mark dew

Re: Respect to Squeeky and other Trad Folks
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2006, 11:36:56 am »

But over an hour I can run up and down ladders going up 2 rungs at a time.

No wonder you went wfp. It was the survival instinct kicking in.  ;D

Archy136

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2006, 01:29:21 pm »
Just to be clear I have not earned £501.00 in a day myself, it would be nice if I did.

This is a freindly competion between freinds to see who holds the record for most earnings in a day on your own.

The young lad wanted to set a new record or benchmark and to be at the top of the tree for a long while. He says he will never do what he did that day because it took so much out of him. he could not work at that level day in day out. So the earnings are a one off. It was while he was working he decided to go for the record,It was a perfect day to clean windows, he felt fit and in the zone, and he said everything was going right,customers giving him money while he worked so no time lost waiting for them to find the purse. No snags with the hose or getting it trapped. windows quite clean to begin with so he could really wizz along.

He worked about 11 hours I think. But was absoultly wrecked  Physically when he got home. His hands and body where shaking when he got home with the energy he had expended.

But he has set a record that we or our group of w/c freinds know will last a long long time. That is between the small group of us.

But for me I think its an amazing amount of money to be able to earn from cleaning windows and one that should inspire you instead of getting a negative reaction.

For those who say money is not everything, I will agree, the young lad who set the record only works part time because he does something else with his time that he considers of greater value. He only works 2 days a week on average and on that particular day he did 2 days work in one day so it gave him more free time to pursue other intrests that week.

Personally I dont talk to friends about what I earn. I think that constitutes boasting. But on a faceless forum I just think its interesting to know what others are doing.

Archie

neil100

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2006, 02:30:17 pm »
I class myself has an honest sort of bloke like my mates. We have allways talked to each other about how much we earn a week or per day, an hour etc. I and we have never viewed it as boasting, if we did we would not do it, Its as Ian said in his post, Its great for motivating yourself.

We have all tried to be close together on how much we ask for jobs, its just that we have varied on how much we put up our prices and how often, You have to keep in mind that four of us have been cleaning for over 25 yrs. One lad whos been cleaning for 28 yrs and still trad, thats the dad I mentioned in an Earlier post on this thread,As not put up his prices for over 10 yrs and before then he did it infrequently, so allthough he had a cracking round 25 yrs ago it no longer holds true today. I have put my prices up every three years but compared to the chap whos been going 30 yrs he as put his prices up on a regular basis and still gets £25 an hour for trad work.

Which is fantastic considering hes now 60, but as anyone whos around the 50 yr old mark will tell you w/c trad is really really hard, it completly shatters you and does have an impact on the quality of your life.

For me going wfp as completly transformed how I work and how much money I now earn. It is a massive diffrence, the main one being besides more money is that I am no where near has tired, which is a horrible feeling.

I have posted on the forum before how much I have started to earn wfp to show for me any way it as made a massive diffrence switching from trad. I am now a bit more reluctant to say how much I earn as some memmbers consider it to be boasting or are taking it the wrong way which as never been my intention to do.

its nice to see others setting targets, I think other then the size of your round their is little else you can do other then setting a daily, weekly, quaterly, yearly target but it is only a Monetary target.

keep on trying to aim for the £1,000.00 weekly target Ian, you will get their. Its sweet when you do. I allways had that target in mind but I never Achieved it when I was Trad even when two of us worked together. I have broken it many times since going wfp, I suppose thats one of the reasons why I stick up for wfp because it works and lets you earn more money.

I would love every memmber on this forum to be able to earn 1grand a week, I think we deserve it, and to be honest if you price up correctly and have enough work everyone should be able to earn it.

Nel.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2006, 02:43:15 pm »
I class myself has an honest sort of bloke like my mates. We have allways talked to each other about how much we earn a week or per day, an hour etc. I and we have never viewed it as boasting, if we did we would not do it, Its as Ian said in his post, Its great for motivating yourself.

We have all tried to be close together on how much we ask for jobs, its just that we have varied on how much we put up our prices and how often, You have to keep in mind that four of us have been cleaning for over 25 yrs. One lad whos been cleaning for 28 yrs and still trad, thats the dad I mentioned in an Earlier post on this thread,As not put up his prices for over 10 yrs and before then he did it infrequently, so allthough he had a cracking round 25 yrs ago it no longer holds true today. I have put my prices up every three years but compared to the chap whos been going 30 yrs he as put his prices up on a regular basis and still gets £25 an hour for trad work.

Which is fantastic considering hes now 60, but as anyone whos around the 50 yr old mark will tell you w/c trad is really really hard, it completly shatters you and does have an impact on the quality of your life.

For me going wfp as completly transformed how I work and how much money I now earn. It is a massive diffrence, the main one being besides more money is that I am no where near has tired, which is a horrible feeling.

I have posted on the forum before how much I have started to earn wfp to show for me any way it as made a massive diffrence switching from trad. I am now a bit more reluctant to say how much I earn as some memmbers consider it to be boasting or are taking it the wrong way which as never been my intention to do.

its nice to see others setting targets, I think other then the size of your round their is little else you can do other then setting a daily, weekly, quaterly, yearly target but it is only a Monetary target.

keep on trying to aim for the £1,000.00 weekly target Ian, you will get their. Its sweet when you do. I allways had that target in mind but I never Achieved it when I was Trad even when two of us worked together. I have broken it many times since going wfp, I suppose thats one of the reasons why I stick up for wfp because it works and lets you earn more money.

I would love every memmber on this forum to be able to earn 1grand a week, I think we deserve it, and to be honest if you price up correctly and have enough work everyone should be able to earn it.

Nel.

That grand a week turnover target is my next financial goal.  It's not going to happen this year but maybe come next Spring/Summer I will be able to achieve it on some weeks.  Some of the less profitable work I have is still holding me back but as I gradually free myself from it and replace it with better paid work, the day will come when a grand a week is a pretty regular pccurence.  Not sure how long it will take to get there but if most of my business becomes like certain pockets of my business, I should be able to manage it eventually.
This would not have been possible for me without this forum.  It has really opened my eyes as to what can be achieved with effort and hard work.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2006, 03:05:31 pm »
If you are like Squeaks and happy to stay 100% trad then great, good for you, you are earning a living and obviously happy with your lot.

Respect to you all.

WFP isn't better than trad, but it can do easily as good a job in the right hands.

Ian

EXACTLY!!

In My Opinon:

WFP has transformed my window cleaning business.

It's easier.
I am earning more.
There are jobs I can do easily that I could hardly do Trad.

But...

I have lost customers because they don't like it.
It still niggs me that I leave the windows wet.

At the end of the day, I am in business to earn a living and to pay off the mortgage.  I am 45 ansd by the time I am 60 I want to owe NOTHING!!!
I have no time to play to other peoples wimms and preferences.  If they don't like WFP then fair enough.

I WILL FIGHT THRUOGH WITH WHAT I BEL:IEVE!!!!!
Just like Squeeky!!!!!!!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest