hotsteam

The cost of window rounds
« on: September 16, 2019, 08:04:53 pm »
Do people really pay, 6 to 12 x the monthly income  for a window  cleaning round ?  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

SB Cleaning

Re: The cost of window rounds
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:01 pm »
I have bought a couple of small rounds over the years paid 2x for the one and 3x for the other, I would probably go to 4x if the work was really good.

Paying anymore than 4 x is crazy if you ask me :o

How you doing anyway  Pete? I have still got a chunk of work you canvassed for me nearly 10 years ago  dont know where the times gone ;D

hotsteam

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:50:20 pm »
Hi Shaun, I'm ok, how are you doing ?

I'm glad that round worked out ok, you could sell it back to me, I'll give you  2 x mate !  ::)roll

If I had to clean a round 10 x before I made any money I would  go nuts !

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:53:32 pm »
Hi Shaun, I'm ok, how are you doing ?

I'm glad that round worked out ok, you could sell it back to me, I'll give you  2 x mate !  ::)roll

If I had to clean a round 10 x before I made any money I would  go nuts !
;D ;D

I'm ok mate.

Get out canvassing Pete :D

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:59:14 pm »
You'll see people advertising for silly prices and I'd imagine once in a blue moon someone will take the bait but 2,3,4 or even 5 cleans is what they can go for.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 09:49:15 pm »
Depends, i would have thought.
If your just starting out and have the funds to cover your for upto a year, then it might be a very good investment.  Especially if you canvass and build upon that existing work.

The flip side, is how much of that investment are you likely to loose within the first couple of months and then its a real kick in the teeth for ya
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 09:54:02 pm »
id want at least 10 times the monthly value if i was going to sell my whole round thats been built up over 26 years for sure.....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 10:20:39 pm »
You would need that Daz to pay all the credit off  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 10:39:32 pm »
Depends what you’re buying, my general rule of thumb is x5 for decent WFP work. It’s also worth remembering that if it’s only part of a round that’s being sold, it’s generally the worst paid work that the seller will be getting rid of, so it’s often better to buy a round in it’s entirety. I don’t even entertain buying trad work now, it can be difficult to convert customers without losing work, every house can be like a first clean as top frames are usually dirty, then the customers that do keep you on feel hard done by when you clean their house in half the time of the previous cleaner.

hotsteam

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 10:48:50 pm »
Depends what you’re buying, my general rule of thumb is x5 for decent WFP work. It’s also worth remembering that if it’s only part of a round that’s being sold, it’s generally the worst paid work that the seller be getting rid of so it’s often better to buy a round in it’s entirety. I don’t even entertain buying trad work now, it can be difficult to convert customers without losing work, every house can be like a first clean as top frames are usually dirty, then the customers that do keep you on feel hard done by when you clean their house in half the time of the previous cleaner.

But it is a better Job !

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 10:50:31 pm »
But they've sacked you before they find out, usually with some line like you don't even finish them off!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 08:42:38 am »
But they've sacked you before they find out, usually with some line like you don't even finish them off!

Ive bought quite a few rounds as well as selling, usually around 5x.
Worked well for me
No way is Daz's round worth 10x, especially the council estate that he has to collect on😱😱

hotsteam

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 05:20:15 pm »
If you were to sell a round worth £5,000 a month, and sell for 10 x, who is going to stump up £50,000  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 05:36:13 pm »
Much better ways to spend marketing buget with better ROI.

Plus buying rounds is not tax deductible
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 05:40:30 pm »
I've taken on hundreds this year and it's a pita to change them over from trad, drop out rate was huge due to the last company neglecting the run and being constantly late ie 3 monthly! I'm running it four weekly and they hit out with the this time already patter ::)roll
I'm looking to do it again but for me the price will have to be lower than the average going rate due to the headache involved.

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2019, 05:42:19 pm »
Much better ways to spend marketing buget with better ROI.

Plus buying rounds is not tax deductible
Take out a loan for the business and buying a van or a round is the same thing.

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 06:20:48 pm »
It's a tricky one for this reason

If you are selling a days work let's say £300 of quality work that you've had for years, all easy work with great payers then you are going to want 10x for it. It's worth that amount to you.

As a buyer though you don't know how good it actually is, you are taking a gamble on it and thus to hand over 3k seems insanity for goodwill.

So there's a conflict between what it's worth to you and what it's worth to someone else.

This probably brings the price down to something like 5-6 times for good work and 3 times for dog turd work

hotsteam

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 07:50:01 pm »
Take out a loan for the business and buying a van or a round is the same thing. Quote

A loan for a round is difficult, you go to a bank, " I need to borrow 30,000 " you say to the bank," what security have you got ? "

they say, you say " it's on cleaner planner ! " hmmmm that's not really security !  ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 08:51:51 pm »
Take out a loan for the business and buying a van or a round is the same thing. Quote

A loan for a round is difficult, you go to a bank, " I need to borrow 30,000 " you say to the bank," what security have you got ? "

they say, you say " it's on cleaner planner ! " hmmmm that's not really security !  ::)roll

It's not true either. You can claim the interest on a business loan as a tax deductable expense if it's been used for a business expense...such as buying a van.  But buying good will is not a business expense it's personal so therefore you can't claim anyway.

Plankton

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 08:56:03 pm »
For starters good luck going to a bank! They're shutting down everything so most likely you'd be applying online which is less hassle. Everyone has different credit ratings, you either get it or you don't.