exoclean

Pebble Dash Walls
« on: October 01, 2005, 12:03:13 pm »
Hi Guys,

The wife has come up with a little job for me to do but I need a bit of advice before I wreck my house. I have a pebble dash on the front of the house. The top part is painted which is fine but the bottom half has various defects such as weathering, diesel smoke from the back of my van and general grime. I want to wash it but can't blast it without removing half the little pebbles. I accept I will lose some regardless but how can I minimise the loss and clean it?

Apprciate any help.

Paul

*Chris Browne

Re: Pebble Dash Walls
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 02:14:12 pm »
hi paul

would it not be easier to re-paint it?
or is that an even bigger job

chris ;)

exoclean

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 03:02:15 pm »
Hi Chris,

Oh if life were that simple! No, she wants the bottom half back to original finish but cleaned of all the surface defects. I suppose some sort of chemical clean,  with a low pressure rinse will probably do the job  but if anyone has a better method I'd love to know.

Thanks anyway

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 04:51:15 pm »
Explain the pitfalls to your nearest and dearest and get busy painting! Seal it first tho'
It's a game of three halves!

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 07:59:31 pm »
Tell her that once it has been cleaned it will have to be cleaned on a regular basis as it will grow fungi.
Pebble dash is a lot stronger than you think, I usually clean it with boiling water.

exoclean

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 10:22:12 pm »
Cheers fellas,

Showed her the replies, she's gone off the idea. Gary, I think the fungi bit did it. Got any tips on how to avoid the dishes? ,lol

Regards Paul

preston powerblast

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 11:53:40 am »
sorry mate, youll have to wash em.
But its a d**n site easier than the pebbledash ;D
Meant to say algae

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 12:36:22 pm »
Tell her you grazed your washing up hand while trying to clean the peppledash

chris

;D ;)

blacksheep

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 04:56:37 pm »
buy her a dishwasher, she will love you for ever

exoclean

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 08:24:57 pm »
Thanks fellas,

she likes the idea of a new dish washer, she says the old one spends too much time on this forum. !!!!

preston powerblast

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 08:45:27 pm »
The wife and i have an understanding, I clean outdoors and do all the diy.
She does the chores indoors.
I know I'm spoilt. :D

exoclean

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 08:54:12 pm »
Sorry Blacksheep

I thought you were one of the chaps, just had a look at your profile your a lady. I dont usually have a problem distinguishing the males from the females but thanks for the tip anyhow.  ;)

Regards Paul

dougster

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 09:02:43 pm »
Just thought you may like to try and brush paint on or spray on hypoclorate, try it on a small area first though as i use this on driveways and it is better than powerwashing but dont forget to use protective clothing goggles gloves as it burns the skin cheers dougie

exoclean

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 09:11:40 pm »
Going to pick up some 33% hypochlorite tomorrow and try a little corner. Think I might spray it on give it a while and then rinse off with either my hose or at very low pressure.

Do you think thats too strong? Or should I just go for the standard strength version I think its about 17%.

Cheers Dougie