mark blundell

flat surface cleaner
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:20:27 pm »
Hi all i have just bought a flat surface cleaner on ebay and tried it today on a brick weave and it was rubbish.

its a roto jet made by brendon i think

is it that i need to change the jets to match my machine/pump
i have a lombardini diesel with a ww961c pump 172 bar 15lpm

any advice would be appreciated cheers mark 

Kenny83

Re: flat surface cleaner
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:32:49 pm »
do you have the right nozzles on? how many inchb is the cleaner? if it's too big then you may need a 21litre machine
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

mark blundell

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:28 pm »
thanks for the reply i don't know about the nozzles they are the ones that it came with i think i will go get some tomorrow. and it is a 21" cleaner cheers mark

mark blundell

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:43:55 pm »
Hi I changed the nozzles today and still no joy it just don't seam to have the power to clean  :'(

any ideas what to try next before it goes back on ebay?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »
Mark

I never really use FSCs so I may be wrong but I don't think that 15LPM i s anywhere near enough to offer effective cleaning.

There will not be enough flow rate to cut the surface detritus and if there is you will have to go so slow that you might as well pull up a chair!!!

I still don't use them on the H & M and that has 35LPM - I have just purchased the right size nozzles for two flat surface cleaners, single operator and twin operator and may give them a go on some slab flooring coming up.

Waste of money (in my opinion) if you haven't got a big enough flow rate!!!!

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 06:58:24 pm »
Mark

I never really use FSCs so I may be wrong but I don't think that 15LPM i s anywhere near enough to offer effective cleaning.

There will not be enough flow rate to cut the surface detritus and if there is you will have to go so slow that you might as well pull up a chair!!!

I still don't use them on the H & M and that has 35LPM - I have just purchased the right size nozzles for two flat surface cleaners, single operator and twin operator and may give them a go on some slab flooring coming up.

Waste of money (in my opinion) if you haven't got a big enough flow rate!!!!

Rob ;D

I've been having a headache messing around with nozzles for this 30LPM. Got the 24'' FSC on 3 x 03 nozzles and it's mint on flags and yorkstone etc but not cutting the moss and dirt out of block paving joints.
On our 18'' FSC there's 2 x 025's so we've been using this with the revs dropped slightly.

Video to follow of it cutting on block paving at Audi. Cuts nice and then a simple rinse.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 07:06:15 pm »
Mine are in the van, still in the bubble wrap they were delivered in. Haven't even opened them up yet.

Just trying to work out how I am going to be in Camberley and Darlington at the same time next week. Nearly got it sorted!!

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »
I just bought a 20" fsc and tried it on my 15lpm machine. it worked ok and cleaned ok but the paving i tried it on wasnt caked between the joints. not sure why the size of the fsc matters. should go on nozzle size. but have been told that a 18" with the right nozzles is perfect for a 15lpm machine.

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »

Kenny83

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »
i run at approx 16 - 17 lpm @ around 210 bar with my 21 inch mosmatic and it cuts through moss great, you just need to run at a snails pace, an 18 inch whirlaway works even better but covers a smaller area, althought there will always be places where it didnt quite cut it enough, hence you go over with a turbo... although, the best thing that I find to do on heavily mossy / weedy block paving is just hit it with a turbo from the start, much quicker and effective, save your surface cleaner for flags,PIC, less mossier Block paving etc.
I'm also not sure if the 170 bar may cut enough, flow rate is great for cleaning but you still need the psi behind it to give it the cutting power, other wise everyone would be running 20 bar machines that do 60 lpm
Pressure Washing -

Kenny83

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:02:24 pm »
Lee, did you ever run your 20" floater on your 15 litre machine? i know it wont float it but did it cut it? if you know what i mean? did it rotate the spray bar quick enough so that you could walk behind at a decent pace?
Pressure Washing -

Kenny83

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:11 pm »
I just bought a 20" fsc and tried it on my 15lpm machine. it worked ok and cleaned ok but the paving i tried it on wasnt caked between the joints. not sure why the size of the fsc matters. should go on nozzle size. but have been told that a 18" with the right nozzles is perfect for a 15lpm machine.
I think the size of the lpm matters is because the spray bars are longer and heavier, therefor need more thrust/power to spin the bar effectively, hence the greater lpm, I got told that with a 15 lpm i should run a 18 inch and maybe go up to 20'', which explains why I have to go at a snails pace with my 21 inch mosmatic other wise it causes ringing if i go any faster, never had a problem with an 18" whiraway, so i'm looking to buy a 20'' whirlaway and find a happy medium, thinking about importing one from the states as thats the only place i can find a 20" with wheels on.
Pressure Washing -

jaespray

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 01:21:31 am »
if anyone is thinking of importing try a ant3c machine   the best bit of kit you will ever buy
regards john

Matt Gibson

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 07:26:57 am »
I think the size of the lpm matters is because the spray bars are longer and heavier, therefor need more thrust/power to spin the bar effectively, hence the greater lpm, I got told that with a 15 lpm i should run a 18 inch and maybe go up to 20'', which explains why I have to go at a snails pace with my 21 inch mosmatic other wise it causes ringing if i go any faster, never had a problem with an 18" whiraway, so i'm looking to buy a 20'' whirlaway and find a happy medium, thinking about importing one from the states as thats the only place i can find a 20" with wheels on.

why not spend the money on a bigger pump. probable cheaper than importing a 20" fsc. then you can use your existing mossy. got my pump for £400 delivered. or buy a 20" locally and adapt wheels to it. im going to see how mine goes without wheels but ive got a set of wheels from an 18" so if its not great ill adapt them on.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »
If it has 4 nozzles or 3 nozzles try taking 1 or 2 off so you have 2 nozzles spinning/cleaning
Ive got a 36inch machine on a 15 lts washer and it wbas way under powered,i took two of the 4 heads off and it works way better with the 2.
Just a thought
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

mickwc

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 11:58:55 pm »
Shot in the dark, have you tryed greasing it? if its not been used for a while it may be a little stifff
mick

mickwc

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 11:22:13 am »
tried!! lol

Matt Gibson

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:13 pm »
Well i got everything sorted. new pump in and all the right nozzles on and the 20" whirlaway works like a treat. tested today. works ALOT better on the higher flow pump than it did on the 15lpm.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 07:29:41 pm »
Flow then Matt ;D ;)

Rob ;D