NWH

Re: Taking on a part timer - 2 mornings a week
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 05:23:42 pm »
Out of curiosity what is the going rate for a days work for an employeee window cleaner!??

Because at the end of the day he or she is just that an emoloyee!!  I know cleaners self employed who charge between 10 n 20 and hour!!  and they are self employed and get asked to clean windows for their employers.
So is it really wrong to pay a going hourly rate the same as most employed people receive and like most employers you can set incentives and disciplinary rules in play as well which shows your being serious about this yourself as an employer!
Most down south will pay 100 a day if there working with them more if on there own although most down here with enough work to think about employing full time will be about to go VAT registered,silly quick on jobs with 2 on the pole I've had help on big domestics using 2 vans 1 doing back and a side me doing a side and the front,almost embarrassing knocking for the money. It's all relative to which part of the country we are in you couldn't expect to pay £8 an hour if you were able to clean upwards of £500s worth of work  regularly with 2 of you unless his name was bob cratchet.

Shrek

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 05:52:02 pm »
Out of curiosity what is the going rate for a days work for an employeee window cleaner!??

Because at the end of the day he or she is just that an emoloyee!!  I know cleaners self employed who charge between 10 n 20 and hour!!  and they are self employed and get asked to clean windows for their employers.
So is it really wrong to pay a going hourly rate the same as most employed people receive and like most employers you can set incentives and disciplinary rules in play as well which shows your being serious about this yourself as an employer!
Most down south will pay 100 a day if there working with them more if on there own although most down here with enough work to think about employing full time will be about to go VAT registered,silly quick on jobs with 2 on the pole I've had help on big domestics using 2 vans 1 doing back and a side me doing a side and the front,almost embarrassing knocking for the money. It's all relative to which part of the country we are in you couldn't expect to pay £8 an hour if you were able to clean upwards of £500s worth of work  regularly with 2 of you unless his name was bob cratchet.

Exactly, it's all relevant- I don't clean 500 a day ,
So on your sums - 500 in a day , your paying someone 20p for every £1 you earn( £100 a day )
If I do 250 in a day , il be paying 25p for every £1 I earn (£64 a day)

NWH

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:03 pm »
I said 100 minimum on an employee basis so you don't or can't work you still get paid you have 4 weeks off and bank holidays you still get paid,you get on average 25k a year before overtime or weekends worked. Look into it in more detail you'll see far more will be going into it rather than paying someone a few quid cash in hand for a couple of days work each week far more. I was doing the same with someone 15 odd years ago it was going knowwhere for him or me if you want to employ these days properly it will cost you as the employer you will need to earn far more than someone's wages to make it pay this is why people trip up when they do the sums.Its a big decision employing if your plodding along doing 50k if you want to employ and pay a decent wage and keep em you'll definitely be over and above the VAT level and be needing to be turning over above 100k to end up with your normal income + a profit after expenses with your extra costs. So pound for pound I don't really think you can compare a couple of days cash in hand to employing to the letter.

Slacky

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:14 am »
The last fella I had working for me had a couple or so days a week guaranteed work. It took him 3 months before he got a better offer, i.e. more hours.

Understandable he took it.

Shrek

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »
I said 100 minimum on an employee basis so you don't or can't work you still get paid you have 4 weeks off and bank holidays you still get paid,you get on average 25k a year before overtime or weekends worked. Look into it in more detail you'll see far more will be going into it rather than paying someone a few quid cash in hand for a couple of days work each week far more. I was doing the same with someone 15 odd years ago it was going knowwhere for him or me if you want to employ these days properly it will cost you as the employer you will need to earn far more than someone's wages to make it pay this is why people trip up when they do the sums.Its a big decision employing if your plodding along doing 50k if you want to employ and pay a decent wage and keep em you'll definitely be over and above the VAT level and be needing to be turning over above 100k to end up with your normal income + a profit after expenses with your extra costs. So pound for pound I don't really think you can compare a couple of days cash in hand to employing to the letter.

If you read my post , you would've seen I said he can only do 2 mornings a week . Also i said I wanted to do it properly, no where have I said it's a cash in hand job so where did you get that from?
I'm not going to offer someone a a top pay package straight away when they don't even know how to hold a pole.
Your waffling on for no reason, saying I should be paying someone the same wage as what a windy earns in London- ridiculous. 

NWH

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 06:59:28 pm »
£8 an hour doing any manual labour in my opinion is far to low.