Re: How much
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 02:26:21 pm »
I think so , considering there will be about 18 roof panels , I think 1.6 minutes per panel would be a quick wipe over , actually you'll be spending less than that by the time you've moved your ladder from one side all the way round to the other so we're probably talking 70 secs per panel ..... On a first clean?

NWH

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 03:42:20 pm »
You lot laugh at me when I say I go over the odd custies roof for pittance but this is exactly why I do it,if they paid me what I really wanted they would think I was having a laugh as it would be far to much for the time. This game and pricing takes years of practise lol,some people don't blink at paying £50 for 20 minutes or half hours work they think he's got to get here overheads etc they swallow that. When you start letting them know you want hundreds of pounds to do a job like that TBH wouldn't take alday the old brain starts to tick about how much your earning a day,you'll earn more cleaning windows chaps.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 07:09:34 pm »
15 mins set up/pack away
30 mins outside roof
15 mins outside windows
45 mins inside roof
15 mins inside windows

2 hours

to do a good job the outside roof would take at least 90 mins(if not 2 hours).you ll live to regret it estimating roofs like that for sure(i know from experience! ;D)
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »
Gotta agree with you daz , my conny roof jobs usually take 1.5-2 hrs a proper job that I can take before and after pictures of

NWH

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 09:53:44 pm »
Depends what standard your looking at doing a couple of hours is optimistic IMO.

Tosh

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 11:01:40 pm »
Depends what standard your looking at doing

That's bleeding' obvious innit. Obviously Barry does a less than acceptable job compared to what others do.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2016, 11:31:47 pm »
Coming on here does make me chuckle sometimes  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2016, 11:37:29 pm »
Coming on here does make me chuckle sometimes  ;D

Me too  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2016, 11:47:16 pm »

That's bleeding' obvious innit. Obviously Barry does a less than acceptable job compared to what others do.

I've actualy had it said to me more than once when I've been asked to give a quote "our window cleaner did our conservatory roof last time but did not do a very good job ."  So my standard reply is "you get what you pay for I suppose"

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2016, 12:24:40 am »

barry will rush it too as he s undercharged them!the worse way to go about a job like that for sure.

dont forget finials take time,the edges of the roof,the outside gutters have to be cleaned too or else the job will look crap.the little bits on the roof take what seems like an age to rinse off completely.also polycarbon needs more than a quick scrub to get the ingrained moss/algae completely off.also you have to be careful you dont knock them stupid little ends cap off on the roof struts. ::)roll ;D

and this is without little spots of lichen on the roof!
price higher/work harder!

sunshine windows

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 08:00:18 am »
barry will rush it too as he s undercharged them!the worse way to go about a job like that for sure.

dont forget finials take time,the edges of the roof,the outside gutters have to be cleaned too or else the job will look crap.the little bits on the roof take what seems like an age to rinse off completely.also polycarbon needs more than a quick scrub to get the ingrained moss/algae completely off.also you have to be careful you dont knock them stupid little ends cap off on the roof struts. ::)roll ;D

All that in under 2 minutes per panel too
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 08:29:23 am »

I've actualy had it said to me more than once when I've been asked to give a quote "our window cleaner did our conservatory roof last time but did not do a very good job ."  So my standard reply is "you get what you pay for I suppose"

Yes and Iv also had that said about shiners who charge the same and at times more than me, price guarantees nothing other
than the service provider knows how to look after him/ herself.

SeanK

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 08:34:33 am »

No Dazmond Barry priced that job at £150 so even if it took 4 hours it would still be a nice earner for the vast majority of
shiners in the country.
Seriously mate you need to stop pandering to the penniless millionaires on here.

H20cleaning

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 11:10:09 am »
2 hours outside 2 hours inside £150 ... I'm up north though and were poor remember

8weekly

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 11:54:29 am »

Yes and Iv also had that said about shiners who charge the same and at times more than me, price guarantees nothing other
than the service provider knows how to look after him/ herself.
The starting point should always be to respect and look after yourself. That generally means that corners won't be cut and that you respect others. If you don't respect and look after yourself, how can you respect others.

NWH

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 02:31:09 pm »
Look at some of the prices some are saying they'll clean it for in the region of £150,like I said you'll earn more cleaning windows.

slap bash

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 05:16:54 pm »
She has probably got Brakenwood  in Basingstoke doing the clean they have no clue what to charge and need more business. Why a conny supplier would ever get into cleaning them just kills me.

sunshine windows

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2016, 10:01:36 pm »
Look at some of the prices some are saying they'll clean it for in the region of £150,like I said you'll earn more cleaning windows.

Perhaps they don't?
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 10:37:24 pm »
I bet they do if they clean houses for 6-10 quid lol.

Smurf

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2016, 10:57:24 pm »
I'm betting I could clean the outside of that conservatory roof including glass, struts, pointy bits, gutters then clean all 3 sides all from the ground in about 10 min. Only problem is most would go ape at the methods I would use to do it in that short space of time.

I too have a special machine to clean conservatory roofs... it's called a pressure washer  ;D ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQvfK9MPWBY