Cookie

I've been asked to clean the windows on a community hall twice yearly. This includes cleaning the insides of 5 large windows (see photo). What's the best way of cleaning the insides? Would you recommend any of these high level internal cleaning kits (eg: Unger Stingray)? Or am I better just doing it trad off an OptiLoc pole or something similar?

8weekly

Re: Cleaning High Level Internal Windows - How Would You Clean Them?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:13:27 pm »
Are ladders not allowed? Or inaccessible?

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 07:19:51 pm »
Are ladders not allowed? Or inaccessible?
It might be do-able however I think it's going to be difficult to position the ladder. The windows are recessed (from the inside) and there are curtain poles where I would expect place the ladder. I'm just exploring other options ....

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:21:43 pm »
for the georgian windows inside id use a small trad pole for the top half and a swivel T mop to soap up the windows,then a small squeegee blade,followed by a microfibre in a fixiclamp if the windows were dirty.if their not too bad id just dab the T mop on each pane and buff up with a dry microfibre.
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:29:09 pm »
Trad pole as said, vikan easy shine pad

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »
I have a full unger pad system and stingray kit if you are near bedfordshire.............

Which you can borrow, not have  ;)

Blackadder

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 07:45:49 pm »
I've been asked to clean the windows on a community hall twice yearly. This includes cleaning the insides of 5 large windows (see photo). What's the best way of cleaning the insides? Would you recommend any of these high level internal cleaning kits (eg: Unger Stingray)? Or am I better just doing it trad off an OptiLoc pole or something similar?

I bought a set of 8 step sturdy stepladders last week for a similar job from BPS ladders for a job just like that, they are excellent.

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 07:57:46 pm »
Have you tried asking a window cleaner to do them?

;D

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Cookie

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 09:04:08 pm »
Thanks all for your advice.

I have a full unger pad system and stingray kit if you are near bedfordshire.............

Which you can borrow, not have  ;)

I'm in Pembrokeshire so 200+ miles away from Bedfordshire. But thanks for the offer ....

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 03:08:44 pm »

;D

;D ;D ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 03:12:19 pm »
Trad off a ladder or trad via extension pole. Looks a simple straight forward job.

mgba_78

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 03:25:20 pm »
We do a community hall with very similar windows.
Trad gear and an extendable pole does the trick, not too much water solution on the mop makes it a tad easier i find
Oooooo that is shiny!!

CleanClear

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 05:53:35 pm »
Point ladder, A-Frame ladder whatever you wanna call it.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Cookie

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »
Thanks all.

;D

;D ;D ;D

Can't find any good window cleaners round my way! They'll just have to put up with me!  ;D

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 06:09:08 pm »
Point ladder, A-Frame ladder whatever you wanna call it.
+1
In fact, one of these may even do it
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/4x3-step-multi-function-folding-ladder-with-platform-356m-n74ka
just bought one myself as they are on offer £20 off, fits in the back of my pickup now instead of unstrapping a ladder off the roof rack, very versatile and even comes with work platforms inc so you could use as a trestle and stand on it to work  - for the occasional job I need it for its just the job  ;)

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 06:57:04 pm »

;D
Do you know any good window cleaners Ross ?  ;D

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 10:38:15 pm »
I would use an ext pole take off the plastic end cap and push on an aluminum flat mop frame the type with velcro strips which are available in different widths, then using good quality microfiber glass cloths i would first clean the glass with a damp microfiber cloth which will grip across the velcro strips these aluminum flat mop frames are shaped to clean tight into top and side edges and into corners, then take off the damp cloth and lay a dry microfiber cloth which again will grip across the velcro strips and proceed to polish off for a smear free finish, using high quality microfiber glass cloths are far more effective than using microfiber glass mop pads.
And no it dose not need to be little waffle glass cloths.
For high internals this method is quicker and more effective than using an applicator and squeegee on an ext pole. this method also has the benefits of no spills and splashes to wipe up after each window has been cleaned.

lee_dewing

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 10:06:26 am »
Cookie, I bought the unger indoors kit.

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-indoor-window-cleaning-kit.html

But wish I'd of spoke to  Tadgh first he sells pole described 17 euros, only got yesterday so not used but very pleased with it quality item.

The only thing I noticed is unger pads stick like glue as pads have Velcro and so does pad on back.
Found the unger smooth pad does not glide very well over glass when fixed to pole.

Pole from Tadgh has a locking clip so you have more options on how pole head moves.

Only tried waffle clothes from Tadgh yesterday but 1st impressions are very good.
Washed them in the sink with some daz powder, dried out very quickly on the radiator.

Also got some hand pads from Tadgh.
What others call magic sponges.
Hand pads were great, did an internal clean yesterday and used on the glass as recommend for deep cleaning no razor nessercary.

Removed paint, stickers off glass went over a couple of the outside upstairs window ledges leaning out, ledges were very grey come up nearly new no chemicals :o

Good luck Cookie
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Positivity

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 04:51:26 pm »
Where's these High Level windows?
It looks like a bungalow to me!
There's only 24 panes on each of those windows.
A clean 'A' point ladder inside and you've have them cleaned in a few minutes.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 12:56:07 am »
Cookie, I bought the unger indoors kit.

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-indoor-window-cleaning-kit.html

But wish I'd of spoke to  Tadgh first he sells pole described 17 euros, only got yesterday so not used but very pleased with it quality item.

The only thing I noticed is unger pads stick like glue as pads have Velcro and so does pad on back.
Found the unger smooth pad does not glide very well over glass when fixed to pole.

Pole from Tadgh has a locking clip so you have more options on how pole head moves.

Only tried waffle clothes from Tadgh yesterday but 1st impressions are very good.
Washed them in the sink with some daz powder, dried out very quickly on the radiator.

Also got some hand pads from Tadgh.
What others call magic sponges.
Hand pads were great, did an internal clean yesterday and used on the glass as recommend for deep cleaning no razor nessercary.

Removed paint, stickers off glass went over a couple of the outside upstairs window ledges leaning out, ledges were very grey come up nearly new no chemicals :o

Good luck Cookie
  Hi Lee, looking good so far and yes you are on the ball using microfiber glass mop pads do tend to stick to the glass which makes it more awkward when cleaning internals. Trust me when you get into the knack of using good quality microfiber glass cloths in combination with aluminum mop frames you will never go back to using glass microfiber mop pads as there are so many benefits to using good quality glass microfiber cleaning cloths.  Tadgh