ajo

FloJet pump continued
« on: May 20, 2005, 12:56:42 pm »
Continuing on my FloJet Pump, I have now got it working (water is passing through the pump) however It dosnt seem strong enough for the two poles that I will be using.

The Pump was from andwat.co.uk and said that it is ok for 2 poles.

Can anyone help me on this, as to why it isnt going through 2 poles strong enough.

When I only connect 1 it is very powerfull, but with 2 it disnt seem to be enough.

Thanks

ajo

Ian_Giles

Re: FloJet pump continued
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 01:31:30 pm »
You don't say what PSI your pump operates at, but you have to consider the length of hose being used by borth operatives.
I'm not sure, but I think that if both hoses combined equal, say, 140m then it will be the equivalent of a single hose of the same length.
It will also depend on the diameter of the hose you use, the standard hose is fine for multiples of 50m, the 6ml stuff will suffer far greater flow loss, dropping to a bare trickle the longer the hose you use.
As 2 poles are in use, the maximum flowrate just has to be affected for the obvious reason that what was going through 1 pole is now going through 2 of them.
Combined with hose length I would imagine that this may be an explanation.

I am sure that should someone from either Ionics, Omnipole or a pump manufacturer read this then they will clarify properly.

I know of one guy who has a pump with 100 PSI output, and he frequently runs two poles without any problems whatsoever

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 01:55:47 pm »
I have a flowjet 100 psi pump and run 2 wfp at same time and one brush always had greater out put than the other. But I still had to restricted the flow as it was to much water.

Since I have installed Williamson pumps Variestream both brushes now have same flow rate and you can control the water out put excellently, I cannot sing its praises enough.

Roy

ajo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 02:41:50 pm »
The Pump is 100 psi

The hose that I am using is the supplied hose that comes with Peters System, think its the 6ml stuff.

So will getting a larger diameter hose make things better.

I was using a friends system for a bit, was using the normal yellow hose which seemed to work fine.  (it went from the yellow hose to the shorter length of 6 ml hose) It has all the right connections to do this though.  Can you guide me to where to get the connections.

Thanks again

ajo

zymotik

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:44:04 pm »
Where did you get your "Williamson pumps Variestream" from? My ears have pricked up to that! :Þ

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 05:12:39 pm »
http://www.williamsonpumps.co.uk/WATERFEDPOLE.html

This is the link to there site.

Having used it for over a week this does away with the need for a pump box and is one of the best things I have bought for my system.

Roy

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 05:16:48 pm »
This is the specs for vairstream