the personal email? rleechest96@gmail.com

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 07:16:04 pm »

R

Ive sent you an email

i've not had one? did you send it thru the website or on the personal email? rleechest96@gmail.com

Sorry it hadnt sent, should have now though...