benny donnelly

Motivation
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »
Anyone esle lacking motivation and i mean proper lacking it?

I am lacking motivation big time at the minute, just hit a bloody wall and bored out of my tree with this

And suppose the best part is i should have nothing to complain about work is going well, very well infact considering possibly employing even but I just am losing interest by the minute

Been trying to keep going with the whole employing thing, got a new van, went on a holiday etc all to try refresh myself but here I am again back to square one

Id normally say I need a good aul kick up the ass to get me going! But even a few of them i doubt would help

Thank god its the weekend, im taking it all off till Monday going on a wee road trip see if im mad and raring to go Tuesday when im back lol

Thr-windowcleaning

Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 05:25:56 pm »
Set yourself a personal challenge (enter a marathon , buy a guitar, etc), get on your way to achieving it, and it will have a knock on effect with everything else.

Mick Kent

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 05:28:42 pm »
Great advice, get yourself  a brass at the end of the week if you hit targets..happy ending to every week   ;D

No seriously, motivation is hard to get back in our game when its gone but if you stay positive and not overwork yourself your mojo will come back and you will be better than ever before...

You will be ok, stay at it and get your mojo back mate.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »
250,000 it could be you 💩💩💩💩💩💩

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 06:53:14 pm »
no i dont generally lack motivation these days.ive just spent the last week painting and decorating my flat so ive had a full week off.

im looking forward to getting back to window cleaning on monday to escape the paint fumes! ;D
price higher/work harder!

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »
Sometimes rewarding yourself with something can help motivate you treat yourself to something you wouldn't. Normally like a watch,motorbike,nice car something for yourself and to mark your success.

I to get very bored with window cleaning its up there with watching paint  dry but I like the chase of going for big jobs ,the chase of it and the winning of a decent contract as sad as it is excites me.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »
I still get excited about picking up a new customer and i started cleaning in 2001 !

Most people have to work, so whatever i have done in life i have given it 110%

Now that i am comfortable with work i am enjoying window cleaning even more.

Selling off areas i don't want, showed a guy round a small patch of 60 houses and already got a deposit :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 07:52:14 pm »
For me, the worst thing I can do is take a holiday - I don't want to come back and dread the boring mundane job. Nice weather helps, nice customers help even more.
Sick of the non payers with their stupid excuses and late commercial payers.

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 07:55:53 pm »
I've started boxing training over the last couple of months. Despite the physical benefits, my motivation and general mental well being have risen tremendously. Perhaps some good exercise might help. Needs to be something you enjoy.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Phil J

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 08:35:03 pm »
Having a mortgage to pay and 2 kids at University is motivation enough!

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 08:09:43 am »
mine comes and goes and I used to worry when I didn't feel motivated 100% all of the time then I realised it didn't matter and were not supposed to be mad for it all of the time cos we all be power crazy adrenaline junkies if we were.

I read some sensible advice that Tosh posted a while back it went along the lines of when ur not motivated just go out and do 3 houses and most times you will carry on after number 3.

I used to set myself massive daily targets which would eventually burn me out and effect long term results so nowadays I have a sensible target .. hit it and go home / gym and relax a little about the job

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »
Youre not supposed to feel motivated all the time.

whether its work, hobbies, a passion, anything in life.

Thats not how it works, motivation along with feelings and come and go just as day and night does, its the way of the world, the key is not to feed into it, when your super motivated make the most of it, when your not motivated just plough on, it will return

Motivation is a lie, the only thing that matters is commitment. When you have commitment to do the thing regardless motivation doesnt come into it. Like going to the gym, who wants to go to the gym? but you just go because you know why you are going

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 10:25:58 am »
Youre not supposed to feel motivated all the time.

whether its work, hobbies, a passion, anything in life.

Thats not how it works, motivation along with feelings and come and go just as day and night does, its the way of the world, the key is not to feed into it, when your super motivated make the most of it, when your not motivated just plough on, it will return

Motivation is a lie, the only thing that matters is commitment. When you have commitment to do the thing regardless motivation doesnt come into it. Like going to the gym, who wants to go to the gym? but you just go because you know why you are going

I love going to the gym and have done so for over 10 years!

kempy

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 10:30:44 am »
In every job persons go through boredom and become demotivated . Then we wake up with a spring in your step .

Like persons have already said.
Save some money towards a pre-booked holiday so your working towards something
Save some money to buy better piece of equipment , so it helps you

Save monies towards your hobbies that you do gym , walking , sports etc

Have your daily work listed for yourself the night before and be organised , that way your in control .
Great being your own boss .

mike1986

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 11:00:57 am »
I've definitely been feeling very fed up with it all lately. I'm sure its just so much cold, wet windy weather takes its toll after a few months. Also customers reminding me 'I wouldn't fancy your job in this weather, you poor thing ' every other house, I start to feel sorry for myself by the end of the day. lol

I've just been going in every day but just doing maybe 3-4 hours and not worrying about earning less, being on schedule etc...just doing what i can be bothered doing that day.

A few weeks of dry bright weather and i'm sure it will get easier.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 11:07:47 am »
I recently gave a lecture on the science of happiness.  One of the exercises I found while researching it will almost certainly help:

At the end of the day write down (just thinking doesn't do it, writing makes this work) three things that made you grateful that you're doing the job you're doing.  Might be Mrs Smith's offer of a cup of tea, might be catching sight of a rainbow in the spray of your water, might be a clean where the hose doesn't get tangled.

The thing is, you get used to what's going on in your life on a daily basis and the things that happen daily that should make you happy and motivate you just blend into the background.  Writing them down makes you think about them, marshall your thoughts and admit that they are important.

A week of that and you'll be noticing the good stuff again.

Vin

Rich Wilts

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 11:34:05 am »
A gratitude list. Works where other things don't.

I also find making a decision helps. A positive decision that is. Last year I decided I was going to expand on the employment front. Unfortunately due to circumstances otherwise unforeseen (possibly ignorance or naivety on my behalf) my plans changed. But - when I look back to how I felt at the time when I decided to expand the business I felt really positive.

Ive undoubtedly allowed things since it all went pear-shaped to influence me negatively, I need to decide to get back at it (encourage and pursue work related targets and securing particular work) and re-employ. Re-invest - my time, experience and money where needed. 

I find targets always help me, they're something to go for. Im doing a half marathon in 4 weeks. Im overweight (a stone lighter would help)  and have struggled lately with fitness issues. But it's a target and I'll do it. On the day I'll be swearing like chunt to myself and wishing I hadn't bothered, wishing for the last lap, feeling every single twinge and ache.

Once I cross the line I'll have to set another target, but I will have achieved.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 06:23:51 pm »
If your truly getting bored of windows why not look into doing something else? like seriously sell up and become an electrican, or whatever, new challenge should keep u on your toes.

slap bash

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »
I can quite understand losing motivation as it`s a really boring mundane job. Its just repetitive and not very challenging mentally. I sometime do things back to front to try to create interest. 

keyser soze

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »
i get totally bored with this type of work as well .its the mundane routine of doing houses over and over again , however i do like first cleans and gutter/facia cleans , it must be because its more of a challenge . i do like the customer interaction as well ,