CWCS

when were cleaning windows
« on: August 03, 2005, 08:27:46 pm »
 :-[ Hi fellow country men, lets have your best window cleaning stories, a bit of light hearted fun, any embarassing moments while cleaning windows? someone must have some good stories  :-X

Sir Squeaky

Re: when were cleaning windows
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 08:38:35 pm »
Hooray! A light hearted topic. It's all gone very serious and technical lately. :(

Well it's not exactly funny, but I was working with another lad once doing a big georgian cottage in the country, when he lets out a horrifying scream. :o

Turns out he's pressed hard on a cracked pane.... yes, he's only gone and cut his hand to shreds as it burst through the glass. Of course this is a nice white window and a nice white wall below it.

Cue a mad dash to the car to head back to the boss's house. By this time the car's interior is getting redder too. Luckily, we had an understanding boss!

Roger.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 08:41:03 pm »
A few years ago I was cleening a shop front with several Large pains of glass,
along came this elderly gent passed a quick remark about the weather and turned to go into the shop the only problem was that he chose to enter through the window "thud" as he walked into it stood back looked a little shocked and said that I was making to good a job, walked around me and went to walk in the shop again and this time he chose the window the other side of me, "thud" again but this time it knocked him to the ground, well we were there (shop staff and passers bye for about 15 minutes while he got himself together when he got up he asked one of the shops staff to take him through the door and commented that they should pay me more for doing a good job.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

CWCS

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 08:43:50 pm »
A few years ago I was cleening a shop front with several Large pains of glass,
along came this elderly gent passed a quick remark about the weather and turned to go into the shop the only problem was that he chose to enter through the window "thud" as he walked into it stood back looked a little shocked and said that I was making to good a job, walked around me and went to walk in the shop again and this time he chose the window the other side of me, "thud" again but this time it knocked him to the ground, well we were there (shop staff and passers bye for about 15 minutes while he got himself together when he got up he asked one of the shops staff to take him through the door and commented that they should pay me more for doing a good job.
lol that tickeld me

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 08:47:12 pm »
Just remember another one.

I was working on a pub in town doing upstairs restaurant windows.
Got a bit careless with the ladder and dropped it against one of the top windows.
Smash! Straight through it.

Funny thing was, I never really liked the owners and they were having a meeting with the brewery upstairs.

Mr BigExec from Whitbread got glass all in his hair and on his work!
Me and the boss(Ian Giles,by the way) went back the next day and fitted a new pane of glass, but she refused to pay for the window cleaning.

One account dropped. Glad it happened now! ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 09:52:15 pm »
Hi Guys

Just cleaned windows and was chatting to customer by her back door.  She had a small linen line by the back door, there was a couple of tea towels on one end in front of me and something else behind me blowing in the wind, which kept blowing onto my head.  I kept brushing it away with my hand without thinking about it and all the while my customer kept smiling at me and chatting away.  It then blew across my head on a stronger breeze, so taking hold of said item to remove it from my head, I turned around to see my customers black lacy knickers in my hand, to which she said "yes, they are my knickers" with a big grin on her face.

Chris C

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 10:05:17 pm »
I turned around to see my customers black lacy knickers in my hand, to which she said "yes, they are my knickers" with a big grin on her face.
Chris C
I've got an old lady who often asks me clean some white plastics, facias etc..

I ask for a bucket with flash, and a couple of cloths.
Yes that's right, a couple of big pairs of granny pants!

At least they're clean. :P

mick hay

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 06:21:39 pm »
ive only been cleaning for bout 4 weeks, but today i had a nice job in a well to do area.    windows and conservatory roof!!.....the lady of the house is about 50....we been chattin while ive cleaned, then i went to the side of the house where we couldnt see each other. Bout 15 minutes later, i start cleaning the biggest conservatory youve ever seen, and i suddenly realise shes in the jacuzzi!!book in 1 hand, drink in the other, and when she saw me she says "dont mind me, you just carry on love!!!" all i could think of is "confessions of a window cleaner!!"..lol

zeusjazmin

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 09:12:08 pm »
years ago i was walking down the street when i noticed a bra on the end of my ladder it gort attatched as i was leaving a garden,had to run back and pin it back on the washing line

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 10:56:55 pm »
years ago i was walking down the street when i noticed a bra on the end of my ladder it gort attatched as i was leaving a garden,had to run back and pin it back on the washing line

Oh yeah.  A likely story   ;D

daniel b

Re: when were cleaning windows New
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 11:13:58 pm »
About 7 years ago we were cleaning a hotel windows we got about half way round the job,got to my next window up the ladder i go only to find at the top a fit middle aged woman naked fast asleep on a sunbed quite a shock it was i tell ya,i came down the ladder and told the lads about 4 of us, and they all had to have a look the ladder did not move from that 1 window for about 20 mins,somethin i will never forget.
Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk