Dry Clean

Re: When you know you lost them before you started.
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2018, 10:23:26 am »
Speed is such a subjective matter on these forums.
From 8 weeklys perspective speed is the be all and end all. It's the way he maximises profit. Bash his way through as many jobs as he (or staff) can do in a day.
Yet how is that way better then the guy who can earn the same amount only doing 2 jobs a day, with less driving, less reeling in and cleaning the windows to an immaculate condition?
If someone can get £160 for a £55 job then good for him. He's not "swinging the lead", he spends all morning doing a top job. Even going out of his way to get to those hard to reach windows, you know, the ones behind overgrown hedges.
He is providing a premium service for a premium price.

The truth is, we only go as fast as we need to.
8 weekly has big overheads, staff to pay etc, and feels the way to meet these overheads is to work as fast as possible.
You have the "premium" price guys that prefer the 1 or 2 jobs a day at an extremely high quality.
Then you have guys like me, who know what they are happy to earn and set themselves a reasonable, achievable worksheet each day that can be finished to a good standard whilst providing a better then average income.
Admittedly I have settled comfortably in this category due to the fact my other half brings in just as much as I do. I have no need or desire to grow, expand or work faster.
If things were different however,  I would definitely choose the "slow" but high quality, premium price way.

I'm on this forum long enough to remember how 8 weekly was able to charge £20 for properties that others where charging £5 for on the basis that quality over price won work, the splash and dash only came into it when he had to justify turning a £20 property/s into an £80k a year turnover, its why I take both earnings and speed on here with a pinch of salt.

chris turner

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2018, 10:26:37 am »
Hi Lee, I'm not looking to divulge my information on here and not trying to out trump you. We run 2 very different operations and are building them in very different ways.

I just knew my post would be taken wrong.

I just want to know how you can state you have one of the fastest growing compaines in the uk thats all. How do you measure that? I wasnt saying anything about you trumping anyone.

Why would it be a problem to say how many new customers you have added this year? I havnt asked you to post a copy of your tax return.

Mod note: Highly offensive post removed; a repeat or similar will result in a ban.

G Griffin

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2018, 10:30:47 am »
Hi Lee, I'm not looking to divulge my information on here and not trying to out trump you. We run 2 very different operations and are building them in very different ways.

I just knew my post would be taken wrong.

I just want to know how you can state you have one of the fastest growing compaines in the uk thats all. How do you measure that? I wasnt saying anything about you trumping anyone.

Why would it be a problem to say how many new customers you have added this year? I havnt asked you to post a copy of your tax return.

Mod note: Highly offensive post removed; a repeat or similar will result in a ban.
Oi!
I'm eating here  >:(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lee Pryor

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2018, 10:41:03 am »
Not at all Chris.

Let me be clear there is not a single person on this forum that makes me feel threatend in any way.

I am simply interseted in his methods of measurement that allow such a strong statement. Then I am interested to learn what he does to generate that.  I want to learn from like minded people thats all.

You on the other hand are one of the nasty haters who yet again has just personally insulted someone you know nothing about and have never met. I have never had to publicly apologise to anyone on here as you did yesterday. Its easy to be so rude to people from behind your keyboard isnt it Chris.

You see from my point of view there are not many people on here trying to do what myself john, and david are doing. Its nice for me to get an idea of what someone else whos in that position thinks is fast growth.

If I were you Chris I would keep the personal and offensive insults to yourself. Either that or at least have the balls to come down and say it to my face. If you cant do that then you shouldnt do it on here.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

chris turner

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2018, 10:47:47 am »
Not at all Chris.

Let me be clear there is not a single person on this forum that makes me feel threatend in any way.

I am simply interseted in his methods of measurement that allow such a strong statement. Then I am interested to learn what he does to generate that.  I want to learn from like minded people thats all.

You on the other hand are one of the nasty haters who yet again has just personally insulted someone you know nothing about and have never met. I have never had to publicly apologise to anyone on here as you did yesterday. Its easy to be so rude to people from behind your keyboard isnt it Chris.

You see from my point of view there are not many people on here trying to do what myself john, and david are doing. Its nice for me to get an idea of what someone else whos in that position thinks is fast growth.

If I were you Chris I would keep the personal and offensive insults to yourself. Either that or at least have the balls to come down and say it to my face. If you cant do that then you shouldnt do it on here.

Get a grip Lee.

The tone of your post towards David was aggressive in nature. You only want to know his figures just to know if you are bettering them.
He is humbly keeping them to himself and I totally respect that. He doesn't need to prove himself to the world like you do.

chris turner

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2018, 10:55:03 am »
I'm not going to jump down this rabbit hole with you again Lee, it never ends well for anyone.
However I will still throw the odd comment your way if I disagree with the nature of your posts. If you can't respond to that without offering me to come down your way and resort to violence, well clearly your not as bigger man as you make out.

Marc Stock

« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2018, 11:11:29 am »
Who said anything about Violence?

:P

Lee is simply saying have some balls. I have my business details on here for transparency. You hide behind a profile and make accusations on a public forum of other peoples work; which by the way are still possibly libel ( yeah got the spelling right).

I accepted your apology and halted legal action; i very nearly went through with it though.

Please dont start again on someone else Chris. Yes i admit i did look like a bit of a twat getting all legal and stuff, but if your going to pick a new fight with someone else then that apology you made to me yesterday you might as well not bothered.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2018, 11:23:05 am »
Firstly my post to david was genuine and in no way at all like you have judged it to be. I find it interesting and challenging to bounce off like minded people who have grown a sizeable business in the industry I am part of.

Second Chris I said nothing about violence. Im pointing out its one thing to hide behind your keyboard and another to be so rude to a persons face. I have no problem with people disagreeing with something I say, although I wasnt talking to you so why is it any of your business what I say to David or why. Im sure he can stick up for himself if he needs to. Disagree all you want Chris. Personal insults and being generally nasty to someone is quite different. My point was if you wouldnt do it to a persons face then nor should you on here.

chris turner

« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2018, 11:33:49 am »
Who said anything about Violence?

:P

Lee is simply saying have some balls. I have my business details on here for transparency. You hide behind a profile and make accusations on a public forum of other peoples work; which by the way are still possibly libel ( yeah got the spelling right).

I accepted your apology and halted legal action; i very nearly went through with it though.

Please dont start again on someone else Chris. Yes i admit i did look like a bit of a twat getting all legal and stuff, but if your going to pick a new fight with someone else then that apology you made to me yesterday you might as well not bothered.

My original comment was merely a humerous poke of fun aimed at Lee.
What did I say to you about growing a thicker skin?

Lee can't come on here and expect the red carpet rolled out whilst people worship the ground he walks on every time.
There will be little digs here and there, people will make fun, people will be abusive. If he can't take the bad with the good then perhaps he shouldn't be on here at all.
Most of us on here are "normal" hardworking folk that probably grew up with banter and mates taking the pee out of each other. Deal with it.

And Marc,, I'm glad we cleared things up and I truly meant my apology, I stepped to far for even me.
However, in regards to your whole legal threats, please be clear I was not worried in the slightest. You had absolutely no grounds whatsoever. As I said I made absolutely no claims or said anything damaging towards your business. I did not speak your business name once, I was very careful with that.
Therefore your claim could have only been made against my statements against you as an individual. Seeing as there was no racial, political or violently oriented remarks towards you, I was not breaking the law. Unless of course you have personal infringement rights, to which I highly doubt.

chris turner

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2018, 11:36:34 am »
Firstly my post to david was genuine and in no way at all like you have judged it to be. I find it interesting and challenging to bounce off like minded people who have grown a sizeable business in the industry I am part of.

Second Chris I said nothing about violence. Im pointing out its one thing to hide behind your keyboard and another to be so rude to a persons face. I have no problem with people disagreeing with something I say, although I wasnt talking to you so why is it any of your business what I say to David or why. Im sure he can stick up for himself if he needs to. Disagree all you want Chris. Personal insults and being generally nasty to someone is quite different. My point was if you wouldnt do it to a persons face then nor should you on here.

If we insulted one another at face point, then it probably would have ended in violence. Not that I'm totally against that idea, it just wouldn't have solved much would it now.

John Mart

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2018, 11:36:52 am »
From 8 weeklys perspective speed is the be all and end all. It's the way he maximises profit. Bash his way through as many jobs as he (or staff) can do in a day.
Yet how is that way better then the guy who can earn the same amount only doing 2 jobs a day, with less driving, less reeling in and cleaning the windows to an immaculate condition?
If someone can get £160 for a £55 job then good for him. He's not "swinging the lead", he spends all morning doing a top job. Even going out of his way to get to those hard to reach windows, you know, the ones behind overgrown hedges.

8 weekly has big overheads, staff to pay etc, and feels the way to meet these overheads is to work as fast as possible.
You have the "premium" price guys that prefer the 1 or 2 jobs a day at an extremely high quality.
Then you have guys like me, who know what they are happy to earn and set themselves a reasonable, achievable worksheet each day that can be finished to a good standard whilst providing a better then average income.
Admittedly I have settled comfortably in this category due to the fact my other half brings in just as much as I do. I have no need or desire to grow, expand or work faster.
If things were different however,  I would definitely choose the "slow" but high quality, premium price way.

I'm on this forum long enough to remember how 8 weekly was able to charge £20 for properties that others where charging £5 for on the basis that quality over price won work, the splash and dash only came into it when he had to justify turning a £20 property/s into an £80k a year turnover, its why I take both earnings and speed on here with a pinch of salt.
You have a better memory than me then. I do recall once saying about a local guy that said to me about a largish Victorian semi "who's gonna pay more than a fiver for that?". Is that what you're dodgy memory is referring to?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2018, 11:53:17 am »
Your just not getting it are you Chris.

Probably best you don't talk to me or comment on my posts especially if they are nothing to do with you. Problem solved then isn't it.

chris turner

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2018, 11:58:33 am »
Ok Chris.

If you want to be known as the ball breaker  and the one that insults people, then well i suppose thats your choice.

I'm not all insulting, I do show respect where it's due and I am generally a very nice guy.
That dreamboat of a man david kent has nothing but my admiration 😍 ;D
There's how to run a quality business without all the showing off.

John Mart

« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2018, 12:10:03 pm »
Ok Chris.

If you want to be known as the ball breaker  and the one that insults people, then well i suppose thats your choice.

I'm not all insulting, I do show respect where it's due and I am generally a very nice guy.
That dreamboat of a man david kent has nothing but my admiration 😍 ;D
There's how to run a quality business without all the showing off.
His is a franchise though and really very different. For example he could have 10 vans covering what a regular business would cover with three.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2018, 12:20:58 pm »
Not being funny Chris but I think I have earned the right to show off if I want to. Besides, me showing off as you put it inspires others here to push forward. Why shouldn't I be proud of my achievements. I think you forget I started with a bucket and ladder on the roof rack of a falling apart civic. I worked my arse off re invested everything I made and had the balls to do the things most here wouldn't even think of never mind attempt. I wasn't lucky, knowone gave me anything or did anything to help me. You don't have the first clue about what it takes to get to this level and if you did you would problem be just as proud as I am. All that rubbish you spout about red carpets ect just makes you look jealous and resentful. I don't expect that at all. It's a shame that in this country so many people like you see success as a negative thing. Very different attitude in the states where people push each other up rather than bringing someone down.

Dry Clean

« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2018, 12:30:44 pm »

You have a better memory than me then. I do recall once saying about a local guy that said to me about a largish Victorian semi "who's gonna pay more than a fiver for that?". Is that what you're dodgy memory is referring to?

It was a local shiner who had been cleaning in the property next door for a fiver, you have told the story a few times and your price does vary from £15 to £20 so maybe it is your memory. lol.

Dry Clean

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2018, 12:43:46 pm »
Not being funny Chris but I think I have earned the right to show off if I want to. Besides, me showing off as you put it inspires others here to push forward. Why shouldn't I be proud of my achievements. I think you forget I started with a bucket and ladder on the roof rack of a falling apart civic. I worked my arse off re invested everything I made and had the balls to do the things most here wouldn't even think of never mind attempt. I wasn't lucky, knowone gave me anything or did anything to help me. You don't have the first clue about what it takes to get to this level and if you did you would problem be just as proud as I am. All that rubbish you spout about red carpets ect just makes you look jealous and resentful. I don't expect that at all. It's a shame that in this country so many people like you see success as a negative thing. Very different attitude in the states where people push each other up rather than bringing someone down.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2018, 01:24:10 pm »
Ok im now permanently locking this.

Too much bickering.

;D

I've just had a look at today's posts in this thread and I agree Marc.

However Chris Turner has posted a highly offensive post towards Lee which I deem to be beyond the forum rules. I have gone back and deleted it.

If there is a repeat or similar then a ban will be put in place.

This thread can remain locked - not because I have chosen to do it but because an original poster can choose to do it and it his or her prerogative to lock and unlock it.
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2018, 09:58:22 am »
I've now locked this thread.

It's a game of three halves!