The Jester of Wibbly

COVID Tracking App
« on: May 05, 2020, 07:11:41 pm »
Imagine if we come down with a virus of some sort.  Would the app then contact all our customers even though we were the other side of thier windows.     I am sure the Bluetooth will pick up close proximity still for 15 mins.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

capn sparkle

Re: COVID Tracking App
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 07:25:25 pm »
I thought about that - what happens if custies are self isolating with Covid 19 and you're in the garden??

deeege

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 07:30:29 pm »
The app will be terrible in certain situations, dangerous in fact.

A close family member of mine works in a care home,  60 members of staff and a similar number of residents. If one of the carers or nurses tests positive, they will have been in contact with all other members of staff. Every single member of staff will now have to isolate for 2 weeks.

What happens with the residents now?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 07:36:53 pm »
dont download it then...problem solved.....
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 07:38:06 pm »
I would feel really bad if i force all my customers and their neighbours into full issolation for 2 weeks
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

simon w

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:45:18 pm »
Just turn your Bluetooth off

zesty

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 08:42:19 pm »

Exactly, I won’t be downloading. No way.

Fed up of all the information we give government and authorities.

Same reason I’ve now got rid of my Alexa devices. Started to realise how weird it was that I was ok with a device being in my house that is constantly listening and recording.

I don’t trust big cooperations with my privacy!

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 08:51:16 pm »
Was there another person sat at the other end of your Alexa listening to you knocking one out?

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »
If the answer is yes, Im getting one.

zesty

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 10:11:23 pm »
No slacky, but amazon do take recordings for ‘development of their product’ and were caught laughing and mocking people.

When you think about, it’s insane that we let a recording device into our homes.

If you wanna trust them, go ahead, I’m just not trusting of massive cooperations with my data, recordings and privacy.

Obviously some things, we can’t be without. But the ones we can, I don’t want. Alexa is one of them.

In April 2019, Time published a story titled “Thousands of Amazon Workers Listen to Alexa Users’ Conversations.” Amazon admitted to this Alexa voice-review process, claiming it was part of improving the customer experience. But obviously, random Amazon workers listening in on your calls could pose a concern if you’re conducting confidential business. And that’s just one of the security risks you have to worry about.

I don’t trust them.

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 10:22:55 pm »
The app will be terrible in certain situations, dangerous in fact.

A close family member of mine works in a care home,  60 members of staff and a similar number of residents. If one of the carers or nurses tests positive, they will have been in contact with all other members of staff. Every single member of staff will now have to isolate for 2 weeks.

What happens with the residents now?

There is a growing number of "concerned" carers who have decided to reside at their Care Home (place of employment) in order to safeguard those they care for and their own families. Irrespective of the personal sacrifice they are making as regards their own families, hats off to them i say.  What sort of "carer" wouldn't envisage such course of action do you think ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 10:24:14 pm »
I've an even better tip. Switch off your internet, don't watch the News on TV, and don't look at a newspaper and voila !!! Cov19 is gone.....................

CleanClear

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 10:29:20 pm »
No slacky, but amazon do take recordings for ‘development of their product’ and were caught laughing and mocking people.

When you think about, it’s insane that we let a recording device into our homes.

If you wanna trust them, go ahead, I’m just not trusting of massive cooperations with my data, recordings and privacy.

Obviously some things, we can’t be without. But the ones we can, I don’t want. Alexa is one of them.

In April 2019, Time published a story titled “Thousands of Amazon Workers Listen to Alexa Users’ Conversations.” Amazon admitted to this Alexa voice-review process, claiming it was part of improving the customer experience. But obviously, random Amazon workers listening in on your calls could pose a concern if you’re conducting confidential business. And that’s just one of the security risks you have to worry about.

I don’t trust them.

Your biggest invasion of privacy is your motor insurance. Check out what you allowed them to do before you make yourself look like a fool .

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 12:12:13 am »
I would feel really bad if i force all my customers and their neighbours into full issolation for 2 weeks
You wouldn't have been in contact with them though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 12:53:29 am »
So those listening in were caught by someone else listening in?
I wonder if the someone else listening in is getting listened in on...…...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

zesty

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 08:05:20 am »

I don’t trust them.

Your biggest invasion of privacy is your motor insurance. Check out what you allowed them to do before you make yourself look like a fool .

Your the one that looks like fool, as I clearly stated ‘some things we can’t be without’ . I.e phones, insurance blah blah. But what I can control, I will.

If that bothers you, your life needs more excitement.

You dipstick  ;D

zesty

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 08:08:15 am »

Here’s the point, I don’t need an Alexa, (we’ve had two) and don’t like the thought of a recording device in our home. It’s odd that it’s now so normalised people don’t even question it.

Most people barely trust their neighbours, let alone massive cooperations with access to there conversations and home.

Read the articles on it if you’re confused Griffin.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 08:38:31 am »
I've an even better tip. Switch off your internet, don't watch the News on TV, and don't look at a newspaper and voila !!! Cov19 is gone.....................

Maybe take some of your own advice......it might make you happier.....👍😀
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 09:09:01 am »

Here’s the point, I don’t need an Alexa, (we’ve had two) and don’t like the thought of a recording device in our home. It’s odd that it’s now so normalised people don’t even question it.

Most people barely trust their neighbours, let alone massive cooperations with access to there conversations and home.

Read the articles on it if you’re confused Griffin.
I'm not confused by an Alexa or by the fact that you don't want a recording device in your house. Maybe it's apathy.
I'm confused by where the listening in stops. It's got to stop somewhere, hasn't it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 09:12:01 am »
So if I have an Alexa and sit there and say 'I'm going to shoot Donald Trump' can I expect a visit?

I don't think so.