supernova77

Re: any ideas what you would do????
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:53 am »
why dont you just clean the windows on thursday the day before  and get your money back that way

Thats what I would do...

---

At the end of the day its £380 that you are talking about... By the time you've typed up a letter, posted it through all the letterboxes, been to citizens advice, and contacted the police you could have earnt money cleaning windows!

So... Go on Thursday and clean the windows and collect that evening... And then try and do the same the following month.

Andy

master cleaner

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 07:58:45 pm »
i would also clean them on thursday and when i asked for payment i would make sure you used the book you have so that the customer could see that you have it,

then call and see them on monday night to see if everything is ok with their windows that way if the other window cleaner doesnt clean them you will know
you will soon get the £300 back this way

gary

welmac

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 08:50:04 pm »
the windows were only cleaned a fortnight ago, so i dont know what the customers are gunna think to him returning when he has told them hes sold it on and hows he gunna explain them getting the windows done fortnightly  ???

im going to type up a letter and get it sent off to him and see what happens.

normally i wouldnt buy work, but as said i knew this guy beforehand and thought i would be ok  :-[

anyway............

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 09:01:51 pm »
With everything that has been posted I think the best way forward is this:

1) Letter to customers as I suggested.
2) Tell him it is with your solicitor like Jinky said.
3) Make sure you KEEP the book.

Hope it works out for you.

regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

welmac

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:11:04 pm »
With everything that has been posted I think the best way forward is this:

1) Letter to customers as I suggested.
2) Tell him it is with your solicitor like Jinky said.
3) Make sure you KEEP the book.
Hope it works out for you.

that book aint going nowhere!!!!!!!!!! ;D

gsw

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 09:32:58 pm »
dump a packet of path clear crystals on his front lawn one night just before rain is expected....a new lawn should stand him in at about £300....nothing will grow there for six months......so it could be a few new loads of turf before he works it out!!!!

then put it down to experience!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 09:50:38 pm »
Just had a read of this thread for the first time and to be honest, if you are willing to hand over £1000 or more for a round that you have never seen or surveyed, never been introduced to the customers of, and in essence never fully quantified what you were buying, then I am sorry to say it but you have only got yourself to blame.

I hope you do get sorted out with this person, but to be honest I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best of luck and if nothing else we should all learn by your mistakes and misfortune.

I have only ever bought one round, similar in size to yours, but I went round every house with the lad, introduced myself to all the customers and knew exactly what I was buying into before parting with the money.

macc

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 10:46:59 pm »

I have only ever bought one round, similar in size to yours, but I went round every house with the lad, introduced myself to all the customers and knew exactly what I was buying into before parting with the money.

Dont you think its a bit sad we have to watch our backs, dot the eyes & cross the tees. i wouldnt expect or hope not to get riped off & i wouldnt do it to some one else. in my oppinion the guy is a magot.

Good luck sorting it Welmac

Macc

Ian Rochester

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 06:26:34 am »
I agree it is a bit sad, however, there is always someone out there who will try and take your money by promising things that aren't true.

That's life unfortunately!

bluesteve

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 09:04:49 pm »
excuse me for my ignorance  what are clear crystals?
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

007 or what

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 08:00:30 am »
what are clear crystals?

welmac

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 08:38:47 am »
normally i wouldnt hand over any money untill i had met everyone, but as i knew this pewrson i thought i was safe  :-[

anyway, update:-

i sent him a letter that he got thursday, stating that i was taking him to court on the grounds of "misrepresentation" and "theft". guess what............about 12.30 i receive a text message offering me some of my money back (not all of it, but its a start!).

i think he knows he doesnt have a leg to stand on, so is starting to panick a bit know.

as i said before its not the amount of money, at the end of the day its only £300. its the fact that some people seem to think they can just take your money for nothing!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Trevor Knight

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 09:37:54 am »
Nice one!!!!

Make sure you get it all back, I know its about the principle but money is money.

best wishes,

Trev

gsw

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 08:08:12 pm »
sorry i had a few beers, "path clear" crystals.(or weedol)...is what i meant to say, very effective on clearing anything that grows green! for 6 months

Londoner

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 06:45:56 am »
You could always report him to the taxman. If he's as dodgy as he seems its a pound to a penny he's not paying tax.
It won't solve your problem but it will make you feel better and it will give him something to think about.

welmac

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 11:09:03 am »
You could always report him to the taxman. If he's as dodgy as he seems its a pound to a penny he's not paying tax.
It won't solve your problem but it will make you feel better and it will give him something to think about.

well at his own admission this round is "pocket money" for him :o

TBH i just want to get back my money and then have nowt to do with the guy.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 02:01:41 pm »
Hi Welmac,

Send another letter today,

Dear........

Further to my previous latter dated....

I am writing to you to inform you that unless payment in full is made to my office by 14.00 on Friday 23rd June 2006 I will instruct my solicitor to commence legal proceedings to recover the amount outstanding. If this matter cannot be resolved then I will not hesitate to commence court proceedings for the amount outstanding along with any costs incurred.

I look forward to receiving your payment at which point I will return your book along with any other records referring to your round.

Yours sincerely,

You will have to keep at him otherwise he will think you will just go away.

If need be go to the local county court, get a small claims form and send it to him, he will se you mean business.

This will cost you next to nothing.

Keep going, it will be worth it in the end.

Best wishes,

Trev

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 04:57:06 pm »
Why not cut the cr*p and just kill him.  Video it and post it on here so we can have a laugh.
What?  Who said I've got no sense of proportion? :)

Malcal

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 05:27:27 pm »
Benefit fraud hotline would also be a good idea.
Best of luck regards Mal

gaza

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2006, 09:27:06 pm »
get your money back, then give him a dentist bill to boot ;)

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO