rosskesava

Re: Respect to Squeeky and other Trad Folks
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 12:23:43 am »
Hi Squeaks

It's each to his own and if yours is trad only then that is your choice. I can understand that just as I can understand someone being wfp only.

Somtimes I am puzzled by the competition between one and the other. Each has it's benifits and each has drawbacks.

What I find hard to understand is when someone posts something about either method that is simply just not true.

Rog, all power to your mop and squeegie. And your microfibre and your scrim. Trad is such a simple way of working.

One thing I dread each night is using our tds meter in case the tds is over 4 or 5. When we were trad only it was a case of filling up a few barrels of tap water and off we went each morning. How things have changed.

Cheers

neil100

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 12:24:37 am »
I would add Squeaks I am a very rich window cleaner. I am not boasting but just stating a fact.

I also play the stock market.

You comment like you do because you have a very insular viewpoint. I have never rubbished trad w/c, I just point out that theirs an alternative to running up and down a ladder.

The father and son is a good tale, I have just found out in the last half an hour that the dad is now going to invest in wfp, hes getting a trailer system. Why?

Hes watched his son, brother and nephew earn more money for less effort by going wfp. All of them speak highly of it so hes changing.

Hes also changing his price structure and is now canvassing for wfp work 60 miles away. Why? Because hes taken some advice from his son on how he should run a more proffesonial buisness, earn more money and be safer to boot.

If you cant see the good sense in that squeaks you leave me speechless.

Nel ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 08:05:48 am »
If it makes you more money then fine.
Won't make much difference to my round.
A lot of it's unsuitable anyway.

If you think all that bother is worth it, then that's fine too.
...and driving 60 miles.....glutton for punishment, don't care if it's 3 times the price. ::)

Can't be bothered to say any more on this thread.
You can't see that your opinion isn't everyone elses's.

glimmer man

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 08:26:28 am »
saying water feed pole makes you more money is just not a fact.All your explaination shows is that you and the old man in question are probably very slow trad window cleaners compared to the likes of squeeks.
my old boss was fully trad,four guys working together,two on ups two on down and he earned £200 pound per day.Do you really think he would of earned more with four wfp?
TONY

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 08:47:10 am »
Do you really think he would of earned more with four wfp?

TONY

Yes.

glimmer man

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 09:14:51 am »
i like your back up evidence of that statement tosh. all of three letters. like the response of a child when he knows he is bang to rights.may be you are talking a load of old TOSH ;D
TONY

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 09:53:14 am »
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S WOUND YOU UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion,

1. WFP is better all round for most W/c's

2. Glimmer man, can I just clarify your statement:
    The W/c you mention had 4 workers working together and earned £200 per day.
    Was that all together or £200 per worker ie £800 in total?

3. Be carefull what you boast about and what you knock - get your FACTS right

4. Yes Squeeks does tend to knock WFP.  In his eyes he is defending himself.

5. In MY case.  I am 45 been w/c 19yrs and SICK and TIRED of lugging ladders.
    My backpack and WFP has made my bind of a job much better.

David

P.S. We are ALL just good honest Window Cleaners!
Not Perfect - But Honest

glimmer man

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 10:14:24 am »
yes david you can clarify £200 pound profit per day in his pocket after paying wages and keeping his round going that works out at a grand per week profit.No outgoings except a bit of glimmer for the buckets and diesel for the car.After work all to be done was was scrim and applicators.In the morning all to be done was fill a few buckets. The guy hated ladders at his age of 55 so just employed people to do tops and just carried a bucket and did the down stairs and collected the bucks. i totally do think wfp is a good thing to use and totally safe and respect you guys that have invested in the kit and do a good job.All i do is defend the fact that it is not better than trad and does not make more money all the time.it is horses for courses and that is how i see it but some seem to think it is so cut and dry with wfp being "BETTER"
TONY

Fast 1 *

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 11:22:41 am »
Ladies,put down your water fed poles,your squeegees,your applicators and have a big group hug
wildstyles

Pj

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 11:36:52 am »
NO ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 11:43:50 am »
Ok
wildstyles

Fast 1 *

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 11:44:48 am »
Well then choose your weapons and fight to the death
wildstyles

jeff1

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
This Springs to mind again 

Hand Bags at Dawn  ::)

macc

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 03:12:38 pm »
If it makes you more money then fine.
Won't make much difference to my round.
A lot of it's unsuitable anyway.

If you think all that bother is worth it, then that's fine too.
...and driving 60 miles.....glutton for punishment, don't care if it's 3 times the price. ::)

Can't be bothered to say any more on this thread.
You can't see that your opinion isn't everyone elses's.

It seems to me Squeaky & Hedgehog cant see any further than the end of there arm ???.

Macc

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 03:30:28 pm »
right Time out ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :-X
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

brett walker

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 03:52:54 pm »
Respect for squeeky because he will fight for what he believes til the death and he comes out with some cracking replies ;D hes got a good sense of humour

Long live the king of trad squeeky 8)

This forum would have been really boring if wfp had'nt have been invented there wouldnt have been much to argue about :-X

Brett

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 04:08:47 pm »
Hi Squeaks

It's each to his own and if yours is trad only then that is your choice. I can understand that just as I can understand someone being wfp only.

Somtimes I am puzzled by the competition between one and the other. Each has it's benifits and each has drawbacks.

What I find hard to understand is when someone posts something about either method that is simply just not true.

Rog, all power to your mop and squeegie. And your microfibre and your scrim. Trad is such a simple way of working.

One thing I dread each night is using our tds meter in case the tds is over 4 or 5. When we were trad only it was a case of filling up a few barrels of tap water and off we went each morning. How things have changed.

Cheers

In fact there's a lot to be gained by helping each other whatever method used.  I've given work away in the past that I didn't want to a trad cleaner who put me onto work that he couldn't do safely.  We were both happy and so were the customers.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 04:30:05 pm »
As long as no newbie takes him seriously then I view Squeaky's comments about wfp as poorly-informed banter. A bit banal and wearing thin, but just humorous.

Simple analogy:- It's a bit like me telling you all why I would never use an aeroplane; and most of you thinking that really, behind it all I was just scared of flying. After a time my protestations would sound lame, especially to all of you who had flown regularly and had seen the benefits of it.
It's a game of three halves!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 04:39:39 pm »

just like Ian Giles or even Sir Trevor Knight... ;)

Did I miss this or have I said something to upset you Rog without even posting?

Sir ???

Oh well  :-\
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 04:47:01 pm »

Did I miss this or have I said something to upset you Rog without even posting?

Sir ???

Oh well  :-\

Perhaps it's a pun on your surname? :)
It's a game of three halves!