Mr Sparkle

When you clean
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:59:39 am »
When you clean a conservatory do you only clean the glass and frames around the glass like a normal window.
I charge £5 extra if they have a conservatory.
The upvc under the windows you don't have to clean do you guys?
Guessing that's only if they have a complete conservatory clean which i would charge about £30.
Am i right in thinking this is correct ???

richywilts

Re: When you clean
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:57:25 am »
i charge 30quid an hour on full conservatory cleans cleaning the roofs windows upvc structure and the sills completely.did a big one the other day took 3 hours n they gave me a 30quid tip coz i did such a gud job. it was a large p-shaped conservatory tho and i never stopped for a minute.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 10:12:22 am »
With repeat cleaning  and providing the conservatory is in good nick then I'll clean everything from the gutters down in the price.
How much depends on how big the conservatory is.
Con roofs are way more expensive than just the conservatory of course, but again, that depends on the size and the state it is in.

I don't charge a specific hourly rate though as my target rate when actually doing the work is a £1.00 a minute....tell a customer you are charging £60.00 an hour and they'll have a heart attack!! :o

And no, just in case you wonder...I don't earn £60 an hour over a working week!! That is very specifically £1.00 per minute worked (as against talking to customers, driving between jobs, setting up and so on.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Mr Sparkle

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:00:58 pm »
Cheers for replies. an whole cosevatory clean i'll do for £30 but if it's just the glass  i charge a fiver, Just some think they get all the upvc cleaned when you quote ???

dave.e

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:59:53 pm »
Hi Mr Sparkle when i do con roofs its a min £40 plus what ever i charge for windows on top whitch range between £5/£20. dave

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:00 pm »
I clean from the gutters down on conservatory, once its clean it doesn't take long to keep it like it and as long as I'm making my hourly rate I'm quite happy to go a little further, and who knows it may even make a difference when someone canvasses the job and tries to undercut you. 

Sussex by the sea

karygate

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:05:19 am »
when i do a conservatory sides as standard clean i only clean the plastic underneath if its really dirty and then only because it makes the rest of your job look bad . the same applies to front doors. when i clean a roof i clean everything including sides frames and all plastic bases etc.
gary

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 09:30:31 am »
when i do a conservatory sides as standard clean i only clean the plastic underneath if its really dirty and then only because it makes the rest of your job look bad . the same applies to front doors. when i clean a roof i clean everything including sides frames and all plastic bases etc.

Same here. But I do wipe off the cill at the bottom.
It's a game of three halves!