Glen

Professional Window Cleaner magazine
« on: May 21, 2005, 10:54:54 pm »
Has anyone actually received a copy of the above? I registered my in terest a few times and contacted the publisher but still no sign.

jsm

Re: Professional Window Cleaner magazine
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 06:57:16 am »
NO

bit like window cleaners i think - not to many about 
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

windolene

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:31:25 am »
Hi,

Like most of us we recieved the launch copy, great mag was impressed with its content. While awaiting the follow copy we were informed that due to high demand they would be a delay! . why would there be a delay to high demand? How many subscibers are there? & how many did they anticipate? I may be wrong but I am sure I was not informed of this direct by post or email but from this site! Poor show!

Kevin.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 02:36:15 pm »
Perhaps I can answer your questions:

As many here know, the magazine was launched in February with first issue being produced with the support of The British Window Cleaning Academy. I am pleased to say this was a resounding success, with a great response from the industry and some very positive feedback received.

As well as the UK, something we had not expected, we also received a phenomenal number of requests for the free issue from overseas, particularly the United States, and this was of course very welcome.

Another unexpected effect has also occured which I'm sure most here will be shocked to hear:  I'm sad to say that a new magazine for the window cleaning industry was not welcomed by everyone.  In fact, it is now very clear to me that there are some organizations that have clearly been profiting from a lack of information in the industry.

Although I am not at liberty to disclose any details, I can say that a publication that will shed light on issues which have so far been suppressed is something that some have found to be threatening.  This has resulted in outright opposition to this new magazine from some quarters.

Again, this was something of a surprise and to demonstrates the urgent need for window cleaners to have a source of trade information to discuss the issues that are important, no matter how unpalatable this may be to some.

This being the case, it became apparent that it would be necessary to structure the magazine so that its position could be legally defended, as this is likely to become necessary.  Also, the fact that there is to be an international readership has meant further re-organization of the publishing operation.

As you may imagine, these are serious issues and has meant some major changes have been needed here at the magazine.  This will secure its future, and also mean that the magazine is not vulnerable to opposition by those who would rather that window cleaners were left in the dark about certain, vitally important issues.

The resulting delay in publication of the second issue has been frustrating to say the least, and I can only apologise for this.  The ongoing activity has also been affected, including the sending out of the free issue to those who requested one after April.

This restructuring is now almost complete, and the next issue should go to press later this month, being distributed early in June.  I believe you will not be disappointed with the next (or subsequent) issues.  The first issue was our launch issue, and it was good, but this one will have real meat to it.  We've compacted the format so that more information and a greater variety of articles are included, and most importantly I've listened carefully to what window cleaners have said about what they liked and disliked about the first issue.

I would like to sincerely thank those who have subscribed, I arranged for an email bulletin to be sent to subscribers to explain the delay.  Most did get this, but some were "bounced" meaning we have the email address wrong (perhaps incorrectly spelled).  I have also placed an announcement on the PWC website explaining the same.

I had also planned to send out letters, but as we're so close to going to press with next issue now anyway, it seemed a bit pointless.

If you have requested the free issue, you will receive it in due course.

I hope that you understand the reasons for the delay, and again I'm sorry that this has led to a little frustration.  However, I'm sure that you understand the need for the magazine to be properly structured and easily defended.  The window cleaning industry is fast geting its act together, and becoming more professional.  Its clear that Window cleaners are no longer content with inadequate representation, and a publication that will stand up for their interests is long overdue, and needs to be legally established if it can speak out against rougue practices.

I hope you enjoy the next issue, and again I thank you for your understanding.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

gaza

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 05:19:25 pm »
Philip:Ive recieved your free issue and it was really good mag well put together,I recieved a phone call to ask if I would like to  subscibe, just before that negative responses were about so I decided to hold fire on sending of my subscription.
 If as you have stated, the problems are sorted out,Pm me when its printed and I will send your company my cheque.
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

matt

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 06:43:42 pm »
philip

sad to hear certain circles dont want a mag

will you name and shame them ?? ?? ??

as it would be interesting to know who and why

you know me, allways 1 for a bit of controversy   ;D ;) ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 08:55:29 pm »
Ladder makers. ?

Nah, probably the National Federation of Window Cleaners.  They produce a trade magazine; but it seems to be a bit outdated and backward; judging by the one copy I've read about a year or two ago.

What other organisation can you think of that would be upset about the passing of information to window cleaners, when they'd rather profit at their ignorance?

M4RK

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 05:26:59 pm »
Sounds like you got your work cut out Phil!

The first issue was really good though, looking forward to next issue.

I'd recommend anyone who's serious about window cleaning to subscribe.  ;)
(Do I get discount for referrals?) ;D

Best things come to those who wait ey........ :)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 07:50:53 pm »
 ;)I am sure phil knows what he is doing ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

dai

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 09:12:22 pm »
Ok, sounds good to me, how do we subscribe? DAI

Duke

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 05:04:07 pm »
shame that 'politics' has to stick it's nose in where it's not wanted or needed....chin up Philip...we believe in you and the mag....someone's got to shout for our corner after all !

dennis buller

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 07:51:54 pm »
did you send a copy to BRUSSELS ??????????
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dennis