Smudger

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

Re: High level internal cleaning - Stingray/Dragonfly?
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 12:22:07 pm »
All the internal pad systems ( other than unger who use a screw thread ) have the same diameter so this fits tadgh's frames
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

simonr

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 12:59:47 pm »
magic thanks a lot

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 01:22:00 pm »
Thanks Simon.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 01:45:47 pm »

Hi Darren

That's one of those Unger units isn't it.

What cleaning fluid do you use and what process do you go through to clean those windows. Whilst any imperfections won't be seen from the main lower seating area, they certainly will be seen by anyone in the rooms overlooking that seating area. 

Do you use an initial pad to clean, then swop it for another to polish it off and if so, how effective is it?

We have the same green cleaning pads but the thinner microfiber pad don't work well polishing off.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 02:01:36 pm »
Would using damp melamine pads be better on mucky internal glass Tadgh?

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 02:23:20 pm »

Spruce - unger pad - vikan frame 😜

Below is the process we use for internal cleaning

Darran

No I haven't, but either search a few threads or he will pop on soon I'm sure.

First time clean with mop and very slight soapy water then buff over with an unger pad phw20 then final clean with unger pad phl20 dampened with ODDBODS special internal cleaning solution ( 50% pure 40% white vinegar and 10% commercial glass cleaner ) comes up 100%

As you can see in the photo we could check these from the other side, so I can vouch for the results.

The picture is year 3 we have cleaned these ( once per year ) and they only need the phl20 pad and solution to bring them up now

Don't underestimate the amount of sticky 'gunk' on internal Windows that are high up, due to aircon systems and general human 'residues'

Darran

Spruce

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 02:43:00 pm »

Spruce - unger pad - vikan frame 😜

Below is the process we use for internal cleaning

Darran

No I haven't, but either search a few threads or he will pop on soon I'm sure.

First time clean with mop and very slight soapy water then buff over with an unger pad phw20 then final clean with unger pad phl20 dampened with ODDBODS special internal cleaning solution ( 50% pure 40% white vinegar and 10% commercial glass cleaner ) comes up 100%

As you can see in the photo we could check these from the other side, so I can vouch for the results.

The picture is year 3 we have cleaned these ( once per year ) and they only need the phl20 pad and solution to bring them up now

Don't underestimate the amount of sticky 'gunk' on internal Windows that are high up, due to aircon systems and general human 'residues'

Darran

Thank you. For some unknown reason I missed the last few posts on page 1. I'm confused how that happened. ???
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 04:27:00 pm »
I'm just confused most of the time now  ;D

Darran

simonr

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 06:36:20 pm »
Would using damp melamine pads be better on mucky internal glass Tadgh?
yes he told me they they're better,  they get sellotape off  easily & the blue waffle cloths are better than the green