Rogue Trader

When to rinse
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:36:01 pm »
I have heard differences of opinions of when to rinse, some people rinse straight after cleaning window and others wait for the frame to drip a bit first , which do you think would give most consistent results -

Also rinse just glass or glass and top frame?

mark dew

Re: When to rinse
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:44:42 am »
I can't see any advantage of waiting for the frame to drip before rinsing. Maybe someone can explain why?
Many jobs i just have a high flow rate and don't rinse, but the times i do rinse is straight after it is cleaned. That way there is maximum water running down the glass at the same time, which is more likely to catch any debris.
I always give the top frame a good wash but i only ever rinse the glass.
With pencil jets i aim them just under where the top frame meets the glass, as the frame will act as a barrier and there will be no splashing above or around that will (or should) result in no spots.
If i was starting out wfp i would definitely rinse the windows 1st, rather than use a high flow rate. Once the job has come up good a few times i would then try to do it without rinsing and check the results. If it is good, i reckon i have saved a 1/3 of time per job by not rinsing each window.

Mike 108

Re: When to rinse
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:15:15 pm »
I use WFP on some properties with the following results:

On houses where the water runs down the glass in 'curtains' I find that minimal rinsing is necessary as all the dirt has run off during washing.

On houses where the water forms 'globules' on the glass during washing and rinsing I never feel confident that the windows will be to my satisfaction when they have dried.

I regularly go back to check and though the customer is usually happy enough - I'm not!

I've read all the posts on here about 'rinse, rinse and rinse again' but it uses a heck of a lot of water (and you can still see spots if you look hard enough).

Most WFP users are happy to be working safely and too busy making money to worry about whether the  finish is qute as good as with 'trad' - and, as long as the customer is happy - does it matter?

Mike