H h20

RO Systems
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:34:20 pm »
what is the smallest ro system thats worth buying? im on a budget at the mo and need to start,so ive seen a 50 gallon a day one will this be any good as a start?,cheers. ;)

Duke

Re: RO Systems
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 09:39:10 pm »
yes...a good start....but you'll probably quickly out grow it.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 07:41:57 am »
Try Andrews Water Treatment, they have a small unit which is capable of 2500 ltr /day for aroung £700

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 02:41:13 pm »
It depends how much water you need

A 50 gallon a day R/O will only give you about 175 ltrs of water in 24 hours

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:28:50 pm »
i find a 60 gall more than enough for me, and its a great little starter :)

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 10:06:44 pm »
wow.........what would i need then i constantlly use 700-1000 per day six days a week non stop?

Duke

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 10:12:04 pm »
a holiday :)

c w window cleanin

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 04:57:16 pm »
what would i need (ro unit)assuming i want to get through 35-40 houses a day(3 bedroomd, easy houses)--this leads me to my next question...how much water do you lads think id need to get through that amount of houses if i did the top &bottoms of them with wfp, and i wanted to use a trolley system. basically what system would be best for me?-as all of my work except 1 estate, is within a few minutes walk  (i live in an estate sandwidged between loads of other estates containing my work!) so i could get my missus to drop of more water containers and collect emptys  as and when i needed ....Any advice  as to everything id need and a rough price for it all, for a bloke on a budget ,would be appreciated , thanks all :)

jsm

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 07:14:44 am »
what would i need (ro unit)assuming i want to get through 35-40 houses a day(3 bedroomd, easy houses)--this leads me to my next question...how much water do you lads think id need to get through that amount of houses if i did the top &bottoms of them with wfp, and i wanted to use a trolley system. basically what system would be best for me?-as all of my work except 1 estate, is within a few minutes walk  (i live in an estate sandwidged between loads of other estates containing my work!) so i could get my missus to drop of more water containers and collect emptys  as and when i needed ....Any advice  as to everything id need and a rough price for it all, for a bloke on a budget ,would be appreciated , thanks all :)

which way you look at it you will need 15-30! ltrs to clean a whole house - I find the 3bed semi's all in a row tend to drink the water , we do a patch with 10 in a row and did 200ltr's on them easy last week .
I have a 100gallon a day RO-Di from Ro-Man that gives me aprox 225lts's a day ( its running at the lower end on the water pressure ) If you get enough water containers you can get in front for thr week tho with it .

if you need more water  you may  need a merlin/wizard

if you on a budget you can't go wrong with Matts site , the sack barrow system works well , we use two all day now .
Add a remote control to the power pack as it saves you walking back to the trolly .
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

s.hughes

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 08:29:44 am »
What pressure should it be for 1st and 2nd story work? ie ground,1st,2nd. also do you have the pressure on higher on the 1st few cleans?

Steveyboy

c w window cleanin

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 06:19:26 pm »

which way you look at it you will need 15-30! ltrs to clean a whole house - I find the 3bed semi's all in a row tend to drink the water , we do a patch with 10 in a row and did 200ltr's on them easy last week .
I have a 100gallon a day RO-Di from Ro-Man that gives me aprox 225lts's a day ( its running at the lower end on the water pressure ) If you get enough water containers you can get in front for thr week tho with it .

if you need more water  you may  need a merlin/wizard

if you on a budget you can't go wrong with Matts site , the sack barrow system works well , we use two all day now .
Add a remote control to the power pack as it saves you walking back to the trolly .

thanks for all that info, much appreciated-chris

c w window cleanin

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 06:24:34 pm »
i find a 60 gall more than enough for me, and its a great little starter :)
matt could you give me your site address so i can check out the diy set up info--thanks mate :)

matt

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 08:10:19 pm »

dai

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 07:40:52 pm »
where did you buy the remote control?Dai

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 09:24:20 pm »
c w window cleanin asid - "i could get my missus to drop of more water containers and collect emptys  as and when i needed ...."

Careful about getting your missus to carry 25 litre barrels. Each barrel probably weighs half of what she dose. You don't want her to put her back out.  ;)
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

jsm

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 07:04:53 am »
where did you buy the remote control?Dai

Maplins , you want the remote reciever , code L55af , and keyfob code L5af.
www.maplin.co.uk
the reciever works like a electirc switch . You have to tap in to a 12 power supply for it to work then the other two white and grey wires patch into the +  power feed to the pump, forming the on/off loop.
Also you want the reciever to be set on LATCHING mode to work .
the diagram that comes with it doesn't show how to wire it up to well but if you need any more info send me a message and i'll draw a picture of the layout .
In the photo I took out the light of the power pack and used that power supply , you can turn the reciever on/off with the old light button now as well .
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

dai

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 03:24:46 pm »
Hi JSM, thanks for that. Any one tried using a car door remote from the scrapyard?
Some of them seem to have quite a long range. Dai

williamx

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 04:38:20 pm »
what would i need (ro unit)assuming i want to get through 35-40 houses a day(3 bedroomd, easy houses)

I don't think its possible to clean 40 houses a day using wfp unless you like doing 17 hour days.

For example it takes at least 15 minutes from start to finsh to completely clean a 3 bedroon house, top and bottom, windows, front and back, then you have to move to the next house and set up say 5 or 10 minutes, so on average the fastest I think you can clean a 3 bedroom house is 20 to 25 minutes.

40 houses x 25 minutes clean time = 1000 minutes = 16 hours 40 minutes + lunchbreak 20 minutes Total 17 hours

gaza

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 07:38:03 pm »
WAIT TILL YOUVE DONE THEM TILL THERE SPOTTLESS,THEN SEE

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO