Lee.

Phantom pole
« on: January 28, 2022, 10:30:25 am »
Hi All,
I’m in the market for a new pole, I’m interested in the phantom with its replaceable clamps. I know they had bad press in the past, but has anyone had one for a few years that would like to give their opinion. I have seen lots of positive reviews but have but these usually are new poles. Do they stand the test of time? Many thanks in advance.

dazmond

Re: Phantom pole
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 10:44:37 am »
I've never used one but I like the xline nano poles...they are stronger and more rigid than an xtreme but only slightly heavier....clamps are easily replaceable too
price higher/work harder!

Lee.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 11:44:11 am »
Thank you Dazmond I will look into that. 

mike1986

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 01:26:53 pm »
Hi All,
I’m in the market for a new pole, I’m interested in the phantom with its replaceable clamps. I know they had bad press in the past, but has anyone had one for a few years that would like to give their opinion. I have seen lots of positive reviews but have but these usually are new poles. Do they stand the test of time? Many thanks in advance.

I tried one about 2 years ago but found it didn’t wear as well as the Gardiner poles so I went back to gardiners.

Slash

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 04:43:47 pm »
I have two, bought at the same time,a 25 and a 58 footer,not that impressed if Im honest,the red rubber things inside the clamps make it harder when closing pole down.
The 58 is well heavy and both are carbon fibre.25 is ok weightwise.
Stick to Gardiners.

wayne m

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 06:06:27 pm »
I really like my phantom hi mod 25. Yes I’ve broke a couple of sections but I would have if it was gardiners to be honest. I think the clamps are good and better that they have no glue keeping them on.

Paul-kent

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 06:08:41 pm »
I have the phantom 22 carbon fibre pole would never buy another one their are way to many flaws and issues with the pole

I will be looking for another pole in a few months  ::)roll

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 06:39:25 pm »
I have had a phantom 2 yrs4months been a good pole much better than the last 2 slx S I.had.
They where spinning after 6 months and first section on both badly worn.
Got sent a complete new set of clamps for free not fitted them yet but will be fitting number 1 soon has it just started to annoy me.
Overall I would buy again.
Spit and polish

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 07:16:45 pm »
I have a  phantom carbon (not high mod)

very similar to the slx but although the clamps are good they are not as nice to use as gardiners imo

i would pick the slx, plus its cheaper.

the king

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 04:21:19 pm »
I have the 18ft one wouldn't buy another sections were faster than gardeners and sections don't slide as easily as gardeners also the sections were not the red sleeve so basically the design doesn't work  🤣🤷‍♂️

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 08:02:32 pm »
I wore the red sleeves out too quickly and binned it to the shed

the king

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 09:22:33 pm »
Apparently the phathom clamps work better on the gardner section's as there smoother finish i had a phathom section start to spin so ordered new rubber inserts and it still spun after a close look you can see the section's were they had a rough finish kinda smoothed out . I much prefer the phoenix over the phathom better design having said that the phoenix didn't last eather i got 8 months out of mine

duncan h

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 09:06:47 pm »
I love Phantom clamps.
After years of Gardiner poles spinning, I changed over to Phantoms. Eventually wear at the top, same as Gardiner poles but no where hear as quick. Just cut 1 inch of and screw clamp back on. So easy. I will never have glue clamps again.
I was still using my SLX 35 so saved up and got a Phantom 35ft. I forgot it was way heavier (2700g SLX 2150g)
It was so rigid. I loved it but my golfers elbow started hurting.
just sold it , so need another.

the king

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 07:33:07 am »
Agreed glueing clamps is a pain in the ars one thing that irritates me about Gardner poles a simple bolt on clamp is much better  i also find Gardner glue is pants you will be working away and bang pole clamp starts spinning