suds window service

when to split your round
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:30:36 pm »
just carrying on from another topic.How many customers did you have when you put the second van on the road?

paul rulton

Re: when to split your round
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:36:30 pm »
i had a big round about 7years ago now, i think i took it 2personally. as i never broke it down...
i just couldnt do it   ::)
all im tryin 2say is dont make it personal wiv ur custys  :-\  ( i had 934 custys  ;D )

suds window service

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18:38 pm »
good advice not to get to personal. we have 408 customers and i think its getting close to the time to split it.

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:28:41 pm »
thats a good amount of custys m8  ;) as long as u can live on just over half ur t/o then
i would say go 4it  ;D & build it like crazy  ;D all the best m8  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:43:41 pm »
i had a big round about 7years ago now, i think i took it 2personally. as i never broke it down...
all im tryin 2say is dont make it personal wiv ur custys  :-\  ( i had 934 custys  ;D )
there e goes again wiv his 934  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

suds window service

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »
sounds good on paper. the sums work out as well. only sticking point is getting the monies owed in.
there's always a few hundred owing. think we still need another 100ish customers b4 i do it just to be on the safe side.
  we start a big canvassing push next week....fingers crossed

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 10:26:33 pm »
When i have 4 full weeks [20 working days] i will look at splitting. albeit, taking a pay cut, while i get more work.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:18:35 am »
I have a lad part time at present he wants to go full time so we are building that up this year, then when we are both busy 5 days a week together will look at putting him on his own for a bit to see how he gets on and maybe get someone part time helping him till theres enough to put 2 guys full time on the one van,,,, and so on and so forth, i want to build upto a point but i dont think i want more than a couple of vans one of them with me working 3-4 days, but then it may be that the hassle from 2 might as well be 3-10 but its keeping looking for the work and doing new cleans that tires me i just want to get to a point where the turnover is x amount and takes 3-4 of us 4-5 days and i can just do that each week.. but when i get there i will know what the next step is , wil take a few years yet, also theres the option of selling and starting again or doing something else, i fancy another industry one day, cant see me wanting to shine forever, and i wont want to keep building window cleaning round forever either.....

paul rulton

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 06:28:40 pm »
there e goes again wiv his 934  ;D ;D
yer yer i know, i should stop lookin back  ::) but they where my better days m8  ;D
lucky if i get 4hours of work done in a day these days  :( real frustrating  >:(  i wanna do more
but no chance with my back  >:(

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 02:32:47 pm »
When i have 4 full weeks [20 working days] i will look at splitting. albeit, taking a pay cut, while i get more work.

get 6 weeks work then split it this way you dont take a pay cut  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

formb

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 03:01:28 pm »
The best time to do this is october / november.

You cant do as many in winter so it means you dont lose any cleans on any houses.

As for how many, that depends on how quick you and yours are.

When you find you are having to do weekends to get finished the month I would reckon.

formb

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 03:03:18 pm »

Hitman?  ???

paul rulton

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 03:33:46 pm »

Hitman?  ???
wots up Form B? wot didnt u get?  ;D

trevor povey

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 04:48:28 pm »
can,t u just take on another person to work along side you rather than the high cost of getting another vechile on the road

formb

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:27:20 am »

Hitman?  ???
wots up Form B? wot didnt u get?  ;D

Are you a reincarnation of Hitman? ???