craig jwc

Re: Any shurflo backpack users?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 12:25:59 am »
I've been using my Shurflo Backpack for 7months now. I only got it to do the tops but found i got lazy within a few days and started using it on the whole house.
I use it everyday on tops & bottoms and like already mentioned each time you go back it gets easier and quicker and find you use less water.

I have just received my Freedom Trolley which has a bigger pump, plus it has a flow controller which means i can pump water higher.
I bought this as my round has got bigger and think it too much for the backpack to cope with on it's own.
Plus i am fitting my van out with a tank which you can run from this Freedom trolley but i will still have the option to wheel my water round with me if i want too.
I will still use my Backpack for the really hard to get areas.

Craig

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 04:49:16 am »
I have a backpack trolley and van mount but I keep going back to the back pack- its faster.

lippy

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 09:46:50 am »
Do you waste too much time refilling the shurflo backpack if you use it all day? i imagine it would waste soo  much time.

lippy

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 09:48:34 am »
where can you purchase a back pack,also could you tell me  everything i would need to get it working,and price .thanks

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 12:42:43 pm »
Lippy, I'll have a try...

Changing over from using ladders to a Water-Fed-Pole (WFP) is without doubt a daunting task.  What system should you get?  What van to buy?  Do I need a van?  What reverse-osmosis unit should I purchase?  What's reverse-osmosis!!!!!? 

If you've a mainly residential round and plan to do 'tops only' with a WFP then the Shurflo back pack is a good place to start.

The whole set-up has to be purchased individually and should cost you around the £500 mark.

You can buy the Shurflo back pack from here:

http://www.williamsonpumps.co.uk/

Mine cost £215 including VAT and postage.

You can also buy them from E-Bay USA for around £160.

You'll also likely need a Reverse Osmosis (RO) unit and you will need a DI unit.

You can buy these from RO Man, (the unit in the link bellow would probably suffice), depending on how much water you plan to use.  Doing 'tops only' I use around 100 to 150 litres per day (it's four litres to a gallon by the way.

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/30

You'll also need a pole.  I suggest an 18" one if you're mainly doing 1st floor windows.  You can get these from numerous places, but this site generally gets a good rating and has an excellent 'frequently asked questions' area which explains just about everything you need to know to start using a WFP.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/

You'll also need a static tank, I use two 200 litre water butts, at least six 25 litre water barrels and a hand-held TDS meter (£13 approx).

Also, don't forget to ask lots of questions here.  I'm definitely not a WFP expert by any means.

lippy

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 02:43:28 pm »
thanks for the information tosh,im sure i will be back with more questions at a later date.cheers

Richy L

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 02:45:52 pm »
hey lippy, i might have found a way to get the whole system for £400, ill let you know if that price is right on tues, because ill know for sure then

richy

Ian Rochester

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 02:14:51 pm »
Just resurrecting this thread, I've just been watching a local lad with one of these Shurflo backpacks, he's just changed from ladders to WFP and I must say I was quite impressed at the set up and thought it could be a good back up to put in a spare van with a couple of filled barrels.

Where is the best place to get one from.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 02:34:03 pm »
the window cleaning warehouse, they have loads in stock and they are the cheapest, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jack Avery

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 03:03:36 pm »
Got mine from the USA. Took six days and cost £120. Tracked and insured delivery.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 05:08:36 pm »
Cheers,

I've ended up ordering one from Cleantech, they did me a good deal with 4 water barrels and a few other bits and pieces, getting posted out today so I should have it by Monday.

I really just want it for a couple of jobs a week that one of our vans does, I did contemplate getting them a full van system fitted like the other van but for the amount that they will use it, it's not worth it at the moment.  Hopefully this will be a good short term stop gap.

I liked that fact that it is all self contained, we'll probably work it as a two man team, one doing tops with the shurflo and the other doing bottoms trad.  Be interesting to see how it goes.

quantum cleaning

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 10:06:16 pm »
we use a pump and varistream controller on a sack truck with a demountable  30 ltr barrel on 1 of our vans and we can do any jobs any more info get in touch

rachel@quantumcleaning.co.uk

Richy L

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 01:59:02 pm »
i bought one in the end.
I use it most days now. I do all the fronts with the backpack, and the guy who works for me does all the backs trad with a ladder.
Well worth the money! and its handy getting above some con roofs, and actually cleaning the con roofs.