Graham_Gould

. New
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:21:05 pm »
 ;D

windolene

Re: Why we pay taxes...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 02:02:17 pm »
Hi,

Mum says its the schools fault that they got pregnant & not hers!

Kevin.

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 04:41:59 pm »
I blame the parents they should disipline there children better.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 07:24:22 pm »
I blame the parents they should disipline there children better.

And educate them better.  I've recently read that by the time an average girl has reached the age of 14 years old, she's had three different sexual partners.

However, the link (for those that haven't looked) was about three sisters aged 12, 14 and 16.  All had given birth to a child and were being assisted by state benefits.

Okay, I agree, their Mother needs a good kick up the backside.  So does the absent father.

But, if the state didn't help these young mothers, then they might be more inclined  to turn to crime; shop-lifting, mugging old grannies, burgulary, prostitution, etc.  This would possibly and probably cost the tax payer a whole lot more than £200 per month benefits.

However, as a civilised society we have a duty of care for the weak, incapable and just plain downright stupid.  That's why we pay our taxes!

But on the other hand, it's the paying for the lazy gits that upsets me; those on some sort of incapacity benefit; when there's nothing wrong with them! Or those who fiddle the system.  Or school teachers who moan that their work-load is too high, or want more cash because they don't have enough to spend during their umpteen weeks holiday per year.

There's oxygen theives everywhere!

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 11:16:21 pm »
and i thought we paid our tax's cause we were "professional"  ;D ;D ::) ::)

dustycorner

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 05:50:22 pm »
Hi Tosh ,

bit harsh on teachers, i was school governor until 2 years ago and had the same attitude to teachers before i became a governor. In my experience the majority are hardworking and conscientious. Parents now expect the schools to provide all the discipline for their precious little lambs without too much effort from themselves, and Ofsted makes sure they have plenty of forms to fill in tying them up from doing what they should be doing.

Cheers Mark.

ps incapacity benefit has become the new  unemployed so bliar can massage figures.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 09:30:25 pm »
Bit of a strange one that - the news story that is.

Problem is that it was the Sun newspaper (newspaper???) printing stuff just to get people going so as they'll buy the paper again to read if there was any follow up which there was.

Newspapers do this to readers to get distribution up so as the newspaper can sell advertising space more profitably and more easily.

Newspapers are not about news, they're about advertising.

The truth is that we'll never know the whole story or even read a balanced veiw or anything like an intelligent social/economic stand point but instead, just some degererated clap trap designed to get people ruffling their feathers and pointing fingers.

My God, tonight at the bus stop there was a kid in hoodie. A yob no doubt. He was smashing up the bus stop and it was the hoodie that was responsible as it is a type of social uniform that creates within the wearer a tendancy to do such things.

Young girls with kids sponging off the state also. All thoses babies costing us a fortune and the lack of morals and principles.

Tomorrow, I'm off to buy the Sun as it does give the facts and as for the letters page.......... the very best of human interlect when it comes to understanding.

Just like the WAHD. You'll get done if you use a ladder and if you do use one, you will die from a fall and then what will your wife and kids do?  ..............

As for the whole thing of blame the teachers or blame the parents. The state has repeatedly come out with law after law and rule after rule that means that in reality, neither can act because of children's rights.

How about blaming the politicians who seek to blame others. If things are going wrong in society then blame those who govern it.

dennis buller

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 10:18:01 pm »
These topics grind me, THE POLITICIANS are at fault. starting with the European Parliment and the crap they filter down. Has to benifit fraudsters. they should be given absolutely nothing if caught has for there employers !!!!!!! too many people believe that society should give to them without them having to pay for society. I pay taxes with grudge has far too many people sponge. WORLD WAR II veterens live in poverty when young idle people claim benifits,that is despicable
DENNIS

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 11:00:56 pm »
Hi Graham

I suppose you could expand to every one gets the reply to their posting they deserve..............  ;D

Hi Dennis

It's a balance of views. Not all WW2 veterans live in poverty. My father gets what I consider too much. Some young people are idle and claim benifits. That is true. How much is enough and how little if anything would be acceptable in terms of those youngsters?

Cheers

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 09:04:40 pm »
Hi Graham

You were right - they were removed........  ;D