Roland S

Decent 50mm vacuum hose
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:17:43 pm »
Hi

does anyone know where to source 10m or 15 of decent quality vacuum hose for a Gutter vac. The omnipole hose looks good but it's expensive. If I could find someone else who sells that cheaper would be good or anyone know anywhere else that sells quality hose at a decent price?

Mike Halliday

Re: Decent 50mm vacuum hose
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »
carpet cleaners use 50mm hose  so most  CC supliers will sell it.

most carpet cleaners also change it  often as it gets dirt and we have to use it in customers home....so always like it to look clean and new. so if you ask in the carpet cleaners section you might get someone to sell you some old hose which would be ok to use outside with a guttervac
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:45:02 pm »
The omni pole hose is expensive for a reason, it's virtually indestructible and will last years.

For cheaper stuff goto century hoses, you can get 2" pvc spiral helix. It's lightweight  but only last for a year depending on how busy you are.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Roland S

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:12:18 pm »
carpet cleaners use 50mm hose  so most  CC supliers will sell it.

most carpet cleaners also change it  often as it gets dirt and we have to use it in customers home....so always like it to look clean and new. so if you ask in the carpet cleaners section you might get someone to sell you some old hose which would be ok to use outside with a guttervac

Thanks for the tip

Roland S

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »
The omni pole hose is expensive for a reason, it's virtually indestructible and will last years.

For cheaper stuff goto century hoses, you can get 2" pvc spiral helix. It's lightweight  but only last for a year depending on how busy you are.

Darran

Yeah the omnipole hose looks good,  but there stuff is generally fairly expensive and they probably don't have it specially made for them so I was hoping someone knew of an alternative supplier.

wpclean

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 05:29:55 pm »
http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/gutter-vacuum-systems/gutter-cleaning-systems/polarvak_gutter_vacuum_hose/crush_proof_wire_wound_51mm_vacuum_hose_15M

It works out at £162 including VAT, and is good quality, it saves you having to move the vac as much.

Mike Halliday

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Griffus

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »
I have used 2" carpet cleaning hose with the Mosmatic. and also the guttervac.

To be honest, it's great quality, far superior to the stuff you'll get with a guttervac.

There is however a reason for this, it weighs too much to be totally suitable for high level work, especially for longer periods.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »
If it's wire reinforced should be good, but I thought omni vac were selling theirs for £110 a while back ( I know it was on special offer ) but the polar vac should be ok

The vac hose fits to the bottom of your Ali or carbon tubes does it not ???
Height shouldn't be a factor

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Roland S

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 09:30:37 pm »
thanks everyone for the advice. i tracked some hose down that looks similar to the omni hose from a industrial ducting supplier. i got 15m for £74 including £20 postage which is very reasonable. it looks decent but i wont know until it comes, i'll report back when i've tested it out. this is it http://www.dustspares.co.uk/PVC-Vacuum.html

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »
Looks good

Darran

Griffus

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »
If it's wire reinforced should be good, but I thought omni vac were selling theirs for £110 a while back ( I know it was on special offer ) but the polar vac should be ok

The vac hose fits to the bottom of your Ali or carbon tubes does it not ???
Height shouldn't be a factor

Darran

It does, if you have them.

Real men still use ladders  ;D

JandS

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 08:03:18 pm »
Mike......is the cuff at the inlet/outlet on the 2 inch hose 2 inch or slightly less....or is the hose slightly larger and the inlet/outlet 2 inch.
Only ask because the cuff is slightly smaller than the hose and I can't be arsed to unlock van and check.
Guttervac hose cuffs are virtually the same diameter as the hose, or mine is anyway.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.