matty72

small vans for window cleaning
« on: September 22, 2023, 06:03:35 pm »
I know this has been discussed before I've had a look at the past chats, for those of you that have smaller vans just wanted to ask you, I've always had vaux vivaros buts its been in garage more than on the road this month, im looking at citroen berlingos i did have one when i first started, do poles fit without taking out bulk, can you get a days work done with a 450 tank,, is there space for ladders for gates, upright or flat tank whats best, any pics of set up, cheers

dd

Re: small vans for window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 06:20:45 pm »
The new ones go up to 1000kg payload, if you want more space they do a lwb version. This is probably what I would get if I ever replace my van.

matty72

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 06:24:29 pm »
yea payload looks good im looking at lwb

richard connett

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 06:37:39 pm »
Have a look at the caddy maxi. Room for poles and enough payload for a 500l and reliable

matty72

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 06:45:02 pm »
will do rich, cheers

DJW

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 07:26:27 pm »
I have a new SWB Toyota Proace City (Berlingo) and strapped a 450l tank in the back. 30’ pole fits diagonally easily. Longer pole could go through the bulkhead flap if need be. Hose reel on top of the tank. Prob need to put ladders on the roof.
Worked ok for a couple of weeks whilst my Hiace was off the road.

NBwcs

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 08:29:36 pm »
I know this has been discussed before I've had a look at the past chats, for those of you that have smaller vans just wanted to ask you, I've always had vaux vivaros buts its been in garage more than on the road this month, im looking at citroen berlingos i did have one when i first started, do poles fit without taking out bulk, can you get a days work done with a 450 tank,, is there space for ladders for gates, upright or flat tank whats best, any pics of set up, cheers

What sort of problems are you having with the vivaro?, I've just bought one, ex Bt.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 08:32:54 pm »
A few 1000kg payload small vans about now.

If getting a caddy avoid the 1.6 engine its rubbish, known for injector issues. Worst van I've had. Payloads are poop as well.

matty72

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 09:32:58 pm »
my first vivaro no probs, this one things gone wrong from the start, clutch just went didnt help i went to rubbish mechanic  the dpf keeps causing problems, the usual brake pads, had afew other smaller things, now theres a scrpaing noise at the front, i think brake pad or disc but im not surein the last 6 to 8 weeks costed me between 3 and 4 k, i think its just down to bad luck on this van, with the dpf they cleaned it out but i think its going to come back

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 09:46:28 pm »
my first vivaro no probs, this one things gone wrong from the start, clutch just went didnt help i went to rubbish mechanic  the dpf keeps causing problems, the usual brake pads, had afew other smaller things, now theres a scrpaing noise at the front, i think brake pad or disc but im not surein the last 6 to 8 weeks costed me between 3 and 4 k, i think its just down to bad luck on this van, with the dpf they cleaned it out but i think its going to come back

You can have the DPF blanked off that will permanently solve the problem I had it done on one of my vans years ago

matty72

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 09:48:55 pm »
whats that splash, i will look it up cheers

matty72

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 09:49:33 pm »
anyone work full time out of a swb, how you fit everything ok

NBwcs

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 09:50:22 pm »

i was talking to my mechanic about any potential pitfalls with the vivaro and he  mentioned the dpf because he knows the furthest i travel is about 3 miles  but said pretty much all newer vans have the same problem, the dpf just doesnt  like continual short journeys so going to have to use it more for personal use and give it a good run.

matty72

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 09:54:59 pm »
yea give it a good run every 300 to 400 miles i was trying to do that but kept doing the problem still might have to do more often, splash blocking the dpv is illegal but i might still consider if i can find someone to do it :(

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 10:01:48 pm »
whats that splash, i will look it up cheers

They remove the core of the DPF and put a solid metal plate in there so it’s blanked off , it will still pass an MOT fine most smaller garages will do this , it’s cost effective for you as the owner of the van but not fir the garage as you will never have to have it done again . I had mine changed a couple of times until I heard about this  modification . 

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 10:05:31 pm »

You can have the DPF blanked off that will permanently solve the problem I had it done on one of my vans years ago

Apologies ime getting DPF and  EGR valves mixed up , it was the EGR  valve that’s blanked off , but think you can also do similar with the DPF

DJW

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 10:10:35 pm »
I would check on the dpf blanking if I were you.
I was told by an MOT tester if they spot it it’s an immediate failure. Apparently they are tightening up on emissions.
If you blank the egr valve then the engine needs to be remapped.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2023, 10:13:50 pm »

i was talking to my mechanic about any potential pitfalls with the vivaro and he  mentioned the dpf because he knows the furthest i travel is about 3 miles  but said pretty much all newer vans have the same problem, the dpf just doesnt  like continual short journeys so going to have to use it more for personal use and give it a good run.

Euro 6 vans with add blue don’t suffer from this problem or at least none of mine have since changing

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2023, 10:18:12 pm »
I would check on the dpf blanking if I were you.
I was told by an MOT tester if they spot it it’s an immediate failure. Apparently they are tightening up on emissions.
If you blank the egr valve then the engine needs to be remapped.

Don’t fully understand it all but mine weren’t re mapped they just took the internal bits out of the valve and put in a blanking plate had the van for a further 6 years and never had any more problems with it , not saying it’s right but you can buy  exhaust parts that don't have the DPFin them they are empty and again provided the engine is ok and not knackerd it will pass an MOT no problem or at least that was the case a few years ago

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2023, 10:27:34 pm »
Here you go , also a product called cat a clean is quite good to remove deposit build up it costs around £10 a bottle friends have used it with good results