Darren O

Facelift red rubbers
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:38:56 pm »
Is anybody having any bother with these I've only been using them a few months the first lot I got were great but the last batch are crap leaving lines all over windows phoned WCW they said they've never had any complaints about them maybe it's just my imagination.

chris turner

Re: Facelift red rubbers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:56 pm »
Wcw are lying as they know full well about the rubbers.
They are crap and as you say leave lines on the glass. They also stick to certain glass types leaving horrible smears.

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:39:32 pm »
That's good to no Chris basically the lied through there teeth to me today I've spent a fortune with them over the years won't be buying anything else from them now.

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 05:54:43 pm »
No we had problem with them and decided not to use those rubbers again. Screefix has opend in town so we can just click N collect on way to work

chris turner

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »
No we had problem with them and decided not to use those rubbers again. Screefix has opend in town so we can just click N collect on way to work

Do screwfix sell squeegee rubber?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:29:21 pm »

Unger I think which I hate!!

I'm liking the ettore rubbers at the mo 8)

andyM

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:34:59 pm »

Yeah Unger.
Homebase used to sell them too, don't know if they still do?
One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:36:39 pm »
I hated unger for rubbers as well. Like their poles for trad work and the mops and that was about it really, oh and the pouches  ;D.

I always used pulex hard rubber, for me no other rubber came close. But i would change them every 2months, not that they really needed it but they just lost that edge  that you get when new. If u know what i mean

Because i dont blade much at all now, i just picked up a handful of pre cut rubbers from my local BnQ. There not great, but for the odd bungalow i use squegee on its not bad
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stephen Fox

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 08:18:49 pm »
Is anybody having any bother with these I've only been using them a few months the first lot I got were great but the last batch are crap leaving lines all over windows phoned WCW they said they've never had any complaints about them maybe it's just my imagination.

Darren, I'm pretty sure nobody said 'we've never had complaints' or 'maybe it's your imagination' not from the conversations I've ever overheard. If the rubber is leaving lines, it's leaving lines.  We sell thousands of pieces of RazrRed rubber every month and we do occasionally have some customers saying 'they weren't the same as the last lot',  but we've never changed compounded or factory.

In fact I did hear a conversation with someone, maybe yourself (?) questioning the rubber today, we pretty much always offer a full refund if the customer is not happy on any unused rubber, and we did in this case. I can assure you the standard is the same as its always been, maybe a weather/temp issue? but definitely not across the board. The % of Razr Rubber complaints is in the 0.001 percentile.

the king

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 08:34:52 pm »
1st batch very good for me then the second batch was naff leving lines then a few months later got given a razer red buy bladerite they said its there number one selling rubber so tryed it and what a suprize lines every were lol so dont use them any more i use ettore now or some times have a change and use lewi but they dont last as long as ettore

Stephen Fox

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 08:40:13 pm »
King, 

I'm not sure why this has been your experience, would love to know further details for the reasons behind it. It's very unusual that's for sure, as we would never have repeat business if this was the norm and it's the most popular rubber we sell. :(

Darren O

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 08:44:30 pm »
Stephen I can assure you the girl said we've NEVER had complaints FACT she then said we got loads of emails saying how great they are at no point was I offered a refund to be honest I wasn't looking for a refund I just thought it was a dodgy batch or something but I am rather pi$$ed of now when yous new fine well there was a problem.

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 08:48:01 pm »
I can assure you the standard is the same as its always been, maybe a weather/temp issue? but definitely not across the board.
Could be.
When it's cold or damp or both water can run from the back of the rubber back on to the glass and leave lines.
Or if the windows are really bad- we had Storm Doris last week- if you don't break down the dirt on the glass you will leave smears or lines/kicks.
I've never used the red but if the compound just isn't that soft it can be difficult to work with in colder weather.
The answer is to use Ettore. It's easily the best I've used.
I might try some of that SPC next. It's silicone and not rubber so the weather won't affect it as much.
A bit pricey though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Darren O

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 08:50:35 pm »
I've been using a squeegee for 27 years I no a duff rubber when I see one G Griffin I stay in Scotland its always cold and damp

Stephen Fox

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 09:05:30 pm »
Stephen I can assure you the girl said we've NEVER had complaints FACT she then said we got loads of emails saying how great they are at no point was I offered a refund to be honest I wasn't looking for a refund I just thought it was a dodgy batch or something but I am rather pi$$ed of now when yous new fine well there was a problem.

Darren, was this phone call today?

I'm not sure where you've got the inclination we knew 'very well there was a problem' as this is not the case at all, I can honestly say that. The reason i questioned this statement is that we sent out email only last week to a few thousand customers for feedback on the Razr Rubber . The overwhelming majority was positive, if there was a standout problem this would of flagged up straight away.  Of course there are some who do not like the Razr Red , the same way they do not like a certain brand of squeegee or water fed pole for whatever reason  and prefer to stick to their own brand of choice.

Please send what ever you have left for a refund and for us to look at.

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 09:11:56 pm »
I bought some ages ago and couldn't use them at all - lines all over the glass, tried cleaning them, different soaps, gave up in the end and chucked them in the garage.

Funny thing is My normal rubbers Unger and Pulex started doing the same thing recently. I put one of my duff razor reds back on and it worked well. Insides.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 09:25:35 pm »
I bought some ages ago and couldn't use them at all - lines all over the glass, tried cleaning them, different soaps, gave up in the end and chucked them in the garage.

Funny thing is My normal rubbers Unger and Pulex started doing the same thing recently. I put one of my duff razor reds back on and it worked well. Insides.

I wonder if it's a cold temp issue...? Obviously internal would be warmer I guess and the problem seems to have gone?

NWH

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 09:28:01 pm »
If you use a liquidator you need a harder rubber or the way it cleans will kill a soft,ettore are imo by far the best but don't last I use this rubber on plastic windows and a harder one on older frames that may damage the softer rubber. You can do 1 window with a top quality soft rubber and ruin it in seconds if it gets a nick in it.

Darren O

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 09:29:39 pm »
Yes Stephen the phone call was today the first 4 rubbers I bought from you was about 6 weeks ago the first 2 rubbers were great the best I've ever used the rest have been really bad couldn't use them they were that bad I am just disappointed now I have to go back to ettore again as they don't last very long.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:56 pm »
I've never had a problem with etoree rubbers ever they are the gold standard,if they lasted longer no one would switch,i do so few traditional jobs these days a pack of 10 blades last easily a year cutting them down for smaller squeegees.

Darren O

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 09:33:43 pm »
Don't no if its anything to do with this but there's like black specs coming through the rubber

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 10:34:35 pm »
unger soft and pulex have always served me well over the years.ive never felt the need to try any others.
price higher/work harder!

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 10:37:08 am »
 Another update just tried the last 2 rubbers this morning 1 of them wasn't to bad but still left slight lines the other 1 was terrible on both rubbers there's loads of black lines and speks coming through the red the first batch I got that didn't happen till a couple of weeks of heavy use so its back to ettore.

mark15

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:31 pm »
I very nearly bought some of these this week but now I'm unsure.... think ettore now

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »
I use ettore they're great

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 08:55:48 pm »

Yes. Uger  ONES No post N packaging

Simon Trapani

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 10:24:28 pm »
Unger Soft for me...Always.