Dave Willis

Re: How much
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 07:50:03 am »
It's a highly skilled job operating a duster.

andyM

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 07:51:50 am »
Wouldn't touch that in&out for less than £500

I'm giving you TWO rolly eyes for that one!  ::)roll ::)roll
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 07:53:27 am »
It amazes how some you make out that it's such a big job, full valet, back breaking labour..... Just to justify charging ridiculous prices.

Let's put it in to perspective, that conservatory is not that big, from the pictures it is not that dirty.
I would do the lot in approx 3 1/2 hours and happily take £170 for it and most likely get repeat custom. Yes Papa smurf that's a full valet, I.e iv cleaned the sh!t out of it.
Smurf do you go all Thomas Sanderson on it, hand polishing all the whites? Greasing up hinges? Cleaning all the openers? Treating the glass?
Didn't think so, you clean it no differently to anyone else here...

there still a PITA though and harder work than regular window cleaning and take you away from your regular jobs.i dont want them unless i can earn £50-£60 an hour.

price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 07:55:50 am »
You have to consider the overheads - you could go through a set of Marigolds on that one maybe half a can of Pledge - never undersell yourself.
£500 would be my minimum charge. I do two of them a day.

anyone know the cheapest place for Virosol?

sunshine windows

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 07:58:52 am »
This is just even more laughable. You must be royalty. ::)roll

It is a bit of a joke, considering Thomas Sanderson or Fargils would charge around £1000 for a decent sized one.

We must be undercutting Cowboys, yeeeeha!  ;D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 08:00:31 am »
I don't do hardly any internal roofs but plenty of £250+ externals hence no less than £500  ::)roll

More like you ain't got a clue how to clean internal, hence the high price so they don't ask you to do it  ;)
We look at them, they look through them.

chris turner

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 08:09:39 am »
You have to consider the overheads - you could go through a set of Marigolds on that one maybe half a can of Pledge - never undersell yourself.
£500 would be my minimum charge. I do two of them a day.

anyone know the cheapest place for Virosol?

;D ;D ;D

chris turner

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 08:16:39 am »
It amazes how some you make out that it's such a big job, full valet, back breaking labour..... Just to justify charging ridiculous prices.

Let's put it in to perspective, that conservatory is not that big, from the pictures it is not that dirty.
I would do the lot in approx 3 1/2 hours and happily take £170 for it and most likely get repeat custom. Yes Papa smurf that's a full valet, I.e iv cleaned the sh!t out of it.
Smurf do you go all Thomas Sanderson on it, hand polishing all the whites? Greasing up hinges? Cleaning all the openers? Treating the glass?
Didn't think so, you clean it no differently to anyone else here...

there still a PITA though and harder work than regular window cleaning and take you away from your regular jobs.i dont want them unless i can earn £50-£60 an hour.

They can be a pita to clean but there are advantages to normal work.
Your at one job for a few hours so less fuel expense.
It's one big payment to collect rather then drips and drabs.
Personally I get much more job satisfaction bringing a conservatory back to life then general window cleaning.

SeanK

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 08:26:12 am »
No problem charging £500 for that job, but then I would be cleaning it with my water fed toothbrush which does
add a bit of time to the job, I would also add a chemical to the glass which repels dirt, kids, birds, insects and snails for fives years.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 08:39:27 am »
15 mins set up/pack away
30 mins outside roof
15 mins outside windows
45 mins inside roof
15 mins inside windows

2 hours

Smurf

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 08:46:29 am »
I do chuckle at "How much" threads as they mostly end up with people disagreeing on price and how long they think a job is going to take.

There is no right or wrong price for any job as long as the cleaner is happy what they get out of it for the time and effort they put into it. It’s as simple as that really.

However I will say from my own experience that selling on price alone is dead easy but to win work at a premium price no matter what the job is takes confidence and skill.

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 08:53:07 am »
15 mins set up/pack away
30 mins outside roof
15 mins outside windows
45 mins inside roof
15 mins inside windows

2 hours

Barry, If you don't mind me asking have you done many filthy inside and out conservatory deep cleans before? 

Tosh

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 08:56:32 am »
45 minutes ;)

There's "cleaning" and there's "I'd knock that out".
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 09:01:22 am »
15 mins set up/pack away
30 mins outside roof
15 mins outside windows
45 mins inside roof
15 mins inside windows

2 hours

Barry, If you don't mind me asking have you done many  filthy inside and out conservatory deep cleans before ?
Yes and a job like that would take me most the day.
I'm going on the picture at the top of the thread.
It has good access, not big, not really filthy, all upvc in good order and not requiring a "deep clean" as you put it, hence my estimate and costing.

Smurf

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:25 am »
I've found out from experiance when I say "deep clean" it's just a term used for doing a thorough job so it's  quite easy to cock the pricing up if not careful as can take much long than you anticipated to clean properly.

sunshine windows

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 09:28:28 am »
More like you ain't got a clue how to clean internal, hence the high price so they don't ask you to do it  ;)

I don't like doing internals. Did 2-3 years off ladders before going wfp, so I know how to clean trad. I never blade the roof though. It's easier to use a soapy damp microfibre then polish off.

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 09:47:13 am »
I've found out from experiance when I say "deep clean" it's just a term used for doing a thorough job so it's  quite easy to cock the pricing up if not careful as can take much long than you anticipated to clean properly.
I know that's why I said  £50 an hour, £150 tops ( 3 hours being generous )
Deep clean is just a phrase that gets used to make things sound more involved than they actually are.

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »
15 mins set up/pack away
30 mins outside roof
15 mins outside windows
45 mins inside roof
15 mins inside windows

2 hours

30 mins to do a conservatory roof?  Wow your my hero , think I'll nominate you to that burbridge bloke

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »
I know that's why I said  £50 an hour, £150 tops ( 3 hours being generous )
Deep clean is just a phrase that gets used to make things sound more involved than they actually are.

In my case a deep clean is a lot more involved as to just giving them a quick wipe over. That said when giving a quote I find out exactly what they need doing then still give both options (two prices) to chose from.  Funny enough they always go with the dearest option for some strange reason.  ;D

As far as time wise the longest I've taken to do a conservatory full valet so far to date that's  inside and out on my own was 10 hours (split over two days). Needless to say it was not far off what T.S would have charged.

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:39 pm »
15 mins set up/pack away
30 mins outside roof
15 mins outside windows
45 mins inside roof
15 mins inside windows

2 hours

30 mins to do a conservatory roof?  Wow your my hero , think I'll nominate you to that burbridge bloke
Are we looking at the same photograph ? A frame ladder, wfp , fan jets, soft flocked brush and a high flow. What is there in that pic that is going to take any "said" professional more than 30 mins ?