Sapphire Window Cleaning

When will this weather end?
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:35:45 pm »
Pouring rain here in Essex.
I was plannig to protecta Kote the van floor today, but it states not to apply in damp.
I told my customers I wont be around until the end of the week due to me water proofing the van floor.

Has anyone put down protecta kote in their van in the rain?

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Ian Mason

Re: When will this weather end?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:48 pm »
Hi Matt,

The weather showed loads of low pressure systems for the whole week/weekend in the south, so heavy rain, & strong wind expected as well. :(

jonnyald

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:48:51 pm »
agree its a real downer . even thru the rain folk are still textin me for quotes and all that and im sitting at home cant face scaling the ladders in driving rain . ive never cleaned yet in heavy rain, but i guess once started you get used to it ?

if its raining tomoro,im just going get on with it all , find a poncho in a shop mite work good , usualy i wear just a golf windshirt for work

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:50:59 pm »
When I work in the rain I have one major rule, once I am soaked through I go home.
The weather at the moment, I would only be out there half hour.

Matt

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:07:11 pm »
weathe ris cold up here but very bright and sunny. Can't understand it TBH. Normally this time of year we get mega rain all the time. Oh well bes tmake most of it while dry. I am back out now tank is full again. Had to steep di vessels and hosereel in bath there LOL

ftp

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 01:15:28 pm »
Bit wet here but it's stopped raining. Went out to start work but custies have seen the forecast and really don't want to know. Had a big cul-de-sac lined up where most are at home. Waste of time trying.  :-\
Had to quote my biggest commercial ever this morning so fingers crossed it could be a good earner come rain or shine.  :)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 02:08:41 pm »
Good Luck FTP.

What is it? Hotel?

Matt

Richard Holt

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:30:08 pm »
Has anyone put down protecta kote in their van in the rain?

I did it in my berlingo years ago.
Thought it was a good day to do it, then the heavens opened, but it was too late I'd already started. So I shut myself in the van and carried on painting, I was absolutely buzzing by the time I finished the first coat!
So I shut the doors and gave it a second coat the next morning, but it went on ok.
Mind you, you do have to drive around with the window open for a few days after, it does really stink! But a great product.

What colour did you get?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 02:33:21 pm »
I got the black one.
we are looking at getting a second van in the next couple of months and I will be getting the blue for the second van.

Matt

Richard Holt

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:07 pm »
Nice one, friend of mine had the blue, looked nice.
When I had my Berlingo I chose red, it was a silver van and the red really stood out, did have some pictures but last time my hard drive crashed I lost the lot.

Good luck with it though (and yes I'd definately wear marigolds and some old clothes)

Rich

ftp

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 03:17:24 pm »
Good Luck FTP.

What is it? Hotel?

Matt

Flats. Rather a lot and five storeys.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:35 pm »
5 storey, is that about 50-55ft?

How did you get the commercial, I am looking at trying to get some commercial on board.

Matt

ftp

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 04:06:01 pm »
Haven't got it yet. Most of my commercial work I've got by pure luck. Cleaned some offices where one of the workers was on the property management team in her block of flats. Another was a local windy who was told he couldn't hang out of the windows anymore. Another was due to cleaning a directors house. Todays: I haven't got a clue where they got my name from - probably one of the free one lines on some of the googled sites.

I've activly tried to get commercial work when I started up and got absolutely nothing.  ???

I'm one of those people where work seems to come to me. God knows why.

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 04:13:07 pm »
tell me about the weather, it gives snow for NI from tuesday evening right through to the weekend and with a -5 to come tonight aswell, may just be taking my outlet hose and putting it inside the van tonight when the heater is on.  Ill be so glad to see the back of this cold weather, puts a real downer on things.
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

paul rulton

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 04:17:03 pm »
saturday aint lookin 2bad..... at the mo, but that will prob change :P

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 06:04:57 pm »
you just all wimping out the rain is fab u will get used to it fantastic for wfp dont  us as much water scub scrub then rinse next job  8)

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 06:49:42 pm »
Going to rain Friday I think.

Llaaww

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 09:51:10 pm »
Going to rain Friday I think.

The rain hit the cornish coast at 6pm, and is heading up country. If I get lucky it will be all over by morning. It looks like a huge front, and as there is not much wind it may take a bit of time to blow over. If you are in bristol it will be a grim morning tomo. Any further n/e if its not wet in the morning it will be.  ::)

Quick get a proper job before your socks get wet.  :D
if it is dirty it is fair game

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 10:32:21 pm »
The day started with fog and cleared by 10.30 this morning and it was nice and sunny no rain here in burton. :)

mci services

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 10:34:40 pm »
well this post started in feb so I think the answer is the weather never ends just changes ::)