Tosh

Rain-water harvesting
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:45:16 pm »
Ive been rain-water harvesting for at least 6 months now, if not more, this is what's happened to my water supply bill. My sewerage bill will drop the same amount percentagewise.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

Re: Rain-water harvesting
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:53:51 pm »
Looks impressive.
Can I ask how much wfp water you get through a month?

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:27:42 pm »
I produce 1600 litres of pure a week, so I guess I get through about 4,500 a week in total usage.

I also carry an extra 100 metres of hose on a spare reel in the van for conservatory roofs and gutters.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »
You must have quite a large rain harvesting setup for that kind of usage.
Are you harvisting rain water from house gutters or an industrial unit?

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 11:52:21 pm »
House. It won't be so good for a few months coming now though as its Spring.

Smurf

Re: Rain-water harvesting New
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 11:59:44 pm »
Thanks, Why I asked a chap on another forum started to harvest rainwater from an indusrtial unit roof. Needles to say it worked out quite well form him. It seems though lack of storage is the main drawback with wanting to harvest rainwater as most of the rainfall goes straight down the drain after all the storage is used up.