lizj

Building site cards. And urinals!!
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:13:01 am »
I was asked to price the daily clean for two ports cabins for the length of time the buiding site was used. Everything was ok until I was asked if I had (would it be cs) cards? Not ever heard of them. I think it's something to do with health and safety. Can anyone tell me how i get them cost etc... Also another officer quoted for had urinals ... All of the other men's toilets I clean are normal loos.. Do I use a special cleaner for these?? Thanks for any help i get 😃

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

Re: Building site cards. And urinals!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:33 am »
CSCS cards,
its a multiple choice health and safety test.
Takes about 15 minutes to do and costs £18
Or you can do the test online i think.
It allows you to work on building sites.
look up CSCS online.
No you dont need a special cleaner to clean urinals.

terrazzoman

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »
do you have a utr number?? or you will be taxed 20% of the total amount invoiced
with a utr number you will be taxed on the labour only element of your invoice
or if you have a company utr number you self bill ie the builder pays you infull
and you pay your tax direct. i hope this helps you

lizj

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:42:12 am »
yes a buisness utr no . thanks for your help guys... why cant anything be straightforward?

Denise l

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:30:28 am »
It never is and the thing is even though you have a UTR no and put it on your invoices with a note of what to deduct, the girls in their accounts department just don,t understand so they just deduct 20% off the whole lot. I've given up trying to educate them now and just claim the 20% back at the end of the year.

Denise

dmckellar

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »
we work for builders. you need to be CIS registered so you are taxed at source by them and you are then payed the less tax amount

the CSCS card is a simple test for competency, its standard for getting on building sites.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:19:15 pm »
we work for builders. you need to be CIS registered so you are taxed at source by them and you are then payed the less tax amount

the CSCS card is a simple test for competency, its standard for getting on building sites.

btw you enter a good market!! We just powerjet half the stuff!

CSCS test......This is erm...........most pointless and easy test you ever sit!  plus Denise our accounts department understand it and sage does it automatically with CIS tax.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 02:12:18 pm »
If you're 'power jetting' half the stuff then you shouldn't be paying CIS - unless your 'power jetting' internally

Rob ;D

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »
If you're 'power jetting' half the stuff then you shouldn't be paying CIS - unless your 'power jetting' internally

Rob ;D

Well Half of it is outside :D :)   so I do power jet half of it :D  with other half getting done by hand/mop.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 02:57:14 pm »
So from that you shouldn't be paying CIS - on that part

Rob ;D

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »

Rob ;D

Yea we do price it for a External Clean & Internal Clean :D

Griffus

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 12:04:20 am »

Rob ;D

Rob, you're right and anyone doing just externals will almost certainly have no problem being exempt.

The problem is when you do internals too. The Contractors just deduct CIS for all work as their financial systems can't deal with the crossover.   We gave up trying to sort this years ago.   Now, as with others we claim back overpayments at the end of the year (well, we usually get this about four months after the claim).

Some firms can also apply for CIS gross payment status which means you become exempt from monthly deductions, this can be based total turnover per Director (if I remember right this used to be about £70000).

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 07:04:07 pm »

Rob ;D

Rob, you're right and anyone doing just externals will almost certainly have no problem being exempt.

The problem is when you do internals too. The Contractors just deduct CIS for all work as their financial systems can't deal with the crossover.   We gave up trying to sort this years ago.   Now, as with others we claim back overpayments at the end of the year (well, we usually get this about four months after the claim).

Some firms can also apply for CIS gross payment status which means you become exempt from monthly deductions, this can be based total turnover per Director (if I remember right this used to be about £70000).

Its complicated eh!   All I want to do is clean the dam toilets!