brett walker

Re: Three Strikes and your out.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 08:11:12 pm »
Had a lady tell me to leave her windows once as she said it was going to rain so i started next door thats when i noticed her putting her washing out.... excuses, pathetic >:(

Brett

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:59 pm »
I was once just starting a house and got to the top of my ladder and out popped a head from the window I was about to clean and she asked me to leave it that month.

I asked her why and she said her windows didn't look that dirty.

This lady obviously had no consideration what-so-ever and was dropped immediately.

From then on, I have no time for people who say, 'Not this month'.

I have my terms and conditions printed out on my 'Your window cleaner has been' chit and I haven't had a 'not this month, mate' in ages; apart from one new (ex) customer... but that's another bit of drivel-story from me.

JM123

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 09:50:45 pm »
I had one house at £60 plus £35 for a conservatory roof - total of 2hrs work, brilliant? Not really, they were so ignorant, twice they cancelled the cheque! Things came to a head when they rang me, complaining the windows were a mess, I drove out (20min drive) - there was 1, I repeat, 1 spot on the whole house - this place is HUGE, it should have been closer to £90 for the house plus £50 for the roof.  Not pleased, especially when she proceeded to say "its no wonder you're only a window cleaner"! 

My reply? 

"Its no wonder you're only a housewife"!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Think that done the trick.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 10:00:39 pm »
I drove out (20min drive) - there was 1, I repeat, 1 spot on the whole house - this place is HUGE, it should have been closer to £90 for the house plus £50 for the roof.  Not pleased, especially when she proceeded to say "its no wonder you're only a window cleaner"! 

My reply? 

JM,

Crickey!!

She's lucky that we weren't her window cleaner.

I'd have sent the 'Rockwieler' in (Wor Lass) to give her a good and proper 'chewing'.

JM123

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 10:10:30 pm »
theres no point in losing it with people - word gets around you know, bad news travels fast - then again, women are experts in their field (never fight with a woman - think we all know who'll come off worst!!)

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 10:27:56 pm »
I had one house at £60 plus £35 for a conservatory roof - total of 2hrs work, brilliant? Not really, they were so ignorant, twice they cancelled the cheque! Things came to a head when they rang me, complaining the windows were a mess, I drove out (20min drive) - there was 1, I repeat, 1 spot on the whole house - this place is HUGE, it should have been closer to £90 for the house plus £50 for the roof.  Not pleased, especially when she proceeded to say "its no wonder you're only a window cleaner"! 

My reply? 

Thats how they stay rich, and were probably trying to pull a fast one,
did you get your money in the end?
If so i would bin them if they kept cancelling a cheque, it seem's to me they will keep doing this to you, and causing you no end of agro

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »
It costs you to cancel a cheque. 

I've had to cancel cheques before, not personal ones; cheques I'd written from when I had a 'proper job'.

The bank we used, Lloyds charged the business account £10 each time to cancel a cheque, although they'd do it for free if you informed them the cheque had been lost in the post.

I think JM's customers must be 'daft'; but not in a 'nice' way.

I'm sure many of us have 'eccentric' customers; but this sort of mad behaviour I could do without.

JM123

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 10:40:34 pm »
oh I got my money in the end, took a bit of nagging but I got it.  They were def trying to pull a fast one, I had to remind them that a)I know where you live
and b)I'm really persistant.

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 11:11:37 pm »
Well done JM

I hope you dumped them? ;D ;D

JM123

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 07:36:38 pm »
dumped them??  Does a bear shaz in the woods???

Ballymena N.I

paul mather

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 06:10:55 pm »
I have a one strike and your out policy. I am good at what I do, I know its not rocket science but if it was so easy then they would do the blummin job themselves. So come on guys lets have a bit of self respect and not allow some moody old mare to talk to us like something she found on the bottom of their shoe. I aint avin it. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

JohnL

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 11:41:18 pm »
Tosh, have you posted a copy your 'terms and conditions 'anywhere? If not would you email me a copy - thats if its not confidential of course   :)

many thanks

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Londoner

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 08:49:00 am »
Its often not what they do its just a general build up of things. you just get that dread uf going there and you know they are bad news.

Often they are new customers that you have recently picked up and you wonder how many other WCs have been through the same experience with them.

These are the ones you miss out when you are trying to catch up. Then with any luck they will drop you and the decision is made for you.