alticry

tulsion resin
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:03:11 am »
Usually buy 2x5litre bags of resin and put one in DI vessel . Each bag lasts around a month with water TDS at 77 . I only work 2/3 days a week . Decided to buy a 25 litre bag and measured out 5 litre and put it in the vessel . Water is measuring 1&2 straight from the off . Also white tulsion bag was open on delivery but there was a clear inner skin which was sealed . Is this the norm ? Possibly their 5 litre bags contain a little more ?

sunshine windows

Re: tulsion resin
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:05 am »
The white bag should not have been open
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:57:19 pm »
The outer bag should be heat sealed. I've ordered 5l from Gardiners as the negative posts are making me paranoid.
Should this not be passed to trading standards.
There's a council scientific testing place in Glasgow that tests for contaminated food, fake cigarettes, fake vodka etc. Dose anyone with crap resin have anything like that near them.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 01:15:46 pm »
If buying a 25litre sack then both the inner and outer sack should be sealed. However as long as the inner sack was still sealed it should be fine.

Where did you buy the sack from -perhaps it was opened in transit?

It is worth noting that there are currently two grades of Tulsion MB-115 resin being imported and sold into the UK window cleaning market. The grade that we have is being re-labelled with an SB (strong base) suffix to help buyers tell it apart from the lesser grade that is more generally sold.

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 02:14:26 pm »
Is that two types of MB-115? or MB-115 and MB-111

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 05:28:51 pm »
The white bag should not have been open

+1

Mine also come delivered in a sealed box too  ::)roll

kempy

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:28 am »
Resin is poor ATM .
I may buy your "SB" Resin then Alex if it's better...

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 06:25:01 am »
Looks like the manufacturers  have found a cash cow  us window cleaners  supply us with inferior grade  so we use more ???
Spit and polish

simonr

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 08:20:39 am »
daqua pointed this out ages ago & say they only supply the best grade

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 06:35:32 pm »
So, what do they mark the duff bags with? I just got one from the Windowcleaning Warehouse but haven't opened it yet.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 12:03:25 pm »
Is that two types of MB-115? or MB-115 and MB-111

Hi Alan

That is two different types of MB-115!

Which is why going forward (but not happened quite yet) they will be differentiated by the addition of the suffix SB to the superior supply. Hopefully this will enable clients to make an informed choice about their resin supply - the superior supply may cost a pound or so more, but it will be guaranteed to perform to the usual high Tulsion standard.

Currently there are two wholesale importers bringing Tulsion products into the UK. The product specification differs between the products imported by the wholesaler that we use and the wholesaler that most others use. The wholesale importer that we source through has a quality-checked and assured strong base resin based on a tight manufacturing and testing specification whereas the other wholesale importer supplies resin without a set specification meaning the quality cannot be guaranteed.

Each year we see a few posts popping up on forums stating that the quality of MB-115 is of not of a high standard. When the wholesale importer has checked on the supply of 'this' resin they find that it has not come from the batches they import and are always from the batches imported by the other wholesale importer which are of a lesser specification.

Hope that has clarified this  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 12:04:51 pm »
So, what do they mark the duff bags with? I just got one from the Windowcleaning Warehouse but haven't opened it yet.

They are not necessarily duff, but cannot be guaranteed to be the same quality checked standard.

Email me Dave and I can let you know which wholesaler yours will have come through.

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 01:00:31 pm »
Might be worth contacting Thermax directly as if it's a quality control issue they should be made aware of customer complaints surely that their tulsion mb-115 is not performing as it should.

Thermax Europe Ltd.
2 Studio Court, Queensway, Milton Keynes
Bletchley MK2 2DG, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1908 378 914
Fax: +44 1908 379 487
Email: info@thermax-europe.com
Url: www.thermax-europe.com

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 06:30:46 pm »
If buying a 25litre sack then both the inner and outer sack should be sealed. However as long as the inner sack was still sealed it should be fine.

Where did you buy the sack from -perhaps it was opened in transit?

It is worth noting that there are currently two grades of Tulsion MB-115 resin being imported and sold into the UK window cleaning market. The grade that we have is being re-labelled with an SB (strong base) suffix to help buyers tell it apart from the lesser grade that is more generally sold.

this is what im on about on the current tulsion mb 115 thread!
price higher/work harder!