Cookie

Brodex - Raptor Carbon Fibre Poles
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:55:53 pm »
Did anyone else receive an e-mail from Brodex this week about their new poles?

https://brodexbms.co.uk/product/raptor-carbon-fibre-poles/

It says POLES WILL BE DISPATCHED IN 3-4 WEEKS DUE TO HIGH DEMAND - just wondering whether this is marketing spin..... Has anyone ordered one?

I've only ever used Gardiner poles.

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Brodex - Raptor Carbon Fibre Poles
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:58:38 pm »
Maybe a cash flow issue?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »
I had an email and just had a brief look at the 25ft carbon fibre one.

It is £30 (ex vat) less than an SLX and lighter according to the spec. tables.

Not as light as an extreme of course.

For me I would want to hear others experiences for a couple of years before I considered one.
It's a game of three halves!

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:35 pm »
I would never believe what brodex says..even when you order the 25ft version of it if you look lower down in small writing its says 25ft reach so probably not actually a 25ft pole so who knows what the exact size of the pole is.  Why companies still do this is beyond me except probably  to initially make the pole look good against the main competition  that actually give you the exact size of pole and an idea of reach.

As you can see in the above post someone has already fallen for it, but you cant blame Mr Gold he is getting on a bit  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 06:26:15 pm »
Just reporting not supporting Peewee!

Note: "according to the tables".

;D
It's a game of three halves!

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 06:27:07 pm »
Does calling window cleaning products like the Ninja, Gunslinger and Raptor make users feel sexy when they use them?

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 07:00:42 pm »
Maybe a cash flow issue?

Exactly!

They will be using your cash to buy stock and then sell it to you at a profit.

What happens if they go bankrupt with your money and no poles sent out? You get treated like all their creditors and get pennies in the pound when the business is sorted out. Meantime they pop up under a new name and use your cash as operating capital.

Even if it was the best pole in the world, I would never pay cash for one with a lead time of 3 to 4 weeks, especially from Brodex. They've had my business once and tried hard to shaft me. Those were the early days when I didn't know better.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 07:39:00 pm »
Maybe a cash flow issue?

Exactly!

What happens if they go bankrupt with your money and no poles sent out? You get treated like all their creditors and get pennies in the pound when the business is sorted out. Meantime they pop up under a new name and use your cash as operating capital.

Even if it was the best pole in the world, I would never pay cash for one with a lead time of 3 to 4 weeks, especially from Brodex. They've had my business once and tried hard to shaft me. Those were the early days when I didn't know better.

Brodex went bankrupt before.

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 07:41:25 pm »
Brodex actually rang me the other day ( I don’t know how or why they had my number)
Asking me if I’m happy with my poles , van system & water purification equipment and is there anything they could offer me.
( I haven’t got a brodex system btw) , I just said thanks but no thanks I’m happy with what Iv got

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 08:33:01 pm »
Brodex have got such an awfull reputation, who is going to buy one of these ?

especially with the new ova8 and phantoms out!

never used brodex, but i wouldnt touch them, heard too many bad reviews.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 08:38:55 pm »
Brodex actually rang me the other day ( I don’t know how or why they had my number)
Asking me if I’m happy with my poles , van system & water purification equipment and is there anything they could offer me.
( I haven’t got a brodex system btw) , I just said thanks but no thanks I’m happy with what Iv got

Yes that's exactly the problem.. They seem to put all their recourses into sales technics leaving nothing for after sales service after seeing all the comments over the years.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 09:46:06 pm »
Maybe a cash flow issue?

Exactly!

Brodex went bankrupt before.

Is that a question or a statement? ;D

John Mart

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 10:06:11 pm »
My understanding is that they have been under new management for a while an worked hard to improve service. I nearly went with them for three van systems but opted for Pure Freedom in the end.

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 10:33:36 pm »
My understanding is that they have been under new management for a while an worked hard to improve service. I nearly went with them for three van systems but opted for Pure Freedom in the end.

I suspect its the same squad as they're still up to their old tricks of selling poles on reach length instead of actual length, they are a bunch of idiots who never learn from past mistakes.

Marc Stock

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 11:01:00 pm »
Brodex unfortunately will never be able to shake off the bad reputation they built up for themselves.

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 11:02:55 pm »
Brodex unfortunately will never be able to shake off the bad reputation they built up for themselves.
How can you be so sure and why is it unfortunate?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Cookie

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 11:07:56 pm »

If they're under new management & they're trying to improve customer service I don't understand why they don't re-brand & give themselves a new name.

The actual equipment looks quite good on their website - although the Google reviews don't seem to be as good as those of other WFP suppliers. If I was based around Liverpool I might just give them a shot.

John Mart

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 06:10:34 am »

I suspect its the same squad as they're still up to their old tricks of selling poles on reach length instead of actual length, they are a bunch of idiots who never learn from past mistakes.
I looked and the sheet said 5 sections and a closed length of 4.96 feet. It’gonna be 25 foot with a brush on the end I would think.

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 07:12:39 am »

If they're under new management & they're trying to improve customer service I don't understand why they don't re-brand & give themselves a new name.

The actual equipment looks quite good on their website - although the Google reviews don't seem to be as good as those of other WFP suppliers. If I was based around Liverpool I might just give them a shot.

Sounds like you could get drawn into their vortex Cookie.  Careful, once you are drawn in its a downward spiral. You aren't an employee of Brodex by any chance are you?  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 07:13:34 am »

I looked and the sheet said 5 sections and a closed length of 4.96 feet. It’gonna be 25 foot with a brush on the end I would think.

Does the closed length also include brush head?  If so the brush head can't be multipled by 5 only the pole sections minus overlap.   So maybe it's a 25ft reach when held.