geefree

Does anyone have a dodgy shoulder with wfp
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:05:46 pm »
my left shoulder aches and sometimes feels like it aint going to last the day, also got a bit of gristle on shoulder blade... does anyone else have this problem... i may have to swap hands with the pole, also my left wrist starting to hurt....god i feel like im dropping to bits ??? ??? ;)

clean

Re: Does anyone have a dodgy shoulder with wfp
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:18:33 pm »
You bet mate i thought i was the only one, yeah my left shoulder blade area gets real painful now and then,but i just keep plodding on and hope it stays off for a bit  :-\

clean

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:20:39 pm »
you want to look after your body and go trad

LAUGHING MY A S S OFF 

geefree

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:26:15 pm »
glad its the norm with some of us lol..... this gristle / lump.. swells then calms down on easy days..... just read up on it and its where the collar bone meets the shoulder blade.... rubbing together wi,th repetitive movements, and using arms above shoulder height all day ... also im knocking on a bit so the joints are grating now  ;D

geefree

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:43:08 pm »
just us then  ;)

clean

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:44:32 pm »
just us then  ;)

Well so far,we cud be the "painful shoulder blade 2"  ;D  :)

Dale Smith

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 07:55:31 pm »
I ache quite often at the end of the day, but not to the extent you are thank God.... ;)
At the risk of sounding like I am telling you how to suck eggs...... a lot of it is down to how you are working ( which is obvious but bare with me)...
Its easy to fall into moving your arms up & down to use the pole ( I do constantly ), but it really helps if you sometimes take a pace back & then forward, so your body pushes the pole up & down not your arms.
Only problem with that is it looks like your mad rocking yourself..... but it helps trust me.... ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

geefree

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 07:57:45 pm »
Thanks Dale

Gonna try that. ;)

R-CLEAN

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 08:02:18 pm »
you's must be getting old ;D mine are just getting bigger ;D

Ralph

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 08:06:15 pm »
I have had the same thing and yesterday i saw a chiropractor,i have seen oseopaths acupunturists and they didn`t work but the chiropractor has.Initially i had golfers elbow which started on the left and then switched to the right,i then had a dull pain in my shoulder that went down the back of the tricep.It`s not a pain that you can put your finger on but the main reason is tight muscles and this is from WFP,i have had 1 session and it has done better than countless sessions with the others above,over the course of treatment he is going to try and relax all the muscles in my arms and shoulders and it will hopefully do the trick for the longterm,another good thing to take before and during treatment is RUTA GRAV it is a homeopathic medicine that strengthens the tendons and bones in the body.I also use a VULCAN golfers elbow strap this really works wonders and it goes round the top of the forearm on the arm that`s giving you greif,only use this strap when your poleing and take it off between jobs.hope this helps.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 08:07:51 pm »
Shooting pains down the arm is also due to over tensed muscles in the arms and shoulders that need de knotting and massaging.

geefree

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 08:10:04 pm »
thanks.... mine aint too painful... suppose its the small lump at the end of my collarbone where it meets the shoulder blae thats worrying me a little... but i only had these probs since wfp

dmlservices

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 08:11:29 pm »
hi
i used to have a dodgy shoulder and lower back pain, mainly from lifting hose reel in and out of van, and holding pole at awkward angles , over conservs. ect . a mate of mine advised me to start weight training , been doing 2 sessions a week , for nearly a year now, has really helped as ive stenghthened muscle groups , and am more flexible, i now have no back pain at all , my shoulders do not hurt , they used to click which was a sign of weak ligaments, may not work for all , but did the trick for me  ;D, also by doing full body workouts , i am less likely to injure myself at work.

daz

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 08:13:10 pm »
WFP fixed my dodgy shoulder, certain of it. I used to have severe pain in it from a Rugby type injury. When I turned pole it went, due to my shoulder muscles being strengthened, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

pingu

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 08:14:45 pm »
Do any of you warm-up before work? I have found this has helped me...to what degree I am not sure but I do feel better for it.

Cheers
Dave.

darragh windows

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 08:16:42 pm »
your lucky only been using wfp a year and i have sore stiff neck at least once a week constant sore shoulder ,sore elbow and aching wrist sore eyes most days as well after its been sunny the only thing gets it easy now is my legs and knees and im only 30 years old still would not go back traditional though  ::)
jamie

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 08:18:46 pm »
forgot to mention, Im 18!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 08:22:32 pm »
your lucky only been using wfp a year and i have sore stiff neck at least once a week constant sore shoulder ,sore elbow and aching wrist sore eyes most days as well after its been sunny the only thing gets it easy now is my legs and knees and im only 30 years old still would not go back traditional though  ::)
Take ruta grav,get it over the counter at the chemists it helps strenghthen up tendons muscles etc.Take 3 30mg tablets at intervals during the day,like i say working WFP from day to day tightens up all the upper body muscles you don`t realise how tense you are i find it easier when i have it in my head to relax,a good massage from a chiropractor does wonders mate.

sean.w.c.s

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 08:23:04 pm »
my wife thought it was just me moaning  :) :) :)

i keep pulling my right side - rib area and my right shoulder aches. probably from 10 years of laddeing as my T Shirt is so threadbare on shoulder. now im wfp and now my knees dont hurt-its just everywhere else

NWH

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 08:23:10 pm »