jeff1

Three Strikes and your out.
« on: June 21, 2006, 08:41:19 pm »
Does anyone else use a system, for weeding out the Bad apples of customers?

I use a three strikes and your out policy, you generally get the feeling, that one of your customers is going to be a pain in the A***, if they start to moan, its usually 'O' your late I was expecting you two day's ago, I just tell them that I am governed by the weather,and I always tell my new customers I could be late if we have bad weather.

I had one customer who moaned every time I went there, I was just waching the tennis and you have desturbed me,
I was having a sleep and you woke me, you didn't shut the gate, she moaned about everthing except her windows, so that told me I must be doing a reasonable Job other wise she would moan about that.

About three years ago, I was in her area and not in the best of moods, so I decided to dump her, I missed her and went to the house next door, she was Just going out and seen me, and guess what she moaned at me because she was going out, so being in a mood I told her not to worry because I'm not doing hers anymore, I thought she was going to have a heart attack when I told her the reasons why I was dumping her. she took me by the hand, and could not opologise enough, and told me she never realised she was doing it, she kept saying sorry, and asked if we could start again, I excepted, she gave me an extra £5 that day, and in three years has not moaned once. 

feeling good with myself I decided to take on the three strikes and your out policy, moan once for no good reason, and you get a strike, and this will go on for the full three strikes, once you reach the full three strikes your off my books, I don't need moaners, I'm very happy being a wc and I love my Job, and I don't need the A*** hole who want's to spoil my day.

Let me know what you guy's do to the moaners you have or have had?

Paul Coleman

Re: Three Strikes and your out.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 08:49:43 pm »
Does anyone else use a system, for weeding out the Bad apples of customers?

I use a three strikes and your out policy, you generally get the feeling, that one of your customers is going to be a pain in the A***, if they start to moan, its usually 'O' your late I was expecting you two day's ago, I just tell them that I am governed by the weather,and I always tell my new customers I could be late if we have bad weather.

I had one customer who moaned every time I went there, I was just waching the tennis and you have desturbed me,
I was having a sleep and you woke me, you didn't shut the gate, she moaned about everthing except her windows, so that told me I must be doing a reasonable Job other wise she would moan about that.

About three years ago, I was in her area and not in the best of moods, so I decided to dump her, I missed her and went to the house next door, she was Just going out and seen me, and guess what she moaned at me because she was going out, so being in a mood I told her not to worry because I'm not doing hers anymore, I thought she was going to have a heart attack when I told her the reasons why I was dumping her. she took me by the hand, and could not opologise enough, and told me she never realised she was doing it, she kept saying sorry, and asked if we could start again, I excepted, she gave me an extra £5 that day, and in three years has not moaned once. 

feeling good with myself I decided to take on the three strikes and your out policy, moan once for no good reason, and you get a strike, and this will go on for the full three strikes, once you reach the full three strikes your off my books, I don't need moaners, I'm very happy being a wc and I love my Job, and I don't need the A*** hole who want's to spoil my day.

Let me know what you guy's do to the moaners you have or have had?

Excessive moaning from a customer can get to me sometimes.  I don't have a three strikes policy but if I find myself feeling bad about going to a particular job and this happens a few trimes, I know that I should be ditching it.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:47 pm »
Shiner
You are dead right, I have never thought of it before, If you have a constant moaner, you always dread going there, but thinking about it, I always leave them until the last minute.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:58 pm »
i use the same policy for those who say "not today thank you"

only instead of 3 strikes they only get 2

say no twice and they don't see me again, it's the only way to weed out the cr*p ones
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 09:14:53 pm »
I'm the same as Jay 2 strikes and out does'nt matter what they have done if they wind me up they get 1 strike just like football really, maybe we should have yellow and red cards  ;D  I did have one get 2 strikes in one conversation last november and she still has dirty windows, dropped another about 3 months ago and boy have the seagulls had a field day on her windows cant wait to see her dad clean that lot off, I'm just waiting for her to say can you do mine this month, I've learnt quickly there is plenty of work out there and no need to put up with  not this time, my dad did them, or can you just do them in the summer, customers       
Sussex by the sea

baldeagle

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 09:23:45 pm »
None of my customers moan.

Mind you, they've all got a window cleaner's who's a moaner!

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 09:27:24 pm »
good shout the grafters i tell my staff to tell them that if they dont want done today  they have to phone the gaffer on his mobile a.becase they are tight they wont phone a mobile.and becase the full run is down on computer  that the boss will kick there ass for not handing in the right money at the end of the day and they have a living to make if they still dont want done and have the neck to phone me i say that i will have to take them off the computer and it works monthly  and then they will need to get put on the tail end of my waiting list  which is at a six month back log ;D
before they can get done again tight gets  plus it lets them see that you are a company ...and not just the fAg and beer money brigade plus i get a laugh at the extent some punters will go to to save a few quid lol nearly ten out off ten not today thank you change there minds in a flash  god bless the tight people of the world thats what i say my staff say your not right you sicko hey but you get a great laugh at them try it lol  yours  davis jnr
having a giggle even thinking about my nxt one  ;D ;D ;D

macc

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:47:29 pm »
Hi Jeff. Couldnt agree more. Ive got the mrs at home for grief & moaning.  ;D

macc

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 10:54:06 pm »
I'm a bit of a softy really when it comes to the odd moan.
I note what's said and if it's too much, i tell myself i'm gonna drop them next month and generally forget about it during that time.
I've found the best way at the moment of weeding out moaners is to go 100% wfp and increase prices.
Since wfp I also now view every little moan as a potentially lost customer and view each months clean as a bonus.

mark

brett walker

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 11:02:54 pm »
Three strikes and your out sounds a good system, when customer have messed me about before and i have dropped them they ask you to take them back, you will find they have learned their lesson and become model customers.

What really p****s me off  " can you leave it this time ?" >:(

Brett

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 11:11:44 pm »
I don't wait for the 3 strikes and your out they moan once and there gone and just don't want that when i go round to clean someones windows.
If i made a mistake though i would be happy they moaned about it so i could put it right.

As for the not this month brigade i don't have any problem with that i had a few when i first started and theyt went.
i tell everyone from the start the terms and if they don't like it i would rather not do them.

The way i run my business is working out great for me as i know when i go to work everyone is normally happy to see me but a lot do like to have a bit of a chat still trying to work out how i can cut down the chatting time.
I am virtually guaranteed at least 2 cups of tea/coffee with day.
But the only problem then is i always have to nip of to the loo.

I am a bit harsh with moaners but it has given me a more enjoyable business.

Paul

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 11:18:29 pm »
What really p****s me off  " can you leave it this time ?"

Brett when you take new customers on tell them that you are only taking customers on who want it every month as you have just got rid of a load of customers as they would say not this month.

It works and you will stop that problem as the customer knows you won't be mucked about.

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 11:19:30 pm »

The way i run my business is working out great for me as i know when i go to work everyone is normally happy to see me but a lot do like to have a bit of a chat still trying to work out how i can cut down the chatting time.
I am virtually guaranteed at least 2 cups of tea/coffee with day.
But the only problem then is i always have to nip of to the loo.

I am a bit harsh with moaners but it has given me a more enjoyable business.

Paul
Ask them for a cold drink in the summer - it's quicker to prepare and as for the loo - well, you're a bloke and the world's your toilet! Use the customer's drain when they're not looking and wash the evidence away with a splash from the old pole. ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:19 am »
This thing about "not this time".  I think it's important to be a bit reasonable about this.  Sometimes there are very good reasons why a job needs leaving - e.g. window frames being painted.

Malcal

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 12:43:28 am »
Hi All
Last time I clean one house the lady came out when I knocked and said "the last time my hubby said you didn't do all the windows" (I did clean every one). I had knocked on the door when I arrived to get the locked gate opened but got no reply, knocked again after clean again no reply. I told this to the lady. Today the gent phones up to cancel " I want to cancel" he says, I crossed you off the book when you lied to me I replied, which I had. I don't need the grief. Theres more windows than window cleaners.
Regards Mal

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 07:00:07 am »
This thing about "not this time".  I think it's important to be a bit reasonable about this.  Sometimes there are very good reasons why a job needs leaving - e.g. window frames being painted.

Very true shiner, you get to know if the customer is trying to pull a fast one or not.
I do my own doctor's house, and he was having a new patio built, first time in nine years he asked me to leave it this time.

marc al

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 06:51:46 pm »
  I had 3 in one day this week that I had to leave for various reasons - building work and painting etc, I have no problem with this as they are all good regular customers and I got home an hour earlier.
  I generally do not have a problem with people asking me to leave it this time, all are usually happy to see me.

Marc

master cleaner

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 07:18:41 pm »
ive had a customer today say dont do them this time as the are still clean , i told him that i had taken time to come to his house instead of someone elses and that i wouldnt do it again

dumped

gary

scrimit2

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 07:21:45 pm »
the mood im in this week, if they as much as frown, they can clean them themselves >:(

after struggling with an injured ankle for three weeks and now being four weeks behind, yes they have the right moan, but I injured my ankle not committed a crime, its like the weather why should I apologies for the weather its not my fault! >:(

unsually grumpy and tired, but usually 3 strikes and out sounds good to me ;D

brett walker

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 08:06:50 pm »
What really p****s me off  " can you leave it this time ?"

Brett when you take new customers on tell them that you are only taking customers on who want it every month as you have just got rid of a load of customers as they would say not this month.

It works and you will stop that problem as the customer knows you won't be mucked about.

Paul

Hi Paul

sounds good advice to me thanks, i think i;ll take that approach ;)

went collecting tonight, while waiting for the woman to get the money noticed she was watching tv she shouted "wont be a minute just watching deal or no deal  watching to see if she deals", thought to myself "its ok ive got all night to stand here whilr you watch tv".  I thought what about dealing me the money you owe me you cow ;D     priceless

regards

Brett