Dave Willis

Re: What would Thomas Sanderson charge for this?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 08:44:23 pm »
I suggest you get a quote for a 'tiled' roof. I did and the wife said she'd rather pull it down than pay that kind of money.

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:43 pm »
You obviously have not had a quote for some TS blinds then

capn sparkle

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 09:42:05 pm »
Cleaning away happily today and lady shouts at me!

Her "Excuse me do you clean conservatory roofs"

Me "Yes, where do you live and I'll pop around a give you a quote"

Her " The next road up, but I've just had it professionally cleaned and want to keep it that way but my window cleaner doesn't do roofs"

Me "No probs, can I take some details" grabs phone No. and address and popped round at 5pm

So I saw my 1st ever T.S conservatory clean today - roof 4 x 4 x 4 panels all Pilk 'K' self cleaning glass - nice job for the sum of £780. Apparently they're coming back at the weekend to re-clean the roof. What ever stuff they use to do the job by hand stains / leaves marks if  you let it dry .

Don't get me wrong it's a nice job on a 3 yr old conservatory - I'd have charged about £120 for in n out so the rest is for vaccing the vents and oiling the odd hinge?

Took the job on as a regular customer but didn't have the balls to mention that T.S have scratched all the plastics with some type of scourer - by hand my a***

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 09:51:06 pm »
I would point the scratches out before you do any work or you might get the blame. That goes for anything else that you are also concernd about just to cover your own arse.

capn sparkle

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 10:26:45 pm »
I would point the scratches out before you do any work or you might get the blame. That goes for anything else that you are also concernd about just to cover your own arse.

Good point - noted

sunshine windows

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 07:42:14 am »
I have a customer who used Thomas Sanderson to the tune of £700. I was no better a clean than if I'd done it for £60. It's only a small roof. You could still see the weathered patches around the end caps on all the struts.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »
Went to see it this afternoon. Put in a price of £750.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'