james peters

first attempt at softwashing render
« on: May 15, 2020, 05:57:00 pm »

so I did this to my garage wall today, was my first attempt.
I have noticed the hypo continues to work after the clean for a few hours .
how much do you guys pay for your hypo?

Slacky

Re: first attempt at softwashing render
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 06:02:51 pm »
£11.00 for 20 litres. 11%.

Hype will work for 20 minutes, no longer. After that time it starts to break down and no longer has its bleaching abilities.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:07:59 pm »
£23 for 14/15% 20l barrel. I cost it into the job.

That’s very cheap slacky. Though it is 11%.

Looks like you did a good job, that’s come up well!

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 06:11:40 pm »
Mole Valley Farmers.

It's sold as a product called Red Label. It's used as disinfectant in dairies.

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/store/products/deosan-red-label-hypochlorite

simon w

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 06:12:02 pm »
Twenty notes plus vat for 25L @ 15%

james peters

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 06:29:50 pm »
so I may offer this to existing customers …
I have noticed with some detached new builds , they are close together, like 3/4 ft apart..... surely this is impossible to clean unless you had a space mans outfit?   I am guessing that it would be a NO NO ?

swanson

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 06:34:40 pm »
If your getting into that kind of work do it probably
Full PPE mask ,overalls ,and a lot of plastic sheeting to protect plants .

james peters

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 06:47:37 pm »

so this is my house , only the front is render …. how much would you guys charge ? how long should it take ? will I need to cover the door ?

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 07:15:17 pm »
£250 - £300

I have a house quoted at £850, doing front and half the side for £350.
Its worth getting.  Ive tried finding another window cleaner in my area so i can pass the job on as my circumstances have changed.  Yet ive asked several and asked if they know anyone. Apparantly im the only one they know that does so.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

james peters

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 07:24:25 pm »
£250 - £300

Its worth getting.  Ive tried finding another window cleaner in my area so i can pass the job on as my circumstances have changed.  Yet ive asked several and asked if they know anyone. Apparantly im the only one they know that does so.
wow.... is that £250 for just the front ? I am assuming its about a morning to do the front ?

reflection

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 08:08:24 pm »
Yous don’t just use hypo do you.
Do you not use a byocide.

And what ratio are you mixing the hypo to water

NWH

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 08:09:39 pm »
A morning what spraying it on and then washing it off,I’ve seen a few videos on this with really good results looks a much better way of cleaning things outside much easier on the body and way quicker.

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »
Yous don’t just use hypo do you.
Do you not use a byocide.

And what ratio are you mixing the hypo to water

Biocide is a different chemical altogether. It is applied for different reasons than just cleaning and achieving a rapid result, which is what Hypo will give you.

Mixing ratio depends on what you're trying to clean and the strength of the hypo you're using.

Ste b

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 08:23:14 pm »
£250 - £300

I was speaking to a friend of a friend a couple of days ago and he was paying 1500 to get his house painted, soft wash would of done the job for alot lest...
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

zesty

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 08:29:05 pm »
I did a softwash job this morning in Chelmsford.

Side and rear cladded house (2 bed, so not big at all) I quoted it at £350 from photos. When I got there, it was actually only an hours work so I dropped it to £250.

Mainly as the guy was in and it was far too embarrassing to ask for £350 notes for an hours work. (Some would be more hard nosed than me, but I had another £50 of window cleaning to do after anyway).

Softwashing is extremely lucrative. I absolutely love it.

You don’t need to cover the doors, you don’t need to wear full PPE, but you most definitely want to be wearing chemical gloves and sunglasses/goggles.

Just make sure you don’t mind getting your clothes bleached, as some of it inevitably finds its way onto your clothes. Avoid bare skin, but at 2-3% it’s not going to harm you at all. I’ve had it in my eyes and all it did was sting. People worry way too much. Neat hypo - that’s a different matter. Very dangerous.

I’ve never put sheets down, but it’s worth  drenching the grass and shrubs with water before starting.

Always move pots etc away from the walls being cleaned.

I tend to tell the customer that it will smell like a swimming pool for a while, just so they don’t wonder what’s going on!

Enjoy it, it’s a rewarding job, with a very attractive earning potential.

Today’s job for me used just 10 litres of Hypo. Barely any expenses at all. Money paid in one lump sum there and then. Perfect 👌

Ste b

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 08:35:55 pm »
I done our patio a couple of weeks ago, wayyyyyy to much like hard work, maybe different on render ??
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

james peters

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 08:51:42 pm »
I did a softwash job this morning in Chelmsford.

Side and rear cladded house (2 bed, so not big at all) I quoted it at £350 from photos. When I got there, it was actually only an hours work so I dropped it to £250.

Mainly as the guy was in and it was far too embarrassing to ask for £350 notes for an hours work. (Some would be more hard nosed than me, but I had another £50 of window cleaning to do after anyway).

Softwashing is extremely lucrative. I absolutely love it.

You don’t need to cover the doors, you don’t need to wear full PPE, but you most definitely want to be wearing chemical gloves and sunglasses/goggles.

Just make sure you don’t mind getting your clothes bleached, as some of it inevitably finds its way onto your clothes. Avoid bare skin, but at 2-3% it’s not going to harm you at all. I’ve had it in my eyes and all it did was sting. People worry way too much. Neat hypo - that’s a different matter. Very dangerous.

I’ve never put sheets down, but it’s worth  drenching the grass and shrubs with water before starting.

Always move pots etc away from the walls being cleaned.

I tend to tell the customer that it will smell like a swimming pool for a while, just so they don’t wonder what’s going on!

Enjoy it, it’s a rewarding job, with a very attractive earning potential.

Today’s job for me used just 10 litres of Hypo. Barely any expenses at all. Money paid in one lump sum there and then. Perfect 👌

I am thinking I may have a dabble . I just lack confidence .    tho I was the first in my town to go water fed pole back in 20005.
thank you for the advice zesty…. much appreciated .

zesty

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 09:00:34 pm »
Give it a go mate, even if you find some family or friends houses to practice on...

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 09:12:04 pm »

Don't you use a mask or scent?

james peters

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 09:29:38 pm »

Don't you use a mask or scent?
is there a scent to hide it ? I had a headache slightly