Bad review on Facebook....
« on: October 11, 2015, 01:18:27 pm »
Ok so I had this guy ring me on Thursday and asked to go and give him a quote, anyway I was busy so I asked if its ok to go either Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon, he said either is fine. I asked what area and he said but I wasn't sure how close to my round it is , he said 'it's right next door . Checked this morning and it's a midd terraced house 20 minutes away . So I messaged this morning, really sorry but unfortunately due to the distance from my route, I won't be able to quote your windows. Thank you for ringing and sorry I couldn't help.

5 minutes later - 2* review DOESNT COVER THIS AREA- YOU NEED TO STATE WHICH AREAS YOU COVER IN YOUR ADVERTS.

A$$hole , giving me a bad review because I don't cover his area - making my 5* record go down!!!!

CleanClear

Re: Bad review on Facebook....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:31:24 pm »
Are you not familiar with the area you work? Is it some distance from your home or something ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »
That's the problem with anyone being able to leave feedback on bookfarce pages as ppl can say whatever the want.

tlwcs

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 01:44:18 pm »
Can you not delete it?

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 04:03:49 pm »
Are you not familiar with the area you work? Is it some distance from your home or something ?

20 mins away for a mid terrace- no access to back unless I drive down the back alley - 20 minutes for 1 house- would you do it?

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 04:22:47 pm »
That's the problem with anyone being able to leave feedback on bookfarce pages as ppl can say whatever the want.

Just checked his FB page , he looks
Like a chav - maybe knows one of my competitors.... Strange giving bad feedback coz I don't cover his area

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 04:25:08 pm »
Can you not delete it?

Can't delete, either gotta ask HIM to delete it which isn't gonna happen or report it to FB , done the 2nd option so see if that works. Could understand giving a bad review if I did a bad job , but because I don't cover his area? Come on ....

CleanClear

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 04:53:17 pm »

20 mins away for a mid terrace- no access to back unless I drive down the back alley - 20 minutes for 1 house- would you do it?

No, what i mean is when he told you the address how come you never knew you didn't do the area ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 05:03:18 pm »
A quick and easy way is to take their postcode as well as the address and go to google maps to find out if you are unsure where the property is.

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 05:17:53 pm »

No, what i mean is when he told you the address how come you never knew you didn't do the area ?

It's in the next town which could be 5 minutes or half an hour depending on which part of the town it is mate , I took his address and asked him how close to my town he is and he said right next door, iv just been to quote a job in his town but it's 5 mins away

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 06:18:16 pm »
You can remove all reviews, but its your call I think

To remove ALL the reviews from your business page you have to uncheck the box to show the Map app in the settings, under "Address", which removes the reviews app as well (weird work-around, I know).
 Edit Page/ Edit Page Info/ click on 'address'/ uncheck the box underneath the map
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »
Shrek
You've had a bit of bad luck on this one. Firstly you should know your areas, especially where to avoid!
Secondly you left it a bit too long to get back to him and thirdly you need to know how to delete his response.
I quickly googled it and i think it is easily deleted. NOTHING EVER, EVER, EVER surprises me with custys! EVER.
Always be polite, prompt and professional...ignore the rest ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

jk999

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 06:44:19 pm »
I wouldn't  worry about it.  The feed backs hardly gonna make your business go down hill is it

Ian101

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 07:12:34 pm »
just get your customers to leave lots of feedback and bury this k nob

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 07:17:01 pm »
Consider  a careful reply outlining why you were unable to offer your services turn potential bad PR into good PR .

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »
Some very good points here guys, appreciate it and I may just google ' how to delete bad reviews on Facebook ' only want to leave the good ones  ;D
Thank you for everyone's advice 👍

Johnny B

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »
You can't please everybody. Still, why not post up on your page the areas you do cover.  I do from time to time, updating it whenever I pick up work in a new area. This will at least answer the one bad review tactfully and remove the chance of another for the same reason given by the reviewer.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »
You can't please everybody. Still, why not post up on your page the areas you do cover.  I do from time to time, updating it whenever I pick up work in a new area. This will at least answer the one bad review tactfully and remove the chance of another for the same reason given by the reviewer.

John

Very good point! I'm doing that now mate , what I didn't want to do is exclude areas , but like you say, if I tell people the areas I DO cover , then hopefully I won't get anymore bad reviews 👍

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 09:33:22 pm »
You can delete bad reviews.. By blocking the person. I think their score remains but the content doesn't. In this case it's probably better to leave the content and just just reply to it. People will always look for bad reviews and read them, so the fact that this is petty, and allows you to show how polite and professional you are with a well written reply is quite fortunate.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 09:48:36 pm »
You can delete bad reviews.. By blocking the person. I think their score remains but the content doesn't. In this case it's probably better to leave the content and just just reply to it. People will always look for bad reviews and read them, so the fact that this is petty, and allows you to show how polite and professional you are with a well written reply is quite fortunate.

Could he reply to my reply though? really don't want to start an argument on my page