Stoots

Re: Hot Water Diesel Users
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 04:38:03 pm »
I think the panic buying is ridiculous

But that didnt stop me from going out, driving round 4 garages to find some diesel and filling the tank to the brim.

First time ive ever filled it right up, i normally stick 30 quid a time in.

If you cant beat em join em  ;)

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 04:51:04 pm »
I love how people keep saying it's "pathetic" to join in with panic buying.

I remember the fuel crisis of 2000, and how fast the supermarkets emptied. There was no food.  If it had gone on for another week, there would have been riots.

Even if you don't agree with panic buying, once it starts you have no choice but to join in or you'll be left without. 

I heard that Baby Formula is one of the things being hit the hardest (I think CO2 is used in its manufacture).  Do you think the parents of a newborn baby should just sit back and do nothing, just so as not to be "pathetic"?  If that was you, you'd spend the day and night driving around trying to "panic" buy what you needed so that your child didn't go hungry or get sick.

It should ease over the coming days......the pathetic people are the ones filling Jerry cans.....I should of been more specific....😄

Mate of mine is a gardner, he has 4 vans out so 4 lots of mowers, blowers, strimmers etc. He fills up 2 Jerry cans for each of his vans every week. Imagine the abuse he got on Monday morning when he was filling his 8 cans  ;D

Now that is a funny thought  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2021, 10:54:56 pm »
Are you feeling guilty filling up knowing that people are struggling to get fuel but you're using their fuel to heat some water up?

Shame on you.

I thought you might be joking with this thread.....but going off your past posts your probably being serious!

Hot water is essential for me to maximize my working day....I'm happy to report I have a full tank of diesel  which will last me at least 7 working days so I won't need to fill up until next week (thursday or friday)....

As for my golf GTD....i have 3/4 of a tank which will easily see me through rehearsals on Thursday and upcoming gig on sat......and a few gym trips.....

Its certainly essential for NWH - its the only way he has a chance to clean a window properly  ;D ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2021, 11:06:09 pm »
👍 you got it big Dazza.