Tom-01

Leaflet conversion rates
« on: June 09, 2020, 02:31:19 pm »
Hi everyone

For those of you who leaflet, what is your average conversion rate would you say?

Thanks
Tom

Mike Burd

Re: Leaflet conversion rates
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 03:05:44 pm »
About 1.5 per thousand.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 03:43:43 pm »
I've just had 1 per thousand inquiries only 2k out so far that's with a shared drop only doing 20k a month. I think solo you could get 2 per thousand but the cost to drop has to be taken into account.

Also even if  you solo drop or with Royal Mail what's the guarantee someone doesn't come up behind you with three or four leaflets?

I think it's essential to pay the right price for leaflet distribution they work but mustn't get too excited staying in profit is the key.

deeege

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 05:58:32 pm »
Tiny sample size but I put 2000 out in early March and have had 12 enquiries from them. If only that was sustainable.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 06:10:32 pm »
A few years ago I used to get 4 per thousand.
Now I would imagine 3 per thousand.
The trick is to minimise wastage.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Mike Burd

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 06:30:35 pm »
Tiny sample size but I put 2000 out in early March and have had 12 enquiries from them. If only that was sustainable.
Yeah, that's going some. I'm three weeks in this year. First week 12,000 leaflets, second week 27,000 delivered. I've ignored this week (32,000) as it's too early after just two days, but from weeks 1 & 2 so far 59 converted into regular 4 or 8 weekly.

deeege

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 07:15:40 pm »
Who have you got delivering them? Still Royal Mail?

I can’t bring myself to start getting them out just yet.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike Burd

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 07:42:47 pm »
Who have you got delivering them? Still Royal Mail?

I can’t bring myself to start getting them out just yet.
Yes. I toyed with another supplier but they are only just starting again after the lockdown and couldn't give a proper commitment on dates.

Last year was disappointing with Royal Mail. I think April was too early to start. I'd be interested in Lee Pryor's experience of starting in April. Mine was disastrous last year.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 09:17:21 pm »
Why are you lot still posting leaflets lol.

The R. O. I is shocking.

33 new customers picked up last week for me.

For FREE all from making half a dozen posts on Facebook groups.

On top of that I ran a Facebook ad spent £37 for 11 leads.

You must be nuts to be spunking upwards of £30 a thousand leaflets than produces 1 or 2 customers.

deeege

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 09:27:02 pm »

The R. O. I is shocking.

You must be nuts to be spunking upwards of £30 a thousand leaflets than produces 1 or 2 customers.

The thought of dealing with 33 new Facebook customers in one week fills me with dread tbh.

9 out of 10 customers that contact me through FB turns out to be a pain in the arse, without fail. I steer well clear.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 09:39:06 pm »

The R. O. I is shocking.

The thought of dealing with 33 new Facebook customers in one week fills me with dread tbh.

9 out of 10 customers that contact me through FB turns out to be a pain in the arse, without fail. I steer well clear.

That's a preconception that just isn't true.

A messer can pick up a leaflet just the same as they can reply to a Facebook add.

In fact fb you have an advantage. You can see what they look like!

Half of my round is from fb. I wish I had found it earlier as the other half was built by spending about 10k on canvassers, which by far produces the most messers. Ive put out maybe 20k of leaflets in the past and the return was poorer than poor. All day posting them for 1 phone call at best. I remember having my first 5k put out and sat back waiting for the phone to ring. I think it rang twice.

deeege

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 10:10:12 pm »

The R. O. I is shocking.

A messer can pick up a leaflet just the same as they can reply to a Facebook add.

Half of my round is from fb. I wish I had found it earlier as the other half was built by spending about 10k on canvassers, which by far produces the most messers. Ive put out maybe 20k of leaflets in the past and the return was poorer than poor. All day posting them for 1 phone call at best. I remember having my first 5k put out and sat back waiting for the phone to ring. I think it rang twice.

It’s not a preconception, it’s from personal experience.

No idea what your strategy is, ie where you are posting your adds etc but over the last 7-8 years I’ve consistently only ever attracted messers and cheap skates from FB. 

The quality of customer gained from FB compared to a customer contacting me via a leaflet is night and day, again that’s from experience.

You’re obviously doing something right to be getting good solid customers from FB, either that or you have a much higher pain threshold than most when dealing with trashy customers. 😂

Mike Burd

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 05:56:01 am »

The R. O. I is shocking.

I’ve used Facebook advertising. In general I get lots of enquires from people that when they get the price stop replying.

I’m not interested in posts on local selling pages. I’ve seen them and the responses are usually from people wanting a one off. The admin must be large too. I’m intending delivering 600,000 over the next two months so about 900 - 1000 new customers. That’s got to be a lot of messaging and messing about. Much of which out of hours.

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 06:13:40 am »
I ran a campaign on Facebook about 2 weeks ago . I had 3 people contact me ,
•wanted a sfg clean , priced it at £120. She accepted, then 2 days later cancelled.
•wanted a window cleaner as hers wasn’t reliable, gave her the price, she accepted and then later that night cancelled.
• wanted a window cleaner , didn’t reply when I gave the price .

Fookin wasted my time.

😆😆😆

deeege

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 06:14:10 am »
What kind of area do you cover, to be able to get 600,000 leaflets out?

Mike Burd

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 06:59:51 am »
What kind of area do you cover, to be able to get 600,000 leaflets out?
Swindon to Reading east to west, South Oxford to Basingstoke North to south.

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 07:05:09 am »
The key to Facebook is volume, don't mess about with a handful of enquiries, you need a response like this.

That's 41 enquires, from 1 post to 1 group  which took all of 5 mins to type out... There's are dozens of groups in my area, granted this is one of the biggest ones.

Of course you get messers, I don't take on every enquiry.

They send pics of their house and I give them a quote.

Yes you are right, half of them don't reply when you give them the price. So what I don't want those that won't pay my prices.

That leaves me with the ones that accept to go at.

If you get a phone call you are likely going to have to physically quote them or ask for pics or just guess, how is that less labour intensive that sat at home on your phone.

How much does 600k leaflets cost to be delivered?

deeege

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 07:30:33 am »
The key to Facebook is volume, don't mess about with a handful of enquiries, you need a response like this.

That's 41 enquires, from 1 post to 1 group  which took all of 5 mins to type out... There's are dozens of groups in my area, granted this is one of the biggest ones.

Yes you are right, half of them don't reply when you give them the price. So what I don't want those that won't pay my prices.

If you get a phone call you are likely going to have to physically quote them or ask for pics or just guess, how is that less labour intensive that sat at home on your phone.

Good luck to you Adam, it obviously works well for you.

Me going to quote jobs that enquire from my leaflets isn’t a problem, because I only leaflet the areas where I’m working anyway. I only want work over a smallish area, not all over town.

What kind of drop off rate are you experiencing from FB customers? I imagine it’s quite high?

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:39 am »
Drop off rate I've found to be no worse or better than any other form of advertising.

I had a lot of work canvassed in the past as this was by far the worst for messers and cancels.

With fb I get a lot of enquiries but I pick and choose which to take on. Firstly the quote gets rid of half of them then I won't take on any that have no back access, need to be in, looks like a hell hole etc. Like I said, you can actually see their profile on facebook and you get quite good at judging people lol.

For example out of all the jobs I agreed to do last week I've only had 1 that changes their mind before the 1st clean.

I did 8 new ones yesterday and 8 on Monday. All but 3 have paid.

If course you get drop offs on the second, third cleans etc but it's not a massive percentage and is just par for the course. I get that many enquiries when I advertise I don't really think about it. They cancel I replace them and on we go. Throw enough mud at the wall at see what sticks.

I mean out of that 30 customers that again were picked up for free, if 10 of them go on the be great long term customers that I have for years, surely that's a great return.

Ooooooog

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 07:54:07 am »

You’re limiting yourself to people that use Facebook though. Leaflets will go to every house and business.